Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleeeso
Str@nger
Male User Gallery
China Carfentanil Ban a 'Game-changer' for Opioid Epidemic * 1
    #24094573 - 02/16/17 07:50 AM (5 months, 30 days ago)

http://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2017-02-15/china-makes-deadly-opioid-carfentanil-a-controlled-substance

China Carfentanil Ban a 'Game-changer' for Opioid Epidemic
China is adding the deadly drug carfentanil and three other synthetic opioids to its controlled substances list effective March 1.

Feb. 16, 2017, at 12:42 a.m.

China Carfentanil Ban a 'Game-changer' for Opioid Epidemic

The Associated Press

By ERIKA KINETZ, Associated Press

SHANGHAI (AP) — China is adding the deadly elephant tranquilizer carfentanil and three related synthetic opioids to its list of controlled substances effective March 1, China's National Narcotics Control Commission said Thursday.

The move closes a major loophole in the global regulation of a substance so lethal it has been used as a chemical weapon and described as a terrorist threat.

The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration called China's action a potential "game-changer" that is likely to reduce supply of key chemicals driving a surge of overdoses and deaths among unsuspecting drug users in North America. After China controlled 116 synthetic drugs in October 2015, seizures in the United States of compounds on that list plunged.

"It's a substantial step in the fight against opioids here in the United States," said Russell Baer, a DEA special agent in Washington. "We're persuaded it will have a definite impact."

China has emerged as an important source country for opioids like carfentanil, which burst into public view last summer when it appeared in the North American drug supply. Dealers cut fentanyls into heroin and other drugs to boost profit margins.

Beijing has taken a precedent-setting approach to regulation, even controlling chemicals, like fentanyls, that are not widely abused domestically. Chinese drug enforcement authorities have described the synthetic drug threat as a "world-wide problem" and urged "all countries to strengthen the control of new psychoactive substances and work on decreasing demand."

Beijing already regulates fentanyl and 18 related compounds. China said it is also placing carfentanil's less-potent cousins furanyl fentanyl, acryl fentanyl and valeryl fentanyl under control. All are prevalent in the U.S. drug supply, Baer said. The DEA confirmed more than 400 seizures of carfentanil across eight U.S. states from July through October. Ohio was hardest hit.

In October, The Associated Press identified 12 Chinese companies that offered to export carfentanil around the world for a few thousand dollars a kilogram (2.2. pounds), no questions asked. That same month China began evaluating whether to add carfentanil and the three other fentanyls to its list of controlled substances. Usually, the process can take nine months. This time, it took just four.

Both the DEA and U.S. State Department have pressed China to make carfentanil a controlled substance. Though Beijing has said U.S. assertions that China is the top source of fentanyls lack evidence, the two countries have been deepening cooperation as the U.S. opioid epidemic intensifies.

U.S. opioid demand is driving the proliferation of a new class of deadly synthetic drugs, made by nimble chemists to stay one step ahead of new rules like this one. As soon as one substance is banned, others proliferate. After Beijing tightened its focus on fentanyls late last year, the AP documented how Chinese vendors began to actively market alternative opioids , like U-47700.

"We don't think their scheduling actions will end with just these four," Baer said.

___

Associated Press researcher Fu Ting contributed to this report from Shanghai.

Follow Kinetz on Twitter at http://twitter.com/ekinetz

Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: China Carfentanil Ban a 'Game-changer' for Opioid Epidemic [Re: eeso]
    #24094700 - 02/16/17 09:38 AM (5 months, 30 days ago)

so, chinese manufacturers only have 2-3 weeks to unload a giant supply of this onto the legal market?  it would be such a shame if their pockets were dented, ever-so-slightly, immediately, instead of being allowed to carry-on

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male

Re: China Carfentanil Ban a 'Game-changer' for Opioid Epidemic [Re: demiu5] * 1
    #24094913 - 02/16/17 11:39 AM (5 months, 30 days ago)

Not a game changer at all. Prohibition is a failure! All that is going to change is the drug will be made is some basement rather then a lab leading to even more health issues.

Legalize doctors to prescribe safe medical opiates to users, and make sure users have the access to the tools they need to quit when they choose to do so. Not a perfect solution but this ain't a prefect world.

OfflineMeyerLanski
Entheogenic Soulwarrior
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States of America Flag
Re: China Carfentanil Ban a 'Game-changer' for Opioid Epidemic [Re: rider420]
    #24094977 - 02/16/17 12:05 PM (5 months, 30 days ago)

Changes nothing! Another laughable attempt to sate the civilians need for retributive justice in lieu of all the overdose deaths here in the US, the machine has too hoodwink the majority aka. The Sheeple, into believing something is being done, the mighty power of misinformation feeding the minds of the weak.

--------------------
Knowledge is Power

Offlinedelwel69
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: China Carfentanil Ban a 'Game-changer' for Opioid Epidemic [Re: MeyerLanski]
    #24095011 - 02/16/17 12:20 PM (5 months, 30 days ago)

heroin should definitely not be "cut" with carfentanil. banning it wont do anything, i never understood how someone wants to cur drugs with a drug that is measured in micrograms, you cant even see a lethal dose its so small but yet they try to cut dope with carfentanil.  I have been first hand experience this last november I overdosed(8x) on what I thought was heroin but it turned out to be carfentanil.  it took multiple shots of naloxone several times.  this experience has caused me to stop using heroin and now I get by with a little help from suboxone.  So many people have died because of this poison laced dope, not that heroin is safe but usually not deadly in doses of 1/1000th of a milligram

OfflineLuSiD enthusiast
Stranger

Re: China Carfentanil Ban a 'Game-changer' for Opioid Epidemic [Re: delwel69]
    #24095219 - 02/16/17 02:18 PM (5 months, 30 days ago)

Quote:

delwel69 said:
heroin should definitely not be "cut" with carfentanil. banning it wont do anything, i never understood how someone wants to cur drugs with a drug that is measured in micrograms, you cant even see a lethal dose its so small but yet they try to cut dope with carfentanil.  I have been first hand experience this last november I overdosed(8x) on what I thought was heroin but it turned out to be carfentanil.  it took multiple shots of naloxone several times.  this experience has caused me to stop using heroin and now I get by with a little help from suboxone.  So many people have died because of this poison laced dope, not that heroin is safe but usually not deadly in doses of 1/1000th of a milligram

You overdosed 8 times? Or were you making a comparison in how much you ingested?

--------------------
I'm addicted to coke, weed, booze, ludes and speed.
Not LSD, you can't get addicted to LSD, it was built by scientists.

I ain't got no demons that gonna get woke.

In erowid we trust.

Just take your damn pills and don't ask any questions, you'll be fine.

OfflineQT3BFLEE
ส้
Male

Loc: Murica Flag
Re: China Carfentanil Ban a 'Game-changer' for Opioid Epidemic [Re: LuSiD enthusiast]
    #24096615 - 02/16/17 11:37 PM (5 months, 29 days ago)

Am I of solitary opinion that heroin addicts are the problem, and highly refined, synthetic opioids are not?

Seriously, I once was told back in my day that two batches were available. One was twice as potent, "but cut", and my dealer couldnt believe why I would want to purchase the last of the uncut batch. A week later, 4 people died due to the new cut being added a little too liberally.

Furthermore, once I did end up buying a known cut product and simply titrated my dose accordingly while I saw someone slam .1 and lose their high to narcan. Glad I'm not about that life anymore.

--------------------
My Public Key

OfflineForrester
Lyme advocate/farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maine, USA Flag
Re: China Carfentanil Ban a 'Game-changer' for Opioid Epidemic [Re: QT3BFLEE]
    #24097069 - 02/17/17 08:02 AM (5 months, 29 days ago)

Good for all of you who have managed to get off opiates - and I know you already know, but for those who haven't please be extra careful!
Quote:

QT3BFLEE said:
Am I of solitary opinion that heroin addicts are the problem, and highly refined, synthetic opioids are not?

Seriously, I once was told back in my day that two batches were available. One was twice as potent, "but cut", and my dealer couldnt believe why I would want to purchase the last of the uncut batch. A week later, 4 people died due to the new cut being added a little too liberally.

Furthermore, once I did end up buying a known cut product and simply titrated my dose accordingly while I saw someone slam .1 and lose their high to narcan. Glad I'm not about that life anymore.

I don't believe that heroin addicts are the problem - I believe overdoses wouldn't be a problem if the drugs were legalized, taxed, and regulated like they should be.  Whether fentanyl, any analog, or heroin itself, if people knew what they were taking and the doses were manufactured at safe levels, none of these substances would be a problem (well, of course there would be the MEDICAL problem of addiction some would get) but at least they could use the drugs safely.  And get proper (which should be free) treatment and counceling for their addiction if they desired.

If we can afford hundreds of millions of dollars for a fighter jet that doesn't fly, we could certainly use all the money we waste on the drug war (and the overinflated military industrial complex) for single payer healthcare and give addicts the treatment they need.  And let the ones who don't want treatment be addicted, a LOT more safely, if that's how they want to live their lives. 

How many times do we have to see that prohibition doesn't work?  Yet we keep doing it.

--------------------
Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

And if you are one of the hundreds of thousands of people suffering from un/mis-diagnosed illness, and you KNOW there is something wrong with how you feel, you might just have lyme disease!  Any questions about getting a diagnosis, or treatment options, feel free to PM me.

OfflineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Re: China Carfentanil Ban a 'Game-changer' for Opioid Epidemic [Re: Forrester]
    #24097122 - 02/17/17 09:05 AM (5 months, 29 days ago)

Quote:

12 Chinese companies that offered to export carfentanil around the world for a few thousand dollars a kilogram (2.2. pounds), no questions asked.

A kilo is a billion doses.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

InvisibleXLCaps
octopus fucking starfish
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Next to your fire Flag
Re: China Carfentanil Ban a 'Game-changer' for Opioid Epidemic [Re: Asante]
    #24097674 - 02/17/17 01:49 PM (5 months, 29 days ago)

Which means even if they completely stop producing it, it will take years upon years for it to stop flooding the market, which is the point in which the rising price outweighs the benefit of the cut. If that even happens.

Offlinedurian_2008
cornucopian eating an elephant
 User Gallery

#24097678 - 02/17/17 01:51 PM (5 months, 29 days ago)

imhblo, the legal market is saturated.

Govts impose market controls, in order to maintain high prices.

They are generally the preeminent traffickers, in whichever vices they are at war against.

:awesomenod:

I am not philosophically a prohibitionist, just have no elephants, which need tranquilizing. ffs

OfflineGorlax
Male

Re: China Carfentanil Ban a 'Game-changer' for Opioid Epidemic [Re: durian_2008] * 1
    #24097798 - 02/17/17 02:37 PM (5 months, 29 days ago)

as long as o-desmethyltramadol isn't on that I'm good. I've ran through so much. When I run out I just jump back to kratom and wait. Shitty thing is tolerance is a bitch with it.

Offlinedurian_2008
cornucopian eating an elephant
 User Gallery

Re: China Carfentanil Ban a 'Game-changer' for Opioid Epidemic [Re: Gorlax]
    #24097888 - 02/17/17 03:23 PM (5 months, 29 days ago)

I have met plain, dull, boring people, who resent their legitimately-prescribed addictions.

And, their own doctors will usually treat them like criminals.

I find it ironic, the way that two parties are mutually participating in a drug deal. That's what it amounts to.

Each person is having feelings of moral superiority and resenting the other person.

The doctor is usually an officious drug dealer.

Offlineperikleous
Stranger

Loc: EuroZone Victim
Re: China Carfentanil Ban a 'Game-changer' for Opioid Epidemic [Re: Forrester]
    #24099411 - 02/18/17 05:32 AM (5 months, 28 days ago)

I couldnt agree with you more!
Most are afraid to admit that the gov does this because big pharma/big alchohol are lobbying (paying them off)to keep it this way.
Most refuse to face the fact that we are only in Afghanistan to obtain there opium (16 yrs now)a barrel of oil is worth $50, how much is a barrel of heroin worth?
Every photo we see of Afghanistan/US soldiers its guarding a poppy field! Is there a reason they haven't sprayed them with Glyphosate/RoundUp by now?
As strict as our borders/coast are and all the law enforcement we have in the US, yet the drugs seem to flow to the major cities for dispersing with out any "droughts" never a shortage or price war... Price has dropped and quality has gone up, yet we are suppose to believe its being smuggled in from cartels with this consistency, I believe its US gov planes through military bases...

Now Alabama is looking to give life w/o parole for fentanyl (1oz)
I am quite sure these laws will be twisted and some poor citizen with prescribed fentanyl patches for an injury will end up caged for life!

just like the laws that add time for being in posession of a firearm while commiting a felony, twisted to the point that people who burglarized boats and stole the 1st aid kits w/flare guns were convicted under those gun laws!
Same as people burglarizing cars and stealing a gun, sentenced for being in posession of a firearm while in commission of a felony...
Yet police (armed) steal drugs/cash from the property room and at most get charged with being derelict of duty or fraud "misuse of power"... never the crime citizens would have been charged with !

Now we have Trump, Police state USA/private prison systems
He is one of those who believe our poor/homeless/jobless is fROM drug use when really the jobless created the poor/homeless Drug Abuser, they may have used drugs for pleasure but once life crapped on them they self medicated!
I said it before, with HITLERY we get war with Russia or Trump amping up the police state for profit prison system!

OfflineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #24099427 - 02/18/17 05:46 AM (5 months, 28 days ago)

Ironic how the US of A cannot source the barbiturate for lethal injection, yet RC companies churn out carfentanil by the kilo.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

OfflineUltraLiveResin
Stranger
Re: China Carfentanil Ban a 'Game-changer' for Opioid Epidemic [Re: Asante] * 1
    #24099463 - 02/18/17 06:33 AM (5 months, 28 days ago)

This is a good thing, it should not be so easy to obtain these chemicals. It is basically a chemical weapon capable of mass devastation.

You tighten up on the chemical weapons and you loosen up on the traditional safer drug. You stop the wierd propoganda campaign so people know the actual risk of consumption and destigmatize addiction. You stop misleading people into thinking rx drugs are safer than they are.

You educate the population on how drugs that hijack your dopamine lower your quality of life as time passes. You offer a roadmap for people to safely detox and get counseling.

Offlinedelwel69
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: China Carfentanil Ban a 'Game-changer' for Opioid Epidemic [Re: LuSiD enthusiast]
    #24107095 - 02/21/17 02:07 AM (5 months, 25 days ago)

I overdosed accidentally 8 separate times, one where me and my friend who snorted it with me both overdosed in a local tattoo shop. Almost all timed I was revived it took multiple shots of naloxone and had to be put on an iv drip of naloxone.

Invisiblehowsyournaggerdoin
Happy

#24107115 - 02/21/17 02:22 AM (5 months, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
Ironic how the US of A cannot source the barbiturate for lethal injection, yet RC companies churn out carfentanil by the kilo.

So when are they gonna start using confiscated fentanyl for executions ?

btw I wish there were some good RC barbiturates around but i guess the dosage is too high for that to be profitable. Theyd much rather just make benzos and fent analogs. Now that i think about it there were some methqualone analogs floating around a while ago but those were a total disaster seizure fest.

OfflineLaura Cornwell
Stranger

Re: China Carfentanil Ban a 'Game-changer' for Opioid Epidemic [Re: MeyerLanski]
    #24109649 - 02/22/17 12:20 AM (5 months, 24 days ago)

I love you! I made the stupid move of going on methadone years ago.  Now,  I can't stop.  I'm a prisoner of the methadone clinics.  Though it worked to end my heron use,  I would have much rather been maintenenced on heroin. Using buprenorphine, clinics were always able to easily and painlessly detox me from heroin in seven days. The only way off of methadone is at least two months of living hell. I have been sentenced to life on methadone because of puritanical controls over our lives in relation to our right to consume whatever we want into our bodies.

OfflineForrester
Lyme advocate/farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maine, USA Flag
Re: China Carfentanil Ban a 'Game-changer' for Opioid Epidemic [Re: Laura Cornwell]
    #24109696 - 02/22/17 12:47 AM (5 months, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Laura Cornwell said:
I love you! I made the stupid move of going on methadone years ago.  Now,  I can't stop.  I'm a prisoner of the methadone clinics.  Though it worked to end my heron use,  I would have much rather been maintenenced on heroin. Using buprenorphine, clinics were always able to easily and painlessly detox me from heroin in seven days. The only way off of methadone is at least two months of living hell. I have been sentenced to life on methadone because of puritanical controls over our lives in relation to our right to consume whatever we want into our bodies.

I'm sorry to hear you're having such trouble getting off methadone!  I was on it for 2+ solid years at 200mg/day.  I tapered while I was locked up in a inpatient facility for other reasons (they had to give me my methadone in pills which were WAY stronger than the red liquid so I pocketed half of them).  Used what I stashed along with some benzo's when I got out, and didn't have much trouble at all. 

Maybe try a slow taper, or if you have the means take some time off work and quick detox with the aid of benzos and, strangely, DXM helped me (google it, I think there's a reason it does, receptors and whatnot but my memory is shit, sorry).

You can do it though, you really can.  I have the most addictive personality I know of and I did.  Just don't get addicted to the damn benzos... that's even worse.

--------------------
Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

And if you are one of the hundreds of thousands of people suffering from un/mis-diagnosed illness, and you KNOW there is something wrong with how you feel, you might just have lyme disease!  Any questions about getting a diagnosis, or treatment options, feel free to PM me.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: DXM

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service