Home | Community | Message Board

HighDesertSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMushenstein
Brain Damage
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: At The Gates
Re: Agrocybe Aegerita or Cob Web [Re: filyep]
    #24136112 - 03/04/17 02:36 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

You sterilize them in a PC. You can't find the tek because I have not posted it yet. "Muffler" Tek works with Shiitake, but I do not know about AA. So this is kind of an experiment.

I will draft it now. Give me 1/2 hour and it will be posted.

--------------------
This is how I get down!

Muffler Tek
Slump's BRF Grinder Tek
My Agrocybe Aegerita Grow Log

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleMushenstein
Brain Damage

Re: Agrocybe Aegerita or Cob Web [Re: filyep]
    #24136474 - 03/04/17 05:12 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

There ya go. I posted the tek at this link. I hope you try it. If so let me know how it goes.

"Muffler Tek",
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24136461

--------------------
This is how I get down!

Muffler Tek
Slump's BRF Grinder Tek

InvisibleMushenstein
Brain Damage

Re: Agrocybe Aegerita or Cob Web [Re: Mushenstein]
    #24149569 - 03/09/17 08:40 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Just an update on my Black Poplar grow. Filter bags came in so I am prepping them for spawn.

Jars look good.

2 are corn that I inoc'd with an LC, and 2 are grain that I put an agar wedge in.

Corn was inoculated 2 weeks after the Rye Grain and it passed the Rye grain right quick.

Rye Grain with agar are just finishing up. In all fairness I didn't shake them. That would have sped things up.

Put some oak shavings in a bowl.

Like so.

Added some maple saw dust. Gypsum and water was added.

Mixed it up.

Bagged it.

According fold on the bag.

Pressure cooked for 2 hours. The plate holds things down nice.

Put it on the shelf to cool.

Same with the 2nd batch but I added Bran.

and a table spoon of spent coffee grounds to mix things up.

If you look close you can see the coffee peppered all through the substrate.

Second bag ready to go.

I try to remember this Tupperware in the bottom of the pc to prevent burning of the bags.

2nd bag ready to go. I will up date as soon as they cool down and are ready to get some spawn.

:stirthepot:

--------------------
This is how I get down!

Muffler Tek
Slump's BRF Grinder Tek

OfflineForresterM
embracing the subtle
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maine, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #24149813 - 03/09/17 10:24 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Nice work dude!  Simple plates are an often overlooked, but quite valuable tool in mushroom growing :laugh:  I use 'em in the pressure cooker, as well as on top of substrates in 5 gallon buckets.  Holds everything down keeping it all nice and compact (and preventing top fruiting when used in buckets!)

--------------------
Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

InvisibleMushenstein
Brain Damage

Re: Agrocybe Aegerita or Cob Web [Re: Forrester]
    #24149918 - 03/09/17 11:09 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks. Preciate the words. You gonna have to link me to that bucket idea. I have some torks growing in LC right now that could use a tek like that.

--------------------
This is how I get down!

Muffler Tek
Slump's BRF Grinder Tek

OfflineForresterM
embracing the subtle
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24149953 - 03/09/17 11:30 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Shit, a tek?  Guess I never bothered!

Not much to it, I just had to scale down the amount of water:pellet ratio that I did in my bags (I grew on pretty much only wood pellets).

So here's a lazy tek, haha...

Pellets vary in moisture content so your results may vary depending on what brand you buy, but try and try again.

Anyway my bag recipe was always 5.5 cups water to 6 cups pellets IIRC.  To fill a bucket, what was it... oh wait, I think I have a pic here...

The unit of measurement is cups, that one says 24 cups pellets to 22 cups water, but I believe I ended up using less water later on.  One way you can protect from over watering is to drill a hole in the bottom of the bucket to allow excess water to drain out as it colonizes.

Anyway, all else there is to it is your regular ol' "bucket-tek" - pour boiling water over dry pellets right in a bucket with no holes.  In the morning, when it's cooled down, transfer to your bucket that you've drilled 3/8" - 1/2" holes in (you can see the spacing in the pic).  But first, line the holed bucket with a clear kitchen trash bag.  This will keep the substrate from falling out while it colonizes.  Right after mixing in all the spawn with the pellets, cut x's where all the holes are in the bucket.  And make sure to cut a nice hole in the bag where you've drilled the hole in the bottom of the bucket, again so excess water can drain out.  Now - wait.  That's it.  If you've got a fruiting chamber the bucket will fit in, great.  If not, I've fruited them right on the kitchen counter or outdoors, long as you got any humidity at all.  And you can mist the fuck out of them all you want, it only helps.  This is for all oysters mostly, but it works well for others, I've done it with turkey tails...

Pretty cool, and easy.  Should work for reishi, and who knows what else?

--------------------
Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

OfflineTravelAgency
The ongoing "wow"

#24150231 - 03/10/17 01:48 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Nice TurkeyTail bucket Forrester! I've actually never seen one before!

Have you had any heat death issues with the buckets? I keep reading about all the heat related issues with buckets yet keep seeing pictorial evidence of successes. Do you know what kind of BE you were getting with those vs bags?

--------------------

InvisibleMushenstein
Brain Damage

#24150727 - 03/10/17 10:01 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

That's looks great. Imma definitely have to try it. I don't think it would work for torks or black poplar though. Its more conducive to a shelf or cluster mushroom.

--------------------
This is how I get down!

Muffler Tek
Slump's BRF Grinder Tek

Offlinepoponon
Quaaaack!!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #24151570 - 03/10/17 04:18 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

just wanted to post in this thread to say I also have some cobweb looking piopinno going - though it was inoculated among a whole bunch of other strains as is the only one to look this way. This thread makes me less fearful for this batch :smile:

--------------------
:smile: Y e e t!! :smile:

My Trade List

OfflineForresterM
embracing the subtle
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24151658 - 03/10/17 04:54 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TravelAgency said:
Nice TurkeyTail bucket Forrester! I've actually never seen one before!

Have you had any heat death issues with the buckets? I keep reading about all the heat related issues with buckets yet keep seeing pictorial evidence of successes. Do you know what kind of BE you were getting with those vs bags?

No heat issues, since you've got all those holes drilled and plenty of ventilation occurs thru them (since you cut holes in the lining bag as well - AT SPAWNING, NOT after colonization).  Maybe if you let them colonize outdoors in extreme heat you would see problems, but I never has issues!  Lots of airflow thru all those holes.

As far as BE, I was always just a hobbyist trying to see what new, fun things I could do, so I never worried about BE, and never bothered trying to calculate it, sorry no help there!  I do know they continue to produce lots of flushes, especially if you bury the substrate after you get the first 2 flushes, you'll get mushrooms out of the ground for several years.  Well chopped straw packed in there nice and tight instead of pellets I think would produce huge flushes, faster, and I imagine get pretty good BE.  Once the substrate shrinks too much to fruit out the holes, you can just pull the whole thing out by the liner bag and let it fruit straight out of the bag and re-use the bucket for a new grow.

Quote:

Mushenstein said:
That's looks great. Imma definitely have to try it. I don't think it would work for torks or black poplar though. Its more conducive to a shelf or cluster mushroom.

I would have to agree - don't think it would work for either of those.  Oysters and shelf types are best.  Lion's mane though?  I think might be a really good one to try.  It does a great job fruiting out of holes.  Next on my list, if I ever get back into mushroom growing.

Sorry if I've de-railed this thread, I'll stop and anyone can feel free to PM me with any off-topic questions :smile:  Check out my gallery if you're bored, there's some cool stuff in there back when I was experimenting.

--------------------

Edited by Forrester (03/10/17 06:22 PM)

InvisibleMushenstein
Brain Damage

#24151843 - 03/10/17 06:16 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Ahhh fuck it, its my thread, I'll get the viewers back on track with an update tonight. Yeah, I think a "bears head tooth" grow out of one of these bucket's is my near future, real near future. I gotta get a clean slant going so I can jump on the vvvv gets a (edible culture) thread.

--------------------
This is how I get down!

Muffler Tek
Slump's BRF Grinder Tek

InvisibleMushenstein
Brain Damage

Re: UPDATE of my grow log Agrocybe Aegerita or Cob Web [Re: Mushenstein]
    #24154795 - 03/11/17 08:34 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Hi All, just wanted to let you guys know I appreciate you checking out my grow log. I need to put a bit of a disclaimer out there. Although I have been doing this off and on for a while now, I still fail as much as I succeed, maybe even a little more. I experiment, change things up and am always trying new things. So If you follow this grow log please don't be disappointed if some of my end product is "Forrest Green", "Cob Web surprise", appears  "HIV Positive" or is disgusting beyond anything you've never seen before. That's just how I roll. :stirthepot:

With that said, I continued to prep another myco bag for my Black Poplar spawn. The "Crack Corn" I inoculated with LC turned out great. I was really pleased it all seemed contam free. The one below is as white as the driven Snow.

Finished up a third bag in the PC. I really switched it up, threw some egg shells in, gypsum, bran, oak, maple...

I put all 3 bags in my glove box, but it was way too cramped in there. I still was able to to take the lid off of the Spawn and filled all three bags with a third of the jar.

All three had equal amounts as best as I could guestimate.

I didn't mix the spawn in until I sealed the bags, then mixed pretty well. The one in the middle sucked a lot of air in at some point. Not sure if that one is gonna make it through the week, no less until the end of the grow.

I know what your saying, "He didn't, did he?"

Oh yes I did! Prepped another oven bag for the Muffler Tek! Why you ask. Because the first 2 I did I used bran, and I didn't think I gave them a fair chance, seeing as is it is not a sterile path to take. Therefore I just put wood and gypsum in it this time. It was a massive bag of wood.

It was so big I had to spawn it in open air. The Crack Corn is not a very shakable grain. Therefore I had to use a screw driver that I PC"d in tin foil and wiped with bleach.

Spawn was very fluffy on top.

Broke it up with the screw driver.

Looked very contam free as I went through it. Set the lid on without screwing it down.

Prepped and PC'd the muffler and cut the foil for insertion.

I doubled the oven bag before I PC'd it, because I didn't have anything big enough to put the bag in to prevent burning or melting while in the PC.

I took the outer bag off. Seems like it is impossible not to have an exchange of moisture while being PC'd. Nothing new.

Got the bag ready.

Inserted the spawn jar carefully.

Shake like hell.

Slide the jar back out.

The end of my muffler got wet. Never saw that before. I guess I should have put it in a bag of sorts. Will know for next time...If there is a next time.

Rubber Band it, at least 3 times.

Muffler intact, a little soggy, but still usable. It was only the one end and it was a long tube filled all the way through with polyfil. I just stuck the wet end out. No harm no foul.

Time to mix up the spawn

All done. Well, that makes 3 filter patch bags done, and 3 Oven Bags with mufflers. So I have six colonizing. Well, I hope they colonize. No guarantees in this game. I have some Filter bags with injection ports. I think the odds will be more in my favor if I use those with the LC. Give me a day or two. I will get some going.

:fishing:

--------------------
This is how I get down!

Muffler Tek
Slump's BRF Grinder Tek

InvisibleMushenstein
Brain Damage

#24171002 - 03/17/17 10:54 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I wanted to update and ask a bit of help from anyone who has either grow the Black Poplar or has run into the problems that I have currently ran into. First the update on the "Muffler Tek" blocks that I grew in the oven bags:

The first is the block that I put in the cooler. It appears to be doing fine. About 100% colonized with about a quarter inch of wood on top that seems a bit dry. I put it in upside down last night and it seems to be finishing up well.

Although it seems like the myc is starting to colonize that last 1/4 inch of wood that looks dry, I have contemplated opening the bag and spraying it with sterilized water. Any thoughts on this???

The next bag is the oven bag I stuck in the pot. Now this one I personally messed up on. I put this under my bed to colonize. I forgot that their is a heat vent under my bed which cooked the wood sticking out of the pot.

I turned the block around to show all sides. Some were sticking out higher then the others.
See the myc seeping out. I didn't cover this bag well in the PC so it probably got a burn from the PC wall.

Some sides were not colonized very well at all. I would like to open this bag and spray water on these wood shavings. Hopefully that would entice the myc to finish colonizing the block. I don't want to contaminate it, but because its only wood???

This side in particular. Its too dry. Either I scrap it or I try to get it wet. I could use some opinions.

Also, this is the first time I have made black poplar blocks, I really have no idea when the block is suppose to be done. Should I wait for knots, or browning or what? If any one knows when the best time to fruit these is Please jump in. :irishtoast: Happy St. Patty's day!

--------------------
This is how I get down!

Muffler Tek
Slump's BRF Grinder Tek

InvisibleMushenstein
Brain Damage

#24171851 - 03/18/17 11:18 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

These are the bags I spawned last week with the crack corn jars of Black Poplar. Looks like they will be ready in another week or two.

--------------------
This is how I get down!

Muffler Tek
Slump's BRF Grinder Tek

InvisibleMushenstein
Brain Damage

#24174452 - 03/19/17 12:43 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I went ahead and rinsed out a spray bottle, put some H2O2 in it and swooshed it around a bit, dumped out the peroxide and filled with distilled water. Then I sprayed the tops and parts of each block that were dried out. Now they are rehydrated. I put them in my portable green house, for the lulz. No real reason, but for it came in the mail, I put it together and it was there. Not fruiting yet so I guess it didn't matter.

I guess we will see if this was a good idea or not. I am doubting it will contam, but I have been wrong in the past, sometimes on a pretty consistent basis, and I will be wrong in the future. I am just having fun. So it doesn't matter.

--------------------
This is how I get down!

Muffler Tek
Slump's BRF Grinder Tek

OfflineTravelAgency
The ongoing "wow"

#24175060 - 03/19/17 04:24 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I've actually seen a lot of success with that species by doing monotubs like people use for cubes but have no first hand experience with it.

I recommend checking out my GreenHouse Build to see how I dialed in my GreenHouse. With Pioppino trays in that GH should work really well- you could even wait till those colonize and use it as spawn for a bunch of trays if you can pick up some fans and a fogger in time.

--------------------

InvisibleMushenstein
Brain Damage

Re: UPDATE of my grow log Agrocybe Aegerita or Cob Web [Re: TravelAgency]
    #24175147 - 03/19/17 04:59 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Do you mean growing in the monotub substrate, or using a mono as a fruiting chamber?

--------------------
This is how I get down!

Muffler Tek
Slump's BRF Grinder Tek

InvisibleMushenstein
Brain Damage

#24175189 - 03/19/17 05:13 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Hey TA, what's up. Haven't seen you in a while in my AA grow thread, but I was hoping to get your advise. I set up a portable greenhouse.

I have two questions, because I believe you know the answers from your threads. Do I need to cover the bottom, like put plastic on the floor to seal the bottom, or is it good that it is open for FAE?

Second question, do I need to put a fogger in this or anything else? Can I just spray it to keep things humid or is a fogger necessary, or is any other equipment necessary?

Thanks. Mushy

--------------------
This is how I get down!

Muffler Tek
Slump's BRF Grinder Tek

InvisibleMushenstein
Brain Damage

#24175192 - 03/19/17 05:13 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

What species are you growing?

Yes you will need a fogger or humidifier of some sort.

You will need a much higher FAE, especially if growing oysters. I have a fan ducting in and one ducting outside.

It looks like you are on a type of tile so a bottom catch isn't necessary (more for keeping carp t clean). However is you end up having humidity problems you may want to to try to seal it to keep dry air from being sucked in (after you have fans for FAE).

Keep up the good work mate!

--------------------
This is how I get down!

Muffler Tek
Slump's BRF Grinder Tek

OfflineTravelAgency
The ongoing "wow"

#24175267 - 03/19/17 05:34 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

If you wait for your blocks to colonize you could crumble them and spawn them into monos- but if you have the ability to upgrade your GH I'd say go that route and crumble them into trays.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom