Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomer04
Stranger
 User Gallery

LC >>>> anything bulk?
    #24096648 - 02/16/17 09:54 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

hi friends....been attempting to grow for years. I have several strains of spores, I put 3 cc's in sterilized jars of corn syrup, and/or corn syrup/tan malt powder mixtures...pc for 20 mins at 15 psi etc...., I have been waiting for 9 days on 2 jars of GT which were older spores.....and new spores of creeper (penis envy?)....anyway....my jars look healthy so far....getting lighter in color over time,....they look like snow globes when I swirl/shake them lol.... in the sugar/h20 jars I only see tiny white flakes...no contaminations....in the other jars with the malt its more difficult to tell...but they look like they are growing faster and have a better "cloud' of myc... I'm newer at this, but smart, educated, etc....I need advice. Are my jars sounding ok so far?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LC >>>> anything bulk? [Re: shroomer04]
    #24096669 - 02/16/17 10:08 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Putting spores to LC is very risky. Spore syringes aren't clean enough.

I'd just put those spores directly to grain if I were you.

Actually, you'd do yourself a huge favor if you learned to use agar.

To answer your question, sometimes you csm tell if an LC is dirty from looking at it, but you can never tell if its cleaan without testing it

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

Offlineshroomer04
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: LC >>>> anything bulk? [Re: mushpunx]
    #24096672 - 02/16/17 10:11 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

thank you very muchly for the info!

sooooo,at this point....outside of using an agar technique...I need a microscope to see if my shit is clean, is what ur saying?

Offlinetump
ban the undead
 User Gallery

#24096674 - 02/16/17 10:12 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

First prepared to be shitstormed for putting spores to lc. Second pictures are a must to tell anything and evem then you have to test it to see if its clean. Agar is a must for clean cultures.  That being said if you produce a lot of grains spawn which lc designed for testing on two grain jars wont hurt to much. Honestly for me injecting 5ml lc into 2 qts of oats and waiting five days to see what growth looks like is nothing to me conpared to same time line with pasty plate. Honestly go made agar no poir plates use a little spores to gernate and cut away grown to tranfers atleast once. On second tranfers just cleanly drop into lc. Wait two weeks and knock up grains and like 10 to 15 jars of secondary lc. Yes it adds another month starting out but after it you have cleanish cultures and a shit ton of speed for grain jars which increase yeild. By month three you have clones to isolate a tranfers on agar to make more masters lc. This shit will keep you busy for a year if done right.

Offlinetump
ban the undead
 User Gallery

Re: LC >>>> anything bulk? [Re: tump]
    #24096681 - 02/16/17 10:14 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Also karo is great for master's because its clear. But after that grain water lc is your god

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24096685 - 02/16/17 10:19 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

shroomer04 said:
thank you very muchly for the info!

sooooo,at this point....outside of using an agar technique...I need a microscope to see if my shit is clean, is what ur saying?

Well you have to test it. On agar preferably, otherwise you will have to put it to grain and you most likely won't know if its clean until you fruit it

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

Offlinetump
ban the undead
 User Gallery

Re: LC >>>> anything bulk? [Re: mushpunx]
    #24096700 - 02/16/17 10:30 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

With enough time you can tell if its contam on grain and extractly hows it going to fail. We preach that agar is the end all stop to contams but even if it looks clean on agar doesn't mean it really is clean. I've tested lc on agar over 50 times and its only saved me form mass contamation 2 times and failed to spot bacterial 3 times, trich one, and some weriod yellow mold which blended with yellow agar. So learn to read if uts clean or not which takes time. We have a contam forum please use it before you waste time on mass knocking up

Offlineshroomer04
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24096709 - 02/16/17 10:35 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

FUCK man, FUCK.
I'm really tired of the shitty news on this whole deal.
Truly frustrated...

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #24096725 - 02/16/17 10:45 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tump said:
With enough time you can tell if its contam on grain and extractly hows it going to fail. We preach that agar is the end all stop to contams but even if it looks clean on agar doesn't mean it really is clean. I've tested lc on agar over 50 times and its only saved me form mass contamation 2 times and failed to spot bacterial 3 times, trich one, and some weriod yellow mold which blended with yellow agar. So learn to read if uts clean or not which takes time. We have a contam forum please use it before you waste time on mass knocking up

:lolwut:

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24096728 - 02/16/17 10:47 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

shroomer04 said:
FUCK man, FUCK.
I'm really tired of the shitty news on this whole deal.
Truly frustrated...

Spores to LC is terrible. 3 cc to an LC is begging for contams. Do shit right and have success. Agar is the only reliable way to start LC.

Offlineshroomer04
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: LC >>>> anything bulk? [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #24096732 - 02/16/17 10:48 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

thanks, everyone, I appreciate it....

Offlineshroomer04
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24096737 - 02/16/17 10:51 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I guess I have a whole bunch of LC which is garbage....and a whole bunch of spore syringes I don't want/need any longer. I am really tired of wasting my time, money, and energy on nothing.

OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LC >>>> anything bulk? [Re: shroomer04] * 1
    #24096779 - 02/16/17 11:12 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

its not for nothing, it's a learning experience, and now you know what not to do.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LC >>>> anything bulk? [Re: PussyFart]
    #24096783 - 02/16/17 11:14 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

PussyFart said:
its not for nothing, it's a learning experience, and now you know what not to do.

Well said.

OfflineNattyBoh
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: LC >>>> anything bulk? [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #24097375 - 02/17/17 09:55 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I've been very successful with my LC, but I am always scared of it being contaminated. I was considering doing a cardboard tek, inoculate with my LC. Would this let me know if my LC is viable? If so I would think I could just transfer the cardboard to my grains? Of course in a glove box

OfflineNattyBoh
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: LC >>>> anything bulk? [Re: NattyBoh]
    #24097449 - 02/17/17 10:28 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Oh BTW would a contaminated LC smell bad? I've always squirt a lil in a dish, and give it a whiff.

Offlinetump
ban the undead
 User Gallery

Re: LC >>>> anything bulk? [Re: NattyBoh] * 1
    #24097462 - 02/17/17 10:30 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

NattyBoh said:
I've been very successful with my LC, but I am always scared of it being contaminated. I was considering doing a cardboard tek, inoculate with my LC. Would this let me know if my LC is viable? If so I would think I could just transfer the cardboard to my grains? Of course in a glove box

If i had the mem of the guy shooting his face off id use it.
No no no no. Cardboard is not good to check contams. You can't tranfer it cleanly because its not clean. And use still air box not glovebox. 2008 called and wants its crappy info back

OfflineCapnZ
Dimensional explorer
Male

Loc: In the Mystic
    #24097496 - 02/17/17 10:43 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

shroomer04 said:
I guess I have a whole bunch of LC which is garbage....and a whole bunch of spore syringes I don't want/need any longer. I am really tired of wasting my time, money, and energy on nothing.

Edison, when asked about his failures on making a light bulb, said " I didn't fail, I discovered 1,000 ways not to make a light bulb." It's a process man. A learning experience. Don't trash your spore syringes. Keep them and use them to learn agar. Or go direct to grain with them. Use agar, then do your LCs. Try diff shit, keep what works. The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result. Don't get down on yourself, learn from it and move on.

--------------------
Deep into the darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before...

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #24097510 - 02/17/17 10:47 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tump said:
2008 called and wants its crappy info back

:yougoodjob:

OfflineNattyBoh
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: LC >>>> anything bulk? [Re: mushboy]
    #24097550 - 02/17/17 11:04 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Cool thanks for the input, I will keep doing what I've been having success with. Maybe just doing a grain2grain transfer, and educating myself about agar. Funny I thought I was cultivating mushrooms, turns out it is cultivating me. Much in the same I thought I was consuming them, they actually consumed me...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract