Home | Community | Message Board

HighDesertSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMushenstein
Brain Damage
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: At The Gates
Re: Quick UPDATE 3-25 [Re: poponon]
    #24193979 - 03/26/17 10:04 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the insight and opinions. Maybe it is not contaminated. Looks like contam from my point of view, or it could be some funky type of myc. I will update/post that bag in a few days and maybe we can tell for certain.
I was going by stamets' directions in GGMM. It seems like wherever I look for information on this species they either quote, mention or cite indirectly stamets' information in GGMM. But "Enlightenments" grow was without casing, and so were the other grow logs I have looked at. So I will probably avoid it all together, or like I posted earlier, maybe one bag will get a casing.
Lemme know if you have any other recommendations for this grow. I would really like to see it succeed.:hatsoff:

--------------------
This is how I get down!

Muffler Tek
Slump's BRF Grinder Tek
My Agrocybe Aegerita Grow Log

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineForresterM
embracing the subtle
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maine, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Quick UPDATE 3-25 [Re: Mushenstein]
    #24195011 - 03/26/17 05:12 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mushenstein said:
I was going by stamets' directions in GGMM. It seems like wherever I look for information on this species they either quote, mention or cite indirectly stamets' information in GGMM.

I may get flamed for this, but it's just my opinion.  That book is severely outdated (well, that's not my opinion, that's just true, it's old as shit). 

My opinion is that Stamets is a fucking douchey greedy bastard who's only in it for the money.  Who would write a whole book on "mycoremediation", and then sue people who used the technique, claiming he had a patent on it (which I believe, he actually did...).  So why write a book teaching people how to do it?  Just so you can make money on the book, get a patent on the method/idea, and then make more money suing people who actually try to use it for good? 

That's the definition of a fucking greedy douchebag.  There's at least one long standing member on here that has been threatened by Stamet's lawyers that he would be sued if he did not cease and desist his operation (which he was not making any money doing as far as I know, it was a community project to help clean up a nasty, oil polluted area and teach others about mycoremediation.  Just to get threatened by a lawsuit from Stamets.

If he's on here (the shroomery member I will not name) and wishes to correct my bad memory in any of the details I got wrong, I hope he chimes in to correct, I'm just going off memory.  But anyway, that book is outdated and more or less useless to anyone but the novice grower.  Instead of wasting your money on that, you can learn far more newer, updated, better information for free, right here on the shroomery, without having to support a greedy, sue-happy bastard who tries to patent everything he does.

Sorry, /rant.

--------------------
Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

InvisibleMushenstein
Brain Damage

Re: Quick UPDATE 3-25 [Re: Forrester]
    #24195281 - 03/26/17 07:29 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Forrester said:
Quote:

Mushenstein said:
I was going by stamets' directions in GGMM. It seems like wherever I look for information on this species they either quote, mention or cite indirectly stamets' information in GGMM.

I may get flamed for this, but it's just my opinion.  That book is severely outdated (well, that's not my opinion, that's just true, it's old as shit). 

My opinion is that Stamets is a fucking douchey greedy bastard who's only in it for the money.  Who would write a whole book on "mycoremediation", and then sue people who used the technique, claiming he had a patent on it (which I believe, he actually did...).  So why write a book teaching people how to do it?  Just so you can make money on the book, get a patent on the method/idea, and then make more money suing people who actually try to use it for good? 

That's the definition of a fucking greedy douchebag.  There's at least one long standing member on here that has been threatened by Stamet's lawyers that he would be sued if he did not cease and desist his operation (which he was not making any money doing as far as I know, it was a community project to help clean up a nasty, oil polluted area and teach others about mycoremediation.  Just to get threatened by a lawsuit from Stamets.

If he's on here (the shroomery member I will not name) and wishes to correct my bad memory in any of the details I got wrong, I hope he chimes in to correct, I'm just going off memory.  But anyway, that book is outdated and more or less useless to anyone but the novice grower.  Instead of wasting your money on that, you can learn far more newer, updated, better information for free, right here on the shroomery, without having to support a greedy, sue-happy bastard who tries to patent everything he does.

Sorry, /rant.

You have nothing to be sorry about. I fucking love it. I had a professor once who told me, "if you have opinions your gonna have enemies!" So anyone who is willing to speak their opinion, especially on a taboo topic, i.e. the godfather of mushies being a douchbag, in a community who pseudo worships him, meaning they practice his methods and reference him weekly, if not daily, with careless disregard for potential conflict, is a brave soul who I would certainly hold in high regard. So hurrah to you bro.
As far as the opinion itself, I don't know enough about the topic, or history thereof to praise Stamet's or tell him to suck a bag of dicks. With that said, it would be nice if whoever the member is that your referring to would chime in.

--------------------
This is how I get down!

Muffler Tek
Slump's BRF Grinder Tek

InvisibleMarty Mycfly
Time Traveler
Male User Gallery

#24195398 - 03/26/17 08:04 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Forrester said:
Quote:

Mushenstein said:

Sorry, /rant.

So is this story about the oil spill suing somewhere on here? I know you don't want to name anyone, but it seems a bit far fetched, not completely unbelievable though.

--------------------
Mycfly's King Oysters                                       

Mycfly's Reishi    

OfflineForresterM
embracing the subtle
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Quick UPDATE 3-25 [Re: Marty Mycfly]
    #24195501 - 03/26/17 08:45 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Marty Mycfly said:
So is this story about the oil spill suing somewhere on here? I know you don't want to name anyone, but it seems a bit far fetched, not completely unbelievable though.

I'm not sure what oil spill suing you're referring to, but it doesn't sound like the situation I was referring to.  Anyway, I don't think he cares about what he posted, he withheld what info he didn't want to give, so just search for posts by Amanita Virosa about mycoremediation, I think it was him.  Could be wrong and it was someone else, but I'm pretty sure...

What do you mean it sounds pretty far fetched?  The dude was a trusted member here and had no reason to lie about it, nor would I.

--------------------
Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

InvisibleMarty Mycfly
Time Traveler
Male User Gallery

#24195550 - 03/26/17 09:03 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I will check that out:thumbup: Yeah I dont know why I said that, dumb:sad:

--------------------
Mycfly's King Oysters                                       

Mycfly's Reishi    

OfflineDutchMyco
Stranger
Male
Re: Quick UPDATE 3-25 [Re: Marty Mycfly]
    #24196060 - 03/27/17 01:16 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Looked for that topic and found it here:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18089333/fpart/1/vc/1
Looks like he was scared to be sued by Stamets but nothing actually happened or does it continue somewhere else?
I don't know much about US patents, but that patent only seems to be about the use of burlap bags?

I've read more negative posts about Stamets here, but can hardly find anything specific. I'm pretty sure he was the one who got me interested in mushrooms, still gets the benefit of the doubt from me.

InvisibleMushenstein
Brain Damage

Re: Quick UPDATE 3-25 [Re: DutchMyco]
    #24198384 - 03/28/17 12:08 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DutchMyco said:
I don't know much about US patents, but that patent only seems to be about the use of burlap bags?

I've read more negative posts about Stamets here, but can hardly find anything specific.

No offense Dutch, but your an idiot. It would appear that your just posting to post because you like the guy. It would also appear you did not read the thread or the patent that was cited and linked in the thread. With that said, Forrester's opinion may have been on facts not completely verified, and/or not entirely know to the posters in the thread. What happens is a complete pissing party on someone when it hasn't been entirely established there is a reason for a pissing party. It happens in online chats and threads. No way around it.
    As far as Forrester's opinion, well I don't believe in suppressing opinions. Just as long as the opinion is for a good reason, whether the opinion is negative or positive is irrelevant. So opinion all you want on my thread, just make sure its for a good reason. Forrester's opinion was for a good reason. It should have been a little more planned and fact checked, but the opinion was based on enough relevant facts that it was worth a little research on. Also, someone publicly promoting an ideology, i.e. helping the planet by developing methods to introduce fungal and mycelial related systems to break down pollutants and/or restore natural habitat, who turns around and patents such ideas and then uses litigation to punish those attempting to introduce those methods for the betterment of mankind and the planet is a good reason for an opinion.
      With that said, the thread did become a pissing party based on what appears to be a notion of the threat of law suit. The poster did not actually go on to cite the resources of where that type of law suit was initiated, therefore there is an unknown element. This often leads to the erroneous judging of the opinion. What can be directly referenced from the patent is that the ideology behind the patent, the method used in the patent, and the applicable constituents. DutchMyco, your an idiot because you didn't read the patent. To say that the Patent was only about burlap bags is to say that outer space is only about asteroids. Which is fucking stupid. Additionally, to say that there are only negative posts on the thread with nothing specific...see previous analogy. What the poster's are ranting about is pretty damn specific.
  In a sense we have to appreciate what the patent is based on. It took years of research and work to come up with the methods used as well as gathering the information to prove that the methods are practical, practicable and produces the results claimed. Additionally, it was smart of Stamets to patent such a thing. Why, because some large corporation may have developed the idea and shelved it, for any number of reasons. Kind of like cars that run on water and other inventions positive to society which have been patented and locked away, far away from the public eye. Although, he may have been a little to thorough. He claims just about every species and variety of myc, material that can be used, not just burlap bags...and method of implementation, so as to corner the market. Is that good or bad, who knows such things.
  In conclusion, its ok to have an opinion Forrester, next time fact check it a bit before you throw it out there, we still don't know if Stamets' filed those particular type of law suits and for what reason, or if he made the threat of those suits which would justify the opinion, so he could still be a hero to us all for getting the patent or he may have sold out his own ideology for $$$. We just don't know. And last, Mr. Dutchoven you post the link to the thread (containing the patent link) and then don't read it before you tell everybody what its about. Come on man, really?  :stonedjerk:

Until, and unless someone has more information lets put the issue to rest. Besides, I was gonna post an update on my AA grow tonight and now I gotta go to bed.

OfflineForresterM
embracing the subtle
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24198901 - 03/28/17 08:29 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DutchMyco said:
Looks like he was scared to be sued by Stamets but nothing actually happened or does it continue somewhere else?

All I know is that he did actually receive a letter from Stamet's lawyers.  They guy patents everything he ever finds (Stamets).
No I don't believe AV ever got sued or anything happened, because he didn't want to go through a legal battle and just stopped the operation, in other words made the lawyers happy so he wouldn't get sued.  I hope I'm not mis-representing anything that happened to him, I'm only going off an old memory but that was only one of the many things I've read about Stamets doing that made me really not like him.

--------------------

OfflineTravelAgency
The ongoing "wow"

#24199731 - 03/28/17 02:58 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------

OfflineDutchMyco
Stranger
Male
    #24199786 - 03/28/17 03:24 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

No offense Mushenstein, but you're a cunt. I don't know the guy, but I do like some of his, over-hyped, presentations. I do agree most idolized persons are hypocritical in many ways, mother Theresa being somewhere in the top of the list.
I did read the tread, in which nothing is said about receiving any from of communication from Stamets or his lawyers or someone being sued, while he said he reached out to Stamets and at the end he posts pictures about actually building what the wanted to build in the first place without further news from Stamets.
I'm not a patent lawyer, let alone about US patents, hence the question about the burlap bags, easily recognizable by the use of the questionmark at the end. I skimmed the patent, the abstract and claims section constantly comes back to the burlap bag. Skimmed the rest now, which seems to include a lot of random stuff and many natural processes which at least here are hard or impossible to patent.

InvisibleMushenstein
Brain Damage

#24200102 - 03/28/17 05:20 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Listen DutchOven, you and your 43 posts can kiss my ass. If your gonna cite shit on my thread you better have your shit straight or admit you don't know what the fuk your talking about. This is evidenced by the fact that you still, even after I called bullshit on you haven't read the whole patent. You post something on my thread you bet your ass I'm going through it with a fuk'n microscope, dickchops. So either read the patent and admit your an idiot or get the fuk off my thread.  :thebird: 

As for everyone else, please be patient and ignore any before mentioned profanity. As soon as the discussions over we will be returning to my exciting Black Poplar updates. I appreciate all the viewers interested in my grow, just bear with us a bit longer. Sorry for the inconvenience.

--------------------
This is how I get down!

Muffler Tek
Slump's BRF Grinder Tek

OfflineDutchMyco
Stranger
Male
    #24200371 - 03/28/17 07:20 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Good job trying to make it into a postcount peniscontest.
My post was in reaction to Forrester and Marty, also interested myself I looked for the topic and found it contradicted the story here.
First read my post again, then stop being a cunt.

InvisibleMushenstein
Brain Damage

#24200795 - 03/28/17 09:53 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Forrester said:
All I know is that he did actually receive a letter from Stamet's lawyers.  They guy patents everything he ever finds (Stamets).
No I don't believe AV ever got sued or anything happened, because he didn't want to go through a legal battle and just stopped the operation, in other words made the lawyers happy so he wouldn't get sued.  I hope I'm not mis-representing anything that happened to him, I'm only going off an old memory but that was only one of the many things I've read about Stamets doing that made me really not like him.

Well Forrester, I would have to say if your right, and I have no reason to doubt you, and he actually did send a "cease and desist" letter it definitely adds justification to your opinion. The only thing I could not put together, and I may have misinterpreted it incorrectly, but I didn't see any monetary benefit for the proposal, except maybe, and a very weak maybe, profits on a bid out of the named participants, "The installation will be managed by Madison County Soil and Water Conservation, Hydrocycle Engineering and Asheville Fungi, Inc, and performed by volunteers and interns from throughout the region." But even that theory is a stretch.
I just can't find any reason for Stamets to send a cease and desist.

The project clearly states its "low budget", which must be a grant or local government tax subsidy, or apportionment from a municipal corp. It also states it was going to be ran by local volunteers and interns. The only people who would have benefitted from it would be the community as a whole and "Stamets". They cited his name in the proposal. It would have promoted his work and may have led to more monetary gain down the road, from privately owned land which would benefit from such engineering, like land owned by coal companies, utilities, private parks and on and on. It just baffles me that he would stop a project of that nature.
  Unless you right and he did sell out to the dollar, or he was afraid it would not work.... :facepalm3:

--------------------
This is how I get down!

Muffler Tek
Slump's BRF Grinder Tek

OfflineForresterM
embracing the subtle
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24206650 - 03/30/17 11:03 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mushenstein said:
But even that theory is a stretch.
I just can't find any reason for Stamets to send a cease and desist.

The project clearly states its "low budget", which must be a grant or local government tax subsidy, or apportionment from a municipal corp. It also states it was going to be ran by local volunteers and interns. The only people who would have benefitted from it would be the community as a whole and "Stamets". They cited his name in the proposal. It would have promoted his work and may have led to more monetary gain down the road, from privately owned land which would benefit from such engineering, like land owned by coal companies, utilities, private parks and on and on. It just baffles me that he would stop a project of that nature.
  Unless you right and he did sell out to the dollar, or he was afraid it would not work.... :facepalm3:

This is exactly why I hate him.  I can't think of a reason he'd send a cease and desist either - but he does, and he did.  Does it all the time, even if he has nothing to gain from it.  Just shows where his priorities lie.  He writes a book about mycoremediation, then threatens people who dare to use his techniques.  I guess it's what happens to people, with money comes greed. :shrug: 

Anyway, back to the thread at hand...

--------------------

InvisibleMushenstein
Brain Damage

Re: Quick AA UPDATE 3-30 [Re: Mushenstein]
    #24206689 - 03/30/17 11:22 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Your 100% right. It seems people lose their sense of being once money hits the picture. But they swear there not changed. But of course they drive a Ferrari, right! LOL.

Its was a good conversation.
                                          :awedance:
Alright, back to the Black Poplar updates.
Blocks are still sitting in my greenhouse waiting to fruit.

These were the first three of the grow. They have almost colonized completely, except the behemoth. He might take a few more days.

These are the second three of the grow. They are nice and white. Another week. They need to turn a little brown, I think?

These last two are on their second week. They have coffee in them. Looks like the myc is flying through them! YeHaa

Now, I did some self reflecting and decided my bags look smaller then other peoples bags. So I decided to make a huge one. Same Process.
Got the ingredients together.

Put it in a bowl.

Bring to field capacity. Which is tricky with wood shavings.

Load up this enormous bag.

Drop it in my new AA 921

Put a filter on it. Dropped it in and put a plate over it.

Here is the spawn. Rye grain. This jar has been sitting a while. All kinds of metabolites in it. Not bad ones. Its not contaminated. Its just really consolidated.

And its ready to get spawned.

A sort of catastrophe occurred after filling them.

It went in perfect.

I had to mix the spawn up. I sealed it in my vacuum sealer and the top opened up and let all kinds of air in.

This thing is filled with contaminated air. Unfortunately I put coffee in it. If this doesn't Trich out, I don't believe wood will. At least not with black poplar myc. I guess we'll see.:tongue:

--------------------
This is how I get down!

Muffler Tek
Slump's BRF Grinder Tek

InvisibleMushenstein
Brain Damage

Re: Catastrophic Disaster 4-06 [Re: Mushenstein]
    #24224080 - 04/06/17 11:54 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, this is kind of an update and kind of a notice of recent disaster.  I have not posted anything for about a week because I sunk the greenhouse, and the rest of the house literally. Its nobody's fault but my own stupidity. I have been trying to engineer a way around it while my mushie's are as dry as the sierra. We will start with the fruiting:

These were the bags in the greenhouse.

I took the three I thought looked the most eager to fruit and started on them with the scissors. Remember, these were all grown in "Reynolds Oven Bags", not filter patch bags.

Snip Snip, Chop Chop

cut, trim,

now for the goliath, better get the heavy duty scissors,

Everything I create is monstrous, hence my name!

I stuck this humidifier in the greenhouse for humidity.... that sounded kind of stupid. I guess I didn't put it in there to keep them company.

I fired this puppy up thinking I had really considered the variables.

Then the next morning it looked like a sauna! You can't even see the mushies. And I was standing right in front of it. I put a thermometer in it and saw it was the temperature of a sauna as well, :eek: go figure.
These issues were easily dealt with, I just unzipped it half way and wala, it cleared right up. The biggest problem, as I'm sure you already noticed, is that there is no where for the water to go. It re-condenses on the plastic as it cools, runs down the sides of the greenhouse and onto the floor. This 2 and 1/2 gallon reservoir humidifier re-condensed 2 and 1/2 gallons of water on to my floor. Luckily I didn't shock the hell out of myself. :jellyfish: as the cord was on the floor next to the humidifier! 

I will be fixing this tomorrow, and will update with the fix in place, don't give up on me yet.  :rabble:

--------------------
This is how I get down!

Muffler Tek
Slump's BRF Grinder Tek

OfflineTravelAgency
The ongoing "wow"

Re: Catastrophic Disaster 4-06 [Re: Mushenstein]
    #24225633 - 04/07/17 04:01 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

That happen s to me sometimes when I run my ultrasonic inside. I do have a ghetto condensation chamber on it to try to mitigate it as much as possible but it still runs out a bit. Don't worry mate you'll get it figured out!

--------------------

InvisibleMushenstein
Brain Damage

Re: Catastrophic Disaster no. 2 [Re: TravelAgency]
    #24238652 - 04/12/17 10:23 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Well, I have been trying to engineer out the mess with the green house and flooding my kitchen on a nightly basis. In the mean time I figured I would throw another bag together using leftovers from the kitchen cabnit and leftover agar plates. The ingredients:

Enough for any wood loving myc to feast on, right?

Mixed it up and in the bag it goes. I was really proud of how creative I thought I was.

Put it in the pressure cooker and I decided to throw all of my old and extra Black Poplar agar plates into a bag in my glove box so I could inoculate the bag with one fail swoop.

Everything was working out fine until I pulled my filter patch bag out of my All American. Remember, this All American is brand new, I only ran a dry run and one bag through it so far. So this was the third use.

I don't know what the hell happened. It was dry as a bone when I opened it and everything was melted and stuck to the PC.

I am glad I used the tray. Although I ruined it, I'd rather not have caked the contents of that bag all over my All American. I still trashed my PC in the process.
Oh yeah, the kitchen is still flooding, but I am always coming up with new and inventive ways to redirect the water to different areas. I still have yet to grow a Black Poplar Mushroom, except for the pins in my old agar, if that counts. :whiteflag:

--------------------
This is how I get down!

Muffler Tek
Slump's BRF Grinder Tek

Offlinepoponon
Quaaaack!!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Catastrophic Disaster no. 2 [Re: Mushenstein]
    #24238668 - 04/12/17 10:31 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

damn that myc is eatin good :smile: star wars cereal , lmao :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
:smile: Y e e t!! :smile:

My Trade List

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale