Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Shroomery 2017 Silver, Gold and Precious Metals Thread [Re: Adden] * 1
    #24120949 - 02/26/17 10:37 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Some raw MS63+ Walking Liberty Half Dollars

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Shroomery 2017 Silver, Gold and Precious Metals Thread [Re: Adden]
    #24122945 - 02/27/17 08:18 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/25/netherlands-holds-inquiry-whether-could-ditch-euro/

France, Italy and now the Netherlands looking to get out of the Euro. 

What happens to the debt when a country goes back to their own currency?  It drops like a rock.

Big money in the EU knows trouble is brewing and they will have their gold hedges in place, unfortunately the average citizen will take the hit.

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Shroomery 2017 Silver, Gold and Precious Metals Thread [Re: qman]
    #24123633 - 02/27/17 01:37 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

https://www.thestreet.com/story/14010708/1/german-2-year-bond-yields-fall-deeper-into-negative-territory-on-redenomination-trade.html

German 2 year bonds hit -0.93% yield, a record low in yield. 

This is starting to show signs of panic in the EU bond markets, investors are preparing for potential trouble, time will tell.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
    #24124309 - 02/27/17 05:55 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I read something about our debt ceiling is gonna take a shit come 3/15 and now can't find it. Anyone got word on it?

Got almost 2k today in old broken watches and necklaces and class rings and junk. :thumbup: Half of it was snow-plow scores from Minnesota. I didn't think there was any left and came across a plastic bag in a junk drawer.

Offlineqman
Stranger

#24124390 - 02/27/17 06:26 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Adden said:
I read something about our debt ceiling is gonna take a shit come 3/15 and now can't find it. Anyone got word on it?

Got almost 2k today in old broken watches and necklaces and class rings and junk. :thumbup: Half of it was snow-plow scores from Minnesota. I didn't think there was any left and came across a plastic bag in a junk drawer.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/17/remember-the-debt-ceiling-here-it-comes-again.html

Yes, another round of lifting the debt ceiling coming up next month. I suspect the boys in Congress will create some theatrics and then kick the can another trillion bucks down the road.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-26/stockman-after-march-15-everything-will-grind-halt

Some are calling for problems as a result, I don't think Congress wants to take the blame for a crisis, so I see just a higher debt ceiling and surviving another day.

Congrats on your 2k bonus of "junk" metal.

Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Zealand Flag
    #24125211 - 02/28/17 03:45 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I have a question. Silver is trading in the vicinity of $20/oz. Can anyone guess how much this might change if the USA went back on the gold standard?

Because I kind of expect this to happen, and it's why I'm building a silver bullion hoard.

--------------------
"They consider me insane but I know that I am a hero living under the eyes of the gods."

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Shroomery 2017 Silver, Gold and Precious Metals Thread [Re: viktor] * 2
    #24125560 - 02/28/17 09:04 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

viktor said:
I have a question. Silver is trading in the vicinity of $20/oz. Can anyone guess how much this might change if the USA went back on the gold standard?

Because I kind of expect this to happen, and it's why I'm building a silver bullion hoard.

I would love to see the US back on the gold standard, if we get into a debt crisis down the road it might be the only way out of the situation.

Some recent estimates I saw indicate the US could back 40% of the money supply if they pegged their gold holdings at a price of $12,000 per oz. Again, by the time it gets to a crisis, it might have to get pegged at even a higher price.

Where would silver trade at that point?  Hard to say, depends on where the gold/silver ratio goes?  Today the ratio is at 68, in 2011 it traded down to 30, in 1980 it traded down to 15, sometimes it trades at 90.

The people in power don't ever want to see another gold standard, hopefully nature wins that battle.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
    #24126346 - 02/28/17 03:45 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

For anyone looking to get into gold, silver, and coins - I've got an ancillary collection I'm looking to move for 3-4k. I really am not a fan of piecing it out or doing separate lots. If anyone's interested please let me know.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
    #24135093 - 03/04/17 02:33 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

United States Mint seeking vendors for supplying palladium

United States Mint seeking vendors for supplying palladium

Metal needed to make blanks for 2016 American Eagle palladium bullion coin

The U.S. Mint is in the initial planning stages for developing a palladium bullion coin, including securing vendors for the precious metal and fabricating necessary planchets for production.

Mint officials have not disclosed when they plan to offer the bullion coin, which will be sold through the established network of authorized purchasers already approved to buy American Eagle and American Buffalo bullion coins.

The palladium bullion coin initiative, authorized under the American Eagle Palladium Bullion Coin Act of 2010, Public Law 111-303, requires an obverse that reflects sculptor Adolph A. Weinman’s obverse design from the Winged Liberty Head dime — the same obverse just used for the 2016-W Winged Liberty Head gold dime — and a reverse employing Weinman's eagle design from the reverse of the American Institute of Architects award medal introduced in 1907. Weinman designed the medal in 1906.

Legislation introduced by Rep. Bill Huizenga, R-Mich., was passed in December and signed into law by President Obama, clearing the hurdle for a palladium bullion coin by negating a 2013 feasibility study that suggested that a palladium bullion coin program could not be sustained after first-year projected sales of 100,000 coins. The study forecast viability for Proof and Uncirculated numismatic versions.

As a result of the law passed in December, the Mint is moving forward with plans for issuing a 1-troy-ounce .9995 fine palladium bullion coin with a legislated face value of $25.

Huizenga’s legislation also includes the mandate that all numismatic versions of the American Eagle silver coins dated 2016, other than the bullion release, bear a smooth instead of reeded edge, on which an incuse inscription denoting the 30th anniversary of the American Eagle silver dollar series will appear.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
    #24135134 - 03/04/17 03:57 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #24135204 - 03/04/17 05:23 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting, and news to me.  This probably has a lot to do with palladium now being overpriced IMO.  It's a great metal at 400, I am not as impressed at near 800.  Given the ETF and now the US mint demand perhaps it will go to back to 900 where it last peaked with a mad dash up and a drop like a stone a while back.  For a while there were Canadian Maple Palladiums but they stopped minting them.  Still available from APMEX etc.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Re: Shroomery 2017 Silver, Gold and Precious Metals Thread [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #24135210 - 03/04/17 05:26 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

It'll tickle the market I'm sure but anyone's guess as to how. If I had any, if be keeping a watchful eye. Maybe if people see "that other metal that isn't gold or silver" going up, maybe they will go up as well. I won't be buying any though lol I have a bad feeling about it.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
    #24135463 - 03/04/17 07:57 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

MS62 1945-D 10c US that a friend shared.

Offlineqman
Stranger

#24135664 - 03/04/17 09:25 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

https://www.theaureport.com/pub/na/copper-confirms-the-negative-outlook-for-precious-metals-and-oil

https://www.theaureport.com/pub/na/oil-market-update-you-wont-get-a-clearer-warning-than-this-one

It looks like big trouble is brewing in the oil market and all commodities could be in for a large fall. 

If this is the case, then the fairy tale of a Trump economic growth stock rally is going to end up in tears.

Could PM's trade lower as a result?  I think so, but it would be temporary at most.

Offlinexzylocybin
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24137830 - 03/05/17 05:46 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

In 2008 I tried to convince my parents to cash out any and all of their assets and buy gold, they thought I was insane, they would have made a ton of money.

I always keep some gold and silver concealed on my person.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomery 2017 Silver, Gold and Precious Metals Thread [Re: xzylocybin]
    #24137985 - 03/05/17 07:27 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

xzylocybin said:
In 2008 I tried to convince my parents to cash out any and all of their assets and buy gold, they thought I was insane, they would have made a ton of money.

I always keep some gold and silver concealed on my person.

Sounds like around the same time I was telling my dad the same thing.  Of course, he ignored me the financial planner educated person that cared, and trusted his idiot stock broker to hang onto his stocks.

--------------------

Offlinexzylocybin
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24137992 - 03/05/17 07:30 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Oh well, parents like to think that it is impossible for someone they made with their stinky bits to be smarter than them.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

#24138012 - 03/05/17 07:44 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

qman said:
https://www.theaureport.com/pub/na/copper-confirms-the-negative-outlook-for-precious-metals-and-oil

https://www.theaureport.com/pub/na/oil-market-update-you-wont-get-a-clearer-warning-than-this-one

It looks like big trouble is brewing in the oil market and all commodities could be in for a large fall. 

If this is the case, then the fairy tale of a Trump economic growth stock rally is going to end up in tears.

Could PM's trade lower as a result?  I think so, but it would be temporary at most.

The glut in oil is amazing.  There "really is so much oil in the world" (sorry Tower of Power).  "You" just know that at some point these increases in inventory will be met with price decreases in oil.  It's silly, "they" estimate "x" increase and when there is still an increase then the price goes up because it was less than expected.  Stupid.  I mean, there are tankers just sitting around full of oil and basically nowhere to put anymore oil at the WTI facility yet it's still over 50?  It should be at 40 testing 36 and heading south.

The petrodollar is dying but given the military, it will be a painful death after a hard fought war.  If we see the dollar go up and interest rates go up then perhaps this bond sell off can get going for reals.  I think the "shlock" market is so rigged and controlled by the PTB it could still go up some especially if/when bonds sell off.  It's the debt that is garbage, equity may be worth something I mean buildings and plant type equity, or technological equity.  Company stock is mostly garbage but there are real assets at some point that are worth something.

Likewise, PMs are worth something, but we can see the manipulation there capable of making the futures lower the spot prices.  Rising rates won't help matters nor will a strong dollar.  So I agree for the time being commodities including PMs could be under pressure.

Obviously all assets are in a bubble, but the debt market is in the biggest bubble of all.  Liabilities and counter party risk are at all time highs.  When this party really gets going it's gonna make 2008 look like the good times.  More debt won't "solve" anything and certainly rising rates create more indebtedness regardless of not loosening.

The bottom line is expect serious deflation not inflation, for the foreseeable future.  Defaults won't create inflation they will cause deflation as well.  This real estate market in CA for example is an asset bubble waiting to burst wide open.

--------------------

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomery 2017 Silver, Gold and Precious Metals Thread [Re: xzylocybin]
    #24138034 - 03/05/17 08:08 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

xzylocybin said:
Oh well, parents like to think that it is impossible for someone they made with their stinky bits to be smarter than them.

No kidding.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#24138100 - 03/05/17 08:41 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LunarEclipse said:
Quote:

qman said:

The glut in oil is amazing.  There "really is so much oil in the world" (sorry Tower of Power).  "You" just know that at some point these increases in inventory will be met with price decreases in oil.  It's silly, "they" estimate "x" increase and when there is still an increase then the price goes up because it was less than expected.  Stupid.  I mean, there are tankers just sitting around full of oil and basically nowhere to put anymore oil at the WTI facility yet it's still over 50?  It should be at 40 testing 36 and heading south.

The petrodollar is dying but given the military, it will be a painful death after a hard fought war.  If we see the dollar go up and interest rates go up then perhaps this bond sell off can get going for reals.  I think the "shlock" market is so rigged and controlled by the PTB it could still go up some especially if/when bonds sell off.  It's the debt that is garbage, equity may be worth something I mean buildings and plant type equity, or technological equity.  Company stock is mostly garbage but there are real assets at some point that are worth something.

Likewise, PMs are worth something, but we can see the manipulation there capable of making the futures lower the spot prices.  Rising rates won't help matters nor will a strong dollar.  So I agree for the time being commodities including PMs could be under pressure.

Obviously all assets are in a bubble, but the debt market is in the biggest bubble of all.  Liabilities and counter party risk are at all time highs.  When this party really gets going it's gonna make 2008 look like the good times.  More debt won't "solve" anything and certainly rising rates create more indebtedness regardless of not loosening.

The bottom line is expect serious deflation not inflation, for the foreseeable future.  Defaults won't create inflation they will cause deflation as well.  This real estate market in CA for example is an asset bubble waiting to burst wide open.

"Defaults won't create inflation they will cause deflation as well"

Very true, even the sell off in bonds is deflationary, the day after Trump was elected the bond market lost $1 trillion in value.

The reason for owning PM's is the policy response to this bad debt/bond defaults and economic downturn, that's when the real inflation hits the world.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale