Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMollyLucyMaryJane

GTA 5 overrated and broken?
    #24061385 - 02/02/17 09:47 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

So I got gta 5 for ps4 and beat the storyline then decided i wanted to unlock the trophies.
Once I start trying to unlock them I realize even though im doing everything correctly they wont unlock...
So I google it and its a common bug and many people have it.

Ok then... instead ill just get 100% completion since I cant get trophies.
So I start doing the checklist for 100% completion and now the race missions wont show up, I also cant do a few other missions.
I google it again and once again its a common bug that many people have and there is no fix for it.

So is this game completely unbeatable?
In the week of playing it I have encountered so many game breaking bugs that im seriously impressed at how popular the game is.
Have rockstar completely abandoned GTA 5 in favor of GTA online for the $$$?
To me the game seems very low quality and rushed in the important areas but with incredible attention to detail in other insignificant areas.

Anyone else here have these issues?
Why is this buggy, clearly unfinished game so popular?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: GTA 5 overrated and broken? [Re: MollyLucyMaryJane]
    #24062573 - 02/03/17 12:17 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

GTAs appeal isn't trophies and game completion. And I'm not sure it ever has been.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

OfflineLRG
Supernaut
Male
Re: GTA 5 overrated and broken? [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24062674 - 02/03/17 01:09 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

GTA has always been about killing things. Personally, I'm happy driving around, stealing cars+planes, and seeing how long I can stay alive with max stars. That's like literally the only reason I bought the game. In that regard, it isn't worth the money, but at least it's exactly what I'm looking for.

--------------------
"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.” - Gandalf The Grey.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

"I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagle's wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm HAMMERED DRUNK!" - Cal Naughton Jr. AKA The Magic Man. Abracadabra homes!

"Each tear is a drop of poison released." - Anonymous

"Could it be you're afraid of what your friends might say if they knew you believe in God above? They should realize before they criticize that God is the only way to Love."

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
Re: GTA 5 overrated and broken? [Re: MollyLucyMaryJane] * 1
    #24062830 - 02/03/17 02:39 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MollyLucyMaryJane said:
Have rockstar completely abandoned GTA 5 in favor of GTA online for the $$$?

Yes, quite some time ago.  GTA 5 no longer receives content, including vehicles that get added to Online.

With that said though, GTA doesn't gear toward Achievement Hunters.
That's not to say that it has nothing for Achievers -- in that regard GTA is a big sandbox that is set up in such a way that players can set their own goals with regards to how to have fun.

For me, achievement is simply the satisfaction of completing a video with the Editor -- love Director's Mode and the Rockstar Editor for the control it gives over basically everything.

From the sounds of things, you may be an Achiever.
Personally more of an Explorer -- like to dig into games and find out how mechanics work, how AI processes information, the limits and extents of the world space.
As an explorer, find unobtrusive bugs in single player games to be fun.  It is interesting to see what does and does not break the game, and how that can be utilized to further other possible actions.

Selecting the "right game" for you can help if you are familiar with where you fit into Bartle's Taxonomy.

Think that Rockstar got pretty caught up in GTA Online because Online games almost fundamentally require a stream of new content as they thrive based on continuous player base, rather than simply on game purchases.
They may soon stop providing content for Online though -- there is talk about Red Dead Redemption 2 having a similar online mode.

Quote:

MollyLucyMaryJane said:
To me the game seems very low quality and rushed in the important areas but with incredible attention to detail in other insignificant areas.

Important and insignificant are somewhat subjective in gaming.
The bugs you listed that inhibit 100% completion or trophies is insignificant in my gaming, and all of my Rockstar Achievements were unlocked through normal play or by coincidence.
However the small attentions to detail like traffic lights and underglow for cars satisfy me, as they help with immersion and give more consideration to the design and extent of the world.

:shrug:

Re: GTA 5 overrated and broken? [Re: Tantrika]
    #24063184 - 02/03/17 05:10 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the response Tantrika.
You have definitely made me see this game in an entirely different light. Your right too im an achievement hunter in games, a completionist I guess.

It seems that GTA 5 is so popular because there is something for everyone and while it may not be perfect nothing ever is.

I still need to check out the Rockstar editor, I will try that today.

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
Re: GTA 5 overrated and broken? [Re: MollyLucyMaryJane]
    #24063652 - 02/03/17 08:57 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MollyLucyMaryJane said:
Thanks for the response Tantrika.
You have definitely made me see this game in an entirely different light. Your right too im an achievement hunter in games, a completionist I guess.

It seems that GTA 5 is so popular because there is something for everyone and while it may not be perfect nothing ever is.

I still need to check out the Rockstar editor, I will try that today.

Yeah, GTA has a lot to do and appeals to a broad base, but it does not always have the most enormous degree of depth to it.

It also helps that Online comes free with 5 and is actually quite solid.  Various Heists and Missions to do, races and death matches against other players, can run a gang and own a cannabis or cocaine production plant and take other players on drug-running missions.

In so much as I hold criticism of it, it is that I am largely anti-social and spend the majority of my time in Solo or Friends Only sessions rather than deal with everyone on the general servers.

The Rockstar Editor can be pretty hit-or-miss with people.
Personally love it, but have always enjoyed video editing.  As a small child, would borrow my grandfathers big clunky video camera and make stop-motion videos with my dinosaur toys. :lol:
Having briefly studied video editing/news broadcast live editing, have some familiarity with general methods to use.

What makes the Rockstar Editor my favourite tool is that the in-game recording can all be done using normal player camera, then edited in post to move the camera around, speed up or slow down time, overlay music and sound effects, and just generally tweak things to look more exciting than they actually are. :lol:
Will sometimes spend a whole day just filming, cutting and editing video clips together.
It helps that Rockstar used to run contests for videos as well, but do not recall them doing so lately.

It's fun to fool around with, but I also have a bit of an idea what I am doing and the barrier to entry is a bit higher than the regular gameplay.

Re: GTA 5 overrated and broken? [Re: Tantrika] * 1
    #24064607 - 02/04/17 08:48 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

ok... the rockstar editor is fucking awesome lol.

Now I can understand this games popularity.
The game itself gets boring but something like this has alot of potential.

Sad thing is I probably would have never checked it out if you didnt say anything. Thanks haha

As for the online im not a fan at all tbh, I enjoy beating a game and moving on. With GTA online the grind of making money online or the microtransactions needed for money is meh. and then on top of that its just people acting like maniacs everywhere, without a group of friends I would imagine it being nearly impossible to set up a heist or a good race ect.

I actually just made a video, It was set at night in a thunderstorm and its cc cameras(with the cc camera video effect) showing a crooked cop pulling someone over, ripping them out of their car, then tasing and beating them with a night stick lol. Very fun.

Also really nice video man, Cool theme. Gave me a few ideas for a future video too like the slow motion and adding music.

Edited by MollyLucyMaryJane (02/04/17 09:01 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules