Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Phish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Thinking about tripping for the first time...
    #2408633 - 03/08/04 09:20 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Hey guys, I apologize that this is so long but I am trying to be thorough. Please offer me some advise. I am planning on shrooming next week and I want to make sure everything goes ok.

I was able to obtain 1/4 oz (2 8ths) of dried Cubensis and the plan is to split them three ways. My plan is to take just half of an eighth into two doses staggered 15-20 minutes apart, and then if comfortable take the other .6 grams.

I have doing alot of meditation and studying Zen and Taoist philosphy and would like to be able to see it actualized. For most of my life I have felt like that I have been living in a dream, like I'm not awake, except for in meditation or when smoking weed. I am hoping to have some kind of awakening, and also to free myself from my habitual thoughts to new and inspiring kinds of experience. I want to understand my own consciousness better, as well as gain a greater appreciation for the world around me, reality, and life in general. I believe shrooms will help me see this things with greater clarity and show me a more spiritual side of reality. I think that if I treat the mushrooms seriously, as a spiritual tool and not just another high, I will have an enjoyabe and profound experiemce.

First here is my plan:
The day of I plan on meditating alot, talking a walk around the neighborhood and looking at childhood photographs. Then I take a shower and head over my buddies house which is on a hill and has a nice view of the city. My good freind's (plural freinds as they are brothers)parents will be out of town for 4 days or so, so three of us will eat the mushrooms and maybe another freind will be around to make sure we don't injure ourselves. Everyone but me has tripped before.

We will eat at around 5:30-6:00 (for the sunset).I am thinking of downing some tums (for nasuea) and orange juice with the shrooms. But before we eat we will first pay homage to the mushrooms and ask that they take us on a safe and enjoyable journey as well as pray to God to watch over us. I think even if it is purely placebo a jesture of goodwill towards the mushrooms would have a good effect on the trip.
We will also agree on not calling 911 or taking anyone to a hospital unless they are at risk or experience physical harm, or if the trip last more than eight hours. We will make a pact not to mess with each other and to make sure the trip goes as smoothly as possible.

We will meditate for about a half hour before and a bit during the come up and then turn on Phish: A Live One (both discs i think). Maybe later we will listen to Dark Side of the Moon, Phish: Farmhouse or Billy Breathes, and maybe some Led Zeppelin.
We will have some good tangerines (satsuma's maybe), jello, sorbet and this cool juice called Mango Lime Fiesta. Maybe a few toys to play with.
Then we hang out outside and the gazebo and maybe if feeling adventurous roam the nearby golf course. If we want to play music we will a lot of instruments to play with in the basement.

Ok, that is the plan: Now, my concerns.
Although, I do feel pretty confident about the choice to take mushrooms, and the strength of my mind to handle them I do have some concerns. For alot of my life I have experience mild forms of depression on and off and have had some painful and traumatic experiences. When I was 10 years old my mother died and during my high school years, and even through college (I am 21) I have sometimes had a difficult time fitting it.
My family has no history of mental illness, and I think I have a very strong mind, but I do have worries that some repressed painful emotions might give me a bad trip, even if I am in a good mindset and setting.
Sometimes when I smoke weed I can get some mildly depressing and anxious feelings. I am very sensitive to pot, so even a couple good drags and I can feel like I'm on another planet. Two bong hits is enough to render me nearly unable to speak. I am able to visualize amazing things, and imagine them almost like I can see them. Because I have a very active, introspective nad analytical mind weed does some pretty crazy things to me. It is sort of a trip.
The first time I tried weed I panicked and ended up pacing around the room for a while thinking something was wrong with me.
Now, I am much more versed in how psychedelics effect you, what to expect, and how to deal with panicky situations, then I was when I first smoked weed, but since you never know until you experience it I can't be sure of how I will react.

I have a very positive attitude and high hopes for my shrooming experience, but I want to make sure everything goes all right and I'm not scarred for life or trigger a latent psychosis.

Should I be all right? Any suggestions?

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMarioNett
Stranger
Re: Thinking about tripping for the first time... [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #2409018 - 03/08/04 11:16 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Sounds like you're being cautious and respectful of the drug, as you should be. You've got a good plan and are as ready as you can be. I'm not sure I see the point in staggering your dose like that, though.

My only concern is that you may be expecting too much. You're talking about a relatively low dose. You may or may not be especially sensitive to shrooms. You may or may not have a deep emotional/spiritual experience. I'd advise you to go ahead with your plan (possibly amending the bit about staggering the dose, unless there's some good reason for that that I don't know about) but don't be disappointed if all that happens is a fun outing with friends and some sweet vibes from the music. Take the trip you're given and do your best to enjoy it.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2409133 - 03/08/04 11:36 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

My advice:

Don't try to plan out the trip too much and just go with the flow!  :smile:

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Thinking about tripping for the first time... [Re: MOTH]
    #2409230 - 03/09/04 12:00 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, the dose staggering was just to ease the come up so I don't get too nervous. Is that a silly idea? Originally I was thinking of doing the 1.7 grams and then waiting 60 minutes and then maybe taking the other .6 grams if I felt ok. That would be 2.3 grams total.

As for overplanning: I know that once I'm actually tripping it will be pointless to try to control things, so if I can just set up a good environment before hand I will feel safe to let go. The main point is just to get things started out on a positive note and then see what happens.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineMister Black
smokes pot

#2409655 - 03/09/04 02:10 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
maybe if feeling adventurous roam the nearby golf course.

Yes yes golfcourses ++.

Quote:

I want to make sure everything goes all right and I'm not scarred for life or trigger a latent psychosis.

Apparently traumatic scarring for life mostly occurs as a result of an extremely high dose. You don't have enough shroms for this.
Triggering latent psychoses through the use of psychedelics is best achieved through high dosing often over an extended period of time.

Moderation is Key.

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: So Cal
    #2410415 - 03/09/04 10:41 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

If you are that sensitive to marijuana, you may not want to smoke any while shrooming, or wait till the comedown. As far as your emotional issues re your mother, I find that sometimes shrooms help me sort these kind of issues out in my mind and view them from a less ego grasping viewpoint, although sometimes it can be uncomfortable at the time.

I hope you have a great trip. I always enjoy Phish while tripping. Sounds like you have some fun food and drink to play with too. I think you'll have a great time. You mentioned that you practice some taoist practices. I've had alot of fun shrooming and doing energy flow visualization excercises. Check out the excercises at www.theflow.org/qigong/index.asp I've had good fun with these.

one more thing. RELAX and don't worry, just let go and enjoy yourself.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Phish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience