Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
OfflineStarstepper
AI Brobot
Male User Gallery

Loc: The blip on the radar Flag
Re: Daily fasting for better health [Re: Masked] * 1
    #24108025 - 02/21/17 11:38 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Masked said:
Yeah. I mean, I get it.  But a lot of the science points to 1.5g per lbs of body weight, on the high side.

My own personal ideas are that a 225lbs man, at say 15% body fat...doesn't need more than 225 grams of protein a day.  Similarly, a 175lbs man at 15% body fat, doesn't need more than 175g a day.  His lean body mass is probably closer to 155lbs.  So in my opinion, 155 to 175g of protein a day is more than sufficient.  This is what I shoot for

But having excess protein in the diet is better than a lack of.  In most cases it definitely doesn't hurt.  Just gets expensive like you say

According to his eating he had over 320g of protein.  I feel much of that is a waste but it doesn't hurt

Haha I didn't tally up how many grams he ate. 320g is definitely a lot. I'm 210lbs right now and I shoot for 210g a day but only average 175g. Being able to eat 320g is doable in college but not once when you join the workforce. Juice ain't worth the squeeze at that point.

I understand Webster packing it in to get some gains. His body type needs everything it can get for some gains.

--------------------
:darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMasked
The Nutter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Daily fasting for better health [Re: Starstepper] * 1
    #24108062 - 02/21/17 11:49 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Totally. We are on the same page :cheers:

Now, you bring up a good aspect.  I can target 155 to 175 grams a day fairly easily based off a 3000-3300 calories a day.

For a guy trying to eat 4000 or 5000....well that changes the macros entirely.  Protein consumption may very well be up past 300.

I've actually started eating a bit more.  It's something I'm fine tuning.  Last 8 months I've been targeting between 2300-2700....and the gains slowed.  My body is really happy arounf 3200 when I'm training lots.  So this past couple weeks I've been eating more.  And it feels great haha

--------------------

Offlinekenomo
Stranger

Re: Daily fasting for better health [Re: trees]
    #24108075 - 02/21/17 11:53 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I'm about to try my first fast tomorrow! My friend does it as a part of Hinduism (he's a form of sahu) and he recommended it to me. As part of my research I found that Tim Ferris, who helped fund the Johns Hopkins studies, recently began writing about fasting. His article here sites a study where primates given 60-70% of their normal caloric intake actually postponed death by 20-30%

--------------------
entheogena

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Daily fasting for better health [Re: Masked]
    #24108334 - 02/21/17 01:38 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Well I don't think animal fat in general is bad. Red meat in particular is bad because of its composition. I was reading recently that red meat has some sort of molecule that has to do with blood flow and could be why red meat raises blood pressure and cholesterol, as well as the saturated fat content.

But for the life of me I can't remember wtf it was.
I was trying to look up something else at the time so I was like :thatsinteresting: and tabbed over and never looked at it again.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Invisibletrees
 User Gallery

Re: Daily fasting for better health [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24108368 - 02/21/17 01:50 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

i think its the heme molecule thats in hemoglobin or someting

--------------------
Trees is dead, this is his mum posting

InvisibleMasked
The Nutter
Male User Gallery

#24108610 - 02/21/17 03:24 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I disagree.  There are many links and conclusions that summarize a lot of what I think, in this link:

https://chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/

And more

https://authoritynutrition.com/8-ridiculous-myths-about-meat-and-health/

https://chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/entertainment_life/health_fitness/article_4987ca54-6b24-5209-adde-bd93570a403b.html

“If you look at people who eat unprocessed red meat, there is a relatively weak association with heart disease,”

http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/new-study-links-l-carnitine-in-red-meat-to-heart-disease-201304176083

(This link talks about your tmao and l carnatine)

I just don't buy into all the baloney.  Red meat has been in our diet for a long time and back to what we talked about earlier, im all about assessing the risks vs benefits.  The benefits of red meat FAR outweigh the risks.

Just my opinion at the end of the day tho

--------------------

Edited by Masked (02/21/17 04:35 PM)

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Daily fasting for better health [Re: Masked]
    #24108719 - 02/21/17 04:11 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

For sure.
But to touch on other vaguely related topics this is why I wouldn't want to be a parent at this day n age. Like all the things people used to do for and with their kids... The good and the bad they just didn't know better. And giving the insane amount of information we have at our finger tips one would think we should.

The problem is there is an article written on just about any viewpoint. And more likely than not a doctor and/or scientist that's willing to back it up.

It makes finding the truth daunting.

Which is why for me personally I just do what I feel makes my body happy for most of it. Red meat made me feel bad before I had my gallbladder removed but it's quite possible that's because my gallbladder was already not functioning correctly.

I made a follow-up post I apparently didn't submit about how I think the QUALITY of the meat is more important than the type of meat. Like you can eat a sick obese animal that didn't develop properly or you can eat a healthy muscular animal in the prime of its life. One is likely to taste better. And one is likely to have more nutrients and to make you feel better. I grew up on TV dinner meatloaf. Not only did it have less actual meat but it very likely came from a fatty sickly animal. I noticed a HUGE difference when I ate real meatloaf that someone made from ground chuck.

But trying to figure out all this shit, and then figuring out which food labels and companies I can actually trust? well for me it's not so bad but for my kid... I think it would be one of my constant concerns. I don't think any of these things are strictly evil... But I don't believe they are ideal either. For myself I do cough up a little extra $$ to make sure I'm getting chicken in my chicken nuggets and that my cutlet wasn't pumped full of hormones and antibiotics while it sat in a cage for 6 months. Not just cuz I care about the animal but because I care about me and I do believe the little old saying "you are what you eat."

So with that in mind I don't think red meat is totally bad. But I do think it should be eaten less than the leaner meats. Human beings are red meat. But most of us come from lineages that lived primarily on fish and poultry.
Evolutionary eating is an interesting theory tho. Some people come from lineages that were almost completely vegetarian. And some came from hunter heavy lines that live predominantly on deer, moose, fox, and quail. Or, more recently, swine and cattle. :strokebeard3:

Disorders that are related to diet also pass down genetically too. So it's hard to say. But the overall point is one that Shroomism has said many times and I wholeheartedly agree. Different people have different body chemistry and therefore different dietary needs.

I personally come from generations of small farmers and native Americans. Could maybe be why my body seems happier on a vegetable/fruit/nut heavy diet. Could, on that same theory, explain why gallbladder disease runs in the family. Our bodies weren't designed for the modern western diet (no ones is really) with all the salt and sugar and red meat. And modified grain at that. Wheat doesn't grow real well round here. :ohwell:

Trees I think it was the hemoglobin but it was some very specific part of it. I'll look it up later.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

InvisibleMasked
The Nutter
Male User Gallery

#24108791 - 02/21/17 04:37 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Good post and for the most part I agree

"Shroomism has said many times and I wholeheartedly agree. Different people have different body chemistry and therefore different dietary needs."

I've also used this same sentiment in more than one instance and couldn't agree more.

Sound post :cheers:

I come from a Norwegian lineage.  Not sure how much that plays into my chemistry.  But I love meat lol

--------------------

OfflineStarstepper
AI Brobot
Male User Gallery

Loc: The blip on the radar Flag
Re: Daily fasting for better health [Re: Masked] * 1
    #24110808 - 02/22/17 11:50 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Masked said:
Good post and for the most part I agree

"Shroomism has said many times and I wholeheartedly agree. Different people have different body chemistry and therefore different dietary needs."

I've also used this same sentiment in more than one instance and couldn't agree more.

Sound post :cheers:

I come from a Norwegian lineage.  Not sure how much that plays into my chemistry.  But I love meat lol

Rings true with me. I agree each individual has to find the diet that suits their genetics/lineage or whatever the underlying factor is. I come from Nordic & Maritime German lineage.

The only thing I eat from 8pm to 11am is a protein shake after I work out around 8am and then coffee. Always been that way. I guess I've been kind of fasting this whole time. haha

--------------------
:darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag