Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineinnernetter
Wizard

Other People.
    #2407768 - 03/08/04 03:53 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

I know this may sound redundant, but I'd really like to get this out there for people who don't know. Recently I had a rather intense trip, and I was really having a great time. We went out for a walk to the store to get some water, and on our way there, we were harassed by several people. I don't mind it when I'm minding my own business and someone says hello or something. But when perfect strangers feel they have to lecture you for being on drugs, thats just completly inconsiderate and uncalled for. People have to understand that when you're sober and talking to someone who's on a    Completly    different level than you are, they are not going to understand whatever you think you can pound your brilliant insight into. You've gotta respect other people's space. Otherwise, it was pretty groovy. I really do avoid going out in public as best I can when I'm tripping. I understand there is a line that you just shouldn't cross, but I think I should have the goddamn right to be walking through a park or whatever, (whether I'm on drugs or not) and not get harassed. 

I don't want to sound bitter but GODDAMN. :thumbdown:

--------------------
"...My milk turned to mecca, my face fell through the floor, think I found the key to heaven but I cannot find the door..." - Legendary Pink Dots

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: Other People. [Re: innernetter]
    #2407774 - 03/08/04 03:55 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

who harassed you?? just some kids?

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Offlineinnernetter
Wizard

Re: Other People. [Re: Infrared]
    #2407792 - 03/08/04 03:59 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

I don't know, this weird middle-aged couple, and this pointy girl who looked a lot like an elf. The middle aged husband and wife went apeshit on my buddy and I. Scared the living Christ out of us. I just grabbed her and ran.

--------------------
"...My milk turned to mecca, my face fell through the floor, think I found the key to heaven but I cannot find the door..." - Legendary Pink Dots

Offlinewhiterabbit13
I'm late

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
    #2408167 - 03/08/04 05:09 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

thats so sad that people cant enjoy a nice spiritual trippy moment without having someone else bring them down. Just keep fighting the good fight!!

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Other People. [Re: whiterabbit13]
    #2408202 - 03/08/04 05:16 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

I learned thirty years ago to stay in a safe place when shrooming. It has nothing to do about being able to go someplace because most people are quite content with where they are at. I stopped going outside tripping on shrooms ov er thirty years ago. Why. Whell I saw a horrible car wreack and it bummed me out for several days.

I learned that I should do all in my powetr to secure my safety and sanity while shrooming. At home I have a woman, A warm bath, good music and lots of sex to spend the shroom evening in a fun manner.

Acid I can handle outdoors, the same with mexcaline but i keep my shrooms indfo doors where o no poutside influence can change the tirp I am on. Not only t do I have a great time. I disconnect my phone so no one will call. I put signs on my front door that we are away. This also insures safe passage on a journey.

OPutside, other peopels shit can bug you and make yo not have a pleasant experience.

Stay safe and home when yo shroom and yo will not have those kinda problems.

mj

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #2408292 - 03/08/04 05:34 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

At home I have a woman, A warm bath, good music and lots of sex to spend the shroom evening in a fun manner.

Sounds like a great place to trip.  :smile2:

--------------------

Offlineinnernetter
Wizard

Re: Other People. [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2408297 - 03/08/04 05:35 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

The people in my neighborhood  really keep to themselves. There's no one playing road hockey, no yard sales. If you wave to them on the street they look at you like you're from Mars. Yet, when they find one single thing to complain about; (loud music, etc.) they jump all over it like flies on shit. We've always respected the unspoken agreement, yet, when I'm out for a bloody walk to the store on drugs, they have to chime in with their two cents. They can suck my testicles.  :mad2:

--------------------

Offlinetelamahooka
journeyman

#2408518 - 03/08/04 06:43 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

some people just don't understand and don't even try to, they just harass you without keeping an open mind. I just moved into an apartment and when all the stuff was being moved in it obviously makes noise. the guy downstairs started banging on the ceiling like he was fucking insane!!! some people :shake:

--------------------
"He who makes a beast of himself relieves the pain of being a man"-doctor johnson

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

#2408899 - 03/08/04 08:40 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

So... how'd they know you were tripping?

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Other People. [Re: OctopusDr]
    #2409443 - 03/08/04 11:17 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

Yeah, that's what I was going to ask... how did they know you were tripping in the first place?

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
Re: Other People. [Re: OctopusDr]
    #2409502 - 03/08/04 11:34 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

OctopusDr said:

yes, how did they know you were shrooming.?

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Invisibleboeha
explorer

Re: Other People. [Re: Merkin]
    #2409585 - 03/08/04 11:50 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Merkaba said:
Quote:

OctopusDr said:

yes, how did they know you were shrooming.?

A rather stupid question I think; ever saw yourself in the mirror on the comedown of a trip? It looks like you just stayed up for 2 weeks in a row, and your eyes give you away in 0.1 sec.
+ People tend to walk funny, act funny; but the sober people do not consider it funny  :mad:

I had to deal with the same thing; I went to a 7/11 just to get some cigarettes; when 2 people started giving me shit that I'm a sad junkie. And when I walked away, they started talking louder and louder. Later that night, those 2 men probably drank themselves silly too...
You know that song from Gary Jules: "it's a mad world"
I'd like to change it into: "It's a sad world"
:sad:

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

OfflineMister Black
smokes pot

Re: Other People. [Re: boeha]
    #2409616 - 03/08/04 11:58 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

Maybe you just need to behave yourself if you're going to be tripping in public.

Anonymous

Re: Other People. [Re: boeha]
    #2409686 - 03/09/04 12:19 AM (20 years, 24 days ago)

"ever saw yourself in the mirror on the comedown of a trip? It looks like you just stayed up for 2 weeks in a row, and your eyes give you away in 0.1 sec."
i always thought that tripping caused me to think i looked weirder in a mirror then i actually did... i have seldom experienced any sort of harrasment while on shrooms, and never from strangers... perhaps people are just extra nice here in seattle, though  :smile:

OfflineMister Black
smokes pot

Re: Other People. [Re: ]
    #2409705 - 03/09/04 12:23 AM (20 years, 24 days ago)

Tripping at the arboretum. Yes.

Offlineinnernetter
Wizard

#2409874 - 03/09/04 01:52 AM (20 years, 24 days ago)

Well, aside from my eyes being dialated like mad, I was also inspecting things around me in a not-so-usual way. But, why is it that people ignore a homeless guy yelling at a mailbox, but not me, because I'm not acting like something I look like I should be. (sorry if that didn't make sense, sometimes my thoughts trip over their own feet)

--------------------

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
    #2410604 - 03/09/04 09:58 AM (20 years, 24 days ago)

Yeah I get that like staring up at the stars for long periods of time or other fun stuff.
But not once have i been harrased, i was once stoped and asked for directions which i chad no clue on how to give. Other than that i have been luck, but if some one gave me shit for triping that bad and where almost kicking of then i would have to realy retaliate in a non vilont way.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2411082 - 03/09/04 12:29 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

I HATE that! Not that THAT has happened before, but talking with sober people who are not my friends is so damn annoying. I get this intense feeling in my stomouch, I can just imagine that if I was tripping and I had an middle aged couple harassing me I would puke on the floor from the intensity in my stomouch. Its this thing you just wanna "rip" yourself away from if you know what I mean.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2411143 - 03/09/04 12:46 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

I wondering what you were doing that clued
the couple into the fact that you and your
partner were on drugs?

were you acting like a loony ass or something?

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2411982 - 03/09/04 06:46 PM (20 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Candorf said:
But, why is it that people ignore a homeless guy yelling at a mailbox, but not me, because I'm not acting like something I look like I should be.

People have certain expectations based on roles. A homeless guy yelling at a mailbox can be dismissed as insanity, but for a "normal citizen" to examine everyday objects with interest, it falls out of the expected guidelines. Ever notice how childern are fascinated by watching and playing with everyday objects? It's a novelity to them because it's so unfamiliar. Adults often forget how amazing everyday life can be simply because they're too caught up within their own world. Who's the more foolish? The person who is able to get the most out of anything, or those who can critize most anything?

Sometimes people are so bitter that they have no idea what it means to be alive. Just remind yourself that you have something they're lacking.  :yesnod:

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom