Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
    #2405678 - 03/05/04 04:38 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I live in orgeon, next to a creek and about 2 acres of woods, is there any possibility that i would be able to find any cyan's or maybe some cube's? i went mushroom hunting several times, but not much of anything, i found some candy caps tho. they tasted great.

Thanks for all answers. :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

ps. i have an extensive idenifaction guid (Mushrooms Demystifide- david Arora)-

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Re: Oregon? [Re: AshTray404]
    #2405682 - 03/05/04 04:40 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

read the sticky threads you wont find any cubes in oregon

This place is gayer than when the balls touch

User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
Re: Oregon? [Re: Dobie]
    #2405693 - 03/05/04 04:44 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

okay, just go out hunting man, we have a beautiful state with lots of fungus, when you find something, get it IDed, but most importantly, don't eat any mushrooms you are unsure about. peace.

Correlation is not causation!

Male User Gallery

Loc: seeking the truth
Re: Oregon? [Re: Signo]
    #2407365 - 03/08/04 03:47 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

There have been cubie reports in Oregon.It is very rare though,also maybe there is a possibility of you maybe finding some blue-foot-psilocybe in Oregon,althought these species are very rare in their natural habitat also.
Peace,and be sure to not eat any mushroom until it is 110%Positivily ID'D!

"Follow the medicine path with an open mind and a clear heart, and you will surely find inner peace and enlightenment."

Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Oregon? [Re: pfshroomer]
    #2407913 - 03/08/04 06:24 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

The blue-foot Psilocybe is by Gary lincoff who gave that name to Psilocybe caerulipes after trying to figure a name for it for several months. Gary has never picked this mushroom.

However, there are in Oregon Psilocybe stuntzii, known as blue ringers and sometimes stuntzii's blue legs, the latter name is probably used once in a thousand or more times.

Those shrooms are common in grassy lawns at new locations and in the late fall (Oct-Dec in woodchips. Sometimes this shroom will appear all year long on well manicured lawns which have sprinkler systems that are automatic.

Otherwise, Conocybe cyanopus which I do not recommend hunting because of its affinity with the deadly species and then panaeolus subbalteatus, most common in ORegon in rotted hay compost heaps and haystacks at riding stables and at race tracks in the spring months. OPtherwise you will have to wait till August-Sept for Liberty caps, baeocystis and P. cyanescens.

Or the Late fall November-January P. azurescens

And read the FAQ's here and the Ultimate shroomery hunting guide.

Loc: the mycological center of...
Re: Oregon? [Re: AshTray404]
    #2407936 - 03/08/04 06:28 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

lucky you on the candy caps, far as i know, even the experts have trouble id'ing those.
so if you can id those, why would you expect to find cubensis here? A little searching will provide you with much information on the subject of cubensis in oregon.
i know several people who have grown them outdoors in oregon.
i know NOT ONE self-respecting shroomhead or mycologist who claims that they grow here (in any wild or semi-wild state)

As for "oregon blue-foot" or whatever, the use of common names is rather useless, especially for beginners.

There was a tremendous fruiting of what i believe to be psilocybe cyanofibrillosa last spring, and joshua and gsafarmer harvested a good quantity of them, from mulch, on a college campus. However, the find was so rare and unheard of that many people, including the regulars at this board, were thoroughly perplexed by the fruiting, and disputed it's identity greatly.

That being said, i am afraid your chances of finding anything 'active' right now are slim to zilch. the cyans are over by the end of jan. usually, and the "cubes",won't fruit until, well, maybe two weeks from now. That is, if you can find some guerilla patches, i mean. These guerilla patches could be at the local park, at the corner lot, behind the grocery store, or up in the mountains, or along the river.

anywhere one could bring five gallon buckets of compost and jars of spawn without drawintg too much attention!!!!!

oh, and i believe mj is fond of saying that pan subbs like the spring in the willamette valley, on straw bales in fields. i haven't seen this.

good luck.

morels are your best bet though. take a look at your local red beauty mulch.....

Re: Oregon? [Re: viscid]
    #2415854 - 03/10/04 05:34 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Ok thanks for all the info.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification