Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblenoresolution
passer-through
on vacation for the weekend, will the shrooms be ok?
    #2405125 - 03/05/04 01:45 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

my buddy has 2 casings and a bunch of cakes that have started fruiting (see my 'I've got pins' thread). he's gonna be going on vacation for 2 nights and is wondering what he should do with his growing setup. he is thinking about wrapping the casings (deep aluminum baking dishes) with seran wrap, getting em good and moist and putting them back in the drawer under his heated waterbed he used for incubating. as for the cake, would it be harmful to leave the half fruited cakes without light or external heating (ambient temp. is about 65-70 F) for a couple days? the reason being is he doesn't want to leave all the shit in his closet (heatpad, flourescent worklight) plugged in for 2 1/2 days straight unsupervised. thanks for any advice.

-nores.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinem0rb
mushroom mobster

Loc: New England
Re: on vacation for the weekend, will the shrooms be ok? [Re: noresolution]
    #2405224 - 03/05/04 02:07 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Hey Nores,

If you have already initiated pinning, you should keep them in the fruiting chamber. How far along are your casings? Do you see primordia, or pins yet? How long ago did you fruit them?

Also, not sure why you are using the heating pad to incubate the casings if you have already fruited, as a drop in temperature is normally needed. Can you clarify for us?

My recommendation: If you have already fruited, and you see small pins forming, keep it moist/humid in your fruiting chamber, and try to setup something to fan your casings periodically while your gone. Even a friend waving some fresh air into the fruiting chamber will do wonders.

-m0rb-

--------------------
"The business of America is business," - Calvin Coolidge

Invisiblenoresolution
passer-through
Re: on vacation for the weekend, will the shrooms be ok? [Re: m0rb]
    #2405264 - 03/05/04 02:17 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

the casings have a few mushrooms forming but mostly just have a crapload of knots on them. they have been in the fruiting chamber about a week. the heating pad is just to keep the fruiting chamber up around 75-80 degrees for fruiting, as the temperature in the closet where the fruiting chamber is located is around 65 most of the time.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation