Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
The Attacks Against the Shroomery..
    #2406704 - 03/08/04 11:08 AM (20 years, 15 days ago)

:shake: ... have been childish and need to stop.  By the same token, any retaliation -- even legally grounded retaliation --  is equally childish and should be halted before allowed to begin.  To end this ridiculous and unnecessary conflict we need only to stop our engagement in it.  If that means conceding the "victory" to the aggressors against the Shroomery, then that should be acceptable.  The satisfaction from packeting a website will be quickly exhausted.  In the same way, the satisfaction from successful retaliation is equally transistory, and not worth the degree of tension which will be required to expound a deluded image of justice.

All we must do to free ourselves from the tangles of this conflict is simply understand it's unnecessary nature.  If we can become detached from the rapdily ensuing cycles of childish pride and vengence that have arisen since the attack, we will find that the appearance of hardhip in this circumstance evaporates.

Even a glass of iced tea appreciated while reading a good book or enjoying a TV program is a million times more precious than anything reaped from a clash between website administrators.  In the few days the Shroomery was inaccessible to me, I've been able to delight in far greater enjoyment from warm Spring afternoons with my dog.  Do things like this.  Let this dispute disappear.  :sun:

Engaging in this dispute only entrenches the problem, and causes us to experience unhappy tension.  Disengaging from this dispute causes it to dissolve into nothingness, and allows us to experience happy relaxation. 

Patriotism, whether it be lended to a nation or to an online community, only and creates the potential for suffering and conflict.  We should not spend our time perpetuating anger and hatred.  We of all people should be beyond this type of behaviour.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: The Attacks Against the Shroomery.. [Re: Ped]
    #2406714 - 03/08/04 11:23 AM (20 years, 15 days ago)

Damn straight

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
Re: The Attacks Against the Shroomery.. [Re: Dankman]
    #2406738 - 03/08/04 11:38 AM (20 years, 15 days ago)

To be honest with you, I dont know what you mean by attacks to the shroomery. I know the shroomery was down over the weekend for me at least, is that what you mean? Well, as far as patriotism to an online community..
I honestly believe the shroomery, the information on the shroomery, and the people on these messageboards have made me the person I am today  :sun: I am very proud of that, and always tell my friends to check out the shroomery, and if the shroomery sold hoodies and shirts and stuff to raise money, I'd throw in, and represent my shroomery gear to local events, and hand out little business cards or flyers for the shroomery, cause I love this place. So much info, you let just anyone put up a trip report though.  :lol: :tongue:

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

OfflinebioTek
5-HTP lover

#2406739 - 03/08/04 11:38 AM (20 years, 15 days ago)

Hey I'm just happy that the site is back up. But if bad comes to worse there's always other sites (even though this one's the best). :yesnod:

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #2406751 - 03/08/04 11:42 AM (20 years, 15 days ago)

I agree with most of what you've said.  Hell, the weather out
here on the central californian coast these past few days has
been bustin' up to 80? and the skies couldn't be clearer :sun:

Though I enjoyed the time off and ability to just let my thoughts fly adrift upon the winds on the ocean, I still feel responsible for the well being of the Shroomery and as such, obligated to defend its right to exist.  The perps in this scheme to attack the Shroomery seem to be quite dedicated as we've been fairly heavily attacked since December and as of late these attacks have escalated to a much greater scale.  Personally, I could give a fuck about retaliatory action, but if something physical must be done to end this madness then that is the route we will be forced to take.  Let us hope it doesn't come to that.

"Disengaging from this dispute causes it to dissolve into nothingness, and allows us to experience happy relaxation."

That is very true, but I cannot let "disengaging from this dispute cause [the Shroomery] to dissolve into nothingness" :spliff:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
Re: The Attacks Against the Shroomery.. [Re: geokills]
    #2406777 - 03/08/04 11:46 AM (20 years, 15 days ago)

Well all I'm saying is, if its about money to upgrade, we as a community, should pull together. I can't be a sponsor or anything, but I would do anything I could to help  :heartpump:

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Attacks Against the Shroomery.. [Re: iloveraving]
    #2407002 - 03/08/04 12:33 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

iloveraving said:
Well all I'm saying is, if its about money to upgrade, we as a community, should pull together. I can't be a sponsor or anything, but I would do anything I could to help  :heartpump:

:nonono:

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #2407044 - 03/08/04 12:42 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

Your case, geokills, is slightly different because you've made the decision to shoulder part of the responsibility of maintaining and protecting the integrity of this online community.  While you cannot simply dissociate yourself from the problem, you certainly can dissociate yourself from the childish hostility behind the problem.  This seems to be a step you've already taken, and for that you are an excellent administrator, in my opinion. :smile: :thumbup:

So for those in posistions similar to yours, it's proper to do what is necessary to maintain the integrity of this community without allowing the appearance of this conflict to disturb your happiness, or to bleed over into the rest of your day.  This is the advice I'd offer -- rather, insist upon -- for our fellow administrators and those in posistions directly associated with the maintenence of the community.

Before expensive firewalls and rock-solid security are put infront of this problem, we should assert a proper attitude.  It is our attitude which pervades each of our actions.  A positive attitude brought toward the protection and elongation of the Shroomery's place in the online world will ensure a positive and stable future for our community.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #2407183 - 03/08/04 01:07 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

I'm with you Geo !
It is almost like letting a thief into my home and allowing him all he wants .
No... we should not let it consume our very being , it should not make us act "childish" , but to pretend it will go away if we ignore it is foolish,and shows a level of child like innocence that could be detrimental to the existance of a freedom we all take for granted . Vengefull retaliation is wrong none the less , but to protect what one values .....is only human !
I

LONG LIVE THE SHROOMERY !
Trip n D
MAY THE MUSHROOM GODDESS ALWAYS WATCH OVER AND PROTECT THE SHROOMERY !

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2407286 - 03/08/04 01:29 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

What's this about?

Was the Shroomery's down time due to attacks from hackers or something???

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: The Attacks Against the Shroomery.. [Re: Learyfan]
    #2407542 - 03/08/04 02:32 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

Denial of Service attacks, from what I've been reading... not sure who was behind it or what they had to gain, though (it was the man, man! they're trying to shut us down!) ... damn conspiracy theorists! But hopefully this annoying shit is gonna stop, elsewise I have to concentrate on exams, and that's no fun!

--------------------

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #2407575 - 03/08/04 02:42 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

If 3D did do this, I bet it will only hurt his site. The shroomery is bigger than sacred shrooms and will most likely continue to get bigger..

Dobie left sacred shrooms he said  :thumbup: :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #2407692 - 03/08/04 03:31 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

This isn't a big mystery
posted by sammi in a later deleted thread at sacredshrooms:

"Look boys, the person who is doing it #1 none of you know and #2 doesnt post here. So posting threads like this is pointless."

sounds an afull lot like somebody knows exactly what is going on

--------------------

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #2407804 - 03/08/04 04:03 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

Ped, I agree with most of what you say as well, but mark my words, this is not over! The Shroomery will be shut down again by these assholes, we have been under attack on an increasingly higher scale for the past several months. They have stopped for the moment but not for long. I would love nothing more than to see the guilty party punished and hurt!

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: The Attacks Against the Shroomery.. [Re: Ripple]
    #2407887 - 03/08/04 04:18 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

so who was it that was doing the attacking?

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
    #2407889 - 03/08/04 04:19 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

Cant you get there IP address and report the to there isp or some goverment agencey. I bet if you did this to microsoft you would probably be caught within a week. I would go and report this at once.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Offlinenvksmt2
Stranger
Re: The Attacks Against the Shroomery.. [Re: EvilGir]
    #2408298 - 03/08/04 05:36 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

haha yeah right did it to microsoft caught? remember the ones against ebay, amazon, blah blah, all those. nobody is in jail for that. nobody prolly will be. you can't catch people who do this shit, you can just hope they dont do it again.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: The Attacks Against the Shroomery.. [Re: Vulture]
    #2408307 - 03/08/04 05:38 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Vulture said:
so who was it that was doing the attacking?

I don't know myself?

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
    #2408449 - 03/08/04 06:21 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

arm yourselfs with knolage my children :laugh:
i had no idia we wer under atack

--------------------

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#2408553 - 03/08/04 06:55 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

Hey Ped, did I see you in Seattle recently on Broadway? I passed someone and was like "he was familiar" then I thought "oh cripe that was Ped."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies