Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAngeloWish
Sr. Mydriasis

Loc: MEXICO-Mushroom Capital
Re: LSD vs MUSHROOMS [Re: scott2004bc]
    #4407847 - 07/15/05 01:31 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hello.... i preffer mushrooms but acid aint bad...

Acid is trippy, colorful and mind expander, althoug i havent had any aftertrippin feeling i preffer the nature and spirituality of mushies and shroom visuals are great too. Have to say i think mushrooms are not 'corrosive' like acid is. Acid makes me feel great, a lot of thickles and sparky feeling but shrooms are more 'alive'.

--------------------
+'this' reality is the one i like the most+

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegmand38
Stranger
Re: LSD vs MUSHROOMS [Re: AngeloWish]
    #4408133 - 07/15/05 02:45 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

To me, I feel like if one could ever learn anything from a drug, it would be shrooms, and Acid is more of a "holy shit all of my senses are profoundly interesting and everything feels/sounds/looks really cool" As far as the actual "high" I found both drugs to be quite similar, with the exception of some actual synaestheis on Acid, and on shrooms I dont have the energy to do anything but sit and think, whereas on acid I wanted to get up and explore and look at and touch everything, just because it felt/looked so damn cool.

The only thing is that from the past experiences Ive had Ive always thought that acid was more likely to give me long term visual side effects.

Offlinesgtpeppah313
Stranger
Re: LSD vs MUSHROOMS [Re: gmand38]
    #24047042 - 01/28/17 05:30 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I've used 10gr of the best truffles in the netherlands, which is basically like taking 5g or more of mushrooms. I think? I felt very awkward and scared, but after about 2 hours i bumped into people that i had to conversate normal to. And I did, I was able to talk clearly while feeling very fucked up which was like putting on a devils mask.

Still want to try LSD haven't done it yet though.

Also had very good trips on Mushrooms on lower doses, accompanied by good music.

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: LSD vs MUSHROOMS [Re: sgtpeppah313]
    #24047111 - 01/28/17 06:00 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

sgtpeppah313 said:
I've used 10gr of the best truffles in the netherlands, which is basically like taking 5g or more of mushrooms. I think?

Doubt it

OfflineMorlockalo420
Stranger
Re: LSD vs MUSHROOMS [Re: Superunknown]
    #24047539 - 01/28/17 09:27 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I love them both equally!  They are both very different but they take me to the same place, just differently.  I get the best LSD around and I've grown some of the most powerful mushrooms that anyone I know has ever done.  I would be very hard pressed to pick between the two.  I would agree that shrooms can be a bit deeper and more thought provoking, but I've had cid that had me feeling like a philosopher and shrooms that just had me tripping super balls.  I've also had what seemed like short acid trips and shroom trips that seemed like they would last forever.  Their two very different vehicles that take me to the same place.

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: LSD vs MUSHROOMS [Re: Superunknown]
    #24047980 - 01/29/17 03:06 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

LSD is a "mechanical" trip and mushrooms are an "organic" trip.

--------------------

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: LSD vs MUSHROOMS [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #24047988 - 01/29/17 03:12 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

also I am about to turn 52, been tripping since 14yo (LSD). If I want to trip hard for a shorter time, mushrooms. If i want to trip all night and/or day, LSD.

--------------------

OfflineBANANA.MAN
Turd Ferguson
Male

Loc: Ontario Canada
    #24048128 - 01/29/17 06:46 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Acid lasts longer and its gentler.

Mushrooms have a rough body load IME. acid ha kind of an electric feel. So does LSA. Id never do LSA again but i have to admitt ehrn it comes to the body high its like a weak acid body high.

Mushrooms have been more profound for me but thats my experince.

LSD has a longer afterglow.

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
    #24048129 - 01/29/17 06:48 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:
LSD is a "mechanical" trip and mushrooms are an "organic" trip.

I find this to be true :thumbup:

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

Offlineghost01
Stranger
Re: LSD vs MUSHROOMS [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #24048166 - 01/29/17 07:14 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

In my experience LSD has longer lasting side effects after the trip. Meaning I believe LSD has the potential to profoundly change how your mind works for years after a single trip. That said, Mushrooms tend to have a shorter change on my mind. Normally a few days to a week afterwards I will have slightly different ways of thinking. I will be more creative, and overall happy.. but it tends to go away fairly quick. (Usually 4-7 days max).

I have also used mushrooms on a daily basis for over 3 months before. (Prob between 3-8grams per trip, 1-3 times per week) This was many years ago though. TBH it was one of the happiest points in my life. I developed a very intense spiritual mindset during that time.. you know.. (compassion > all) Ofc I was also young and Naive at that age. So I think much of it went to waste!

These days I'm too old to trip like that.. (in my 30s). I think small doses on rare occasions while having very specific intentions for the trip at better for me personally.

I think the main difference between mushrooms, and LSD are visual. LSD is much more visual for me. I can get lost in the open eye hallucinations, which can be just astounding with the right environment. I still remember my first LSD trip, we had this green and white linoleum that had Rorschach style patterns on them. I sat on the floor for at least 4 hours watching it. It seemed that the floor had liquefied, and the patterns were moving around like an ocean.

Aside from that, it's simply the duration of the trips.. LSD lasts much longer. Between 8, and 12 hours. For me it tends towards the latter, I've never had an acid trip that lasted UNDER 12 hours.. usually more like 14ish. I think LSD has a smoother 'ramp up'.. you don't even notice your tripping until something totally bizarre takes place. That or you break down into a laughing fit.

With mushrooms (on larger doses) the best way to describe it is.. like a giant tsunami is coming right at you. A lot of people will become paranoid, and scared by this feeling.. but the trick is to accept it.. and tell yourself.. "Fear is unnecessary and pointless. I'm going to enjoy myself.".. On psychedelics you have much power over your thoughts. So long as you remember that, and guide your own mind to positive places, you'll be fine.

Edited by ghost01 (01/29/17 07:20 AM)

OfflineBANANA.MAN
Turd Ferguson
Male

Re: LSD vs MUSHROOMS [Re: ghost01]
    #24048181 - 01/29/17 07:25 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ghost01 said:
In my experience LSD has longer lasting side effects after the trip. Meaning I believe LSD has the potential to profoundly change how your mind works for years after a single trip. That said, Mushrooms tend to have a shorter change on my mind. Normally a few days to a week afterwards I will have slightly different ways of thinking. I will be more creative, and overall happy.. but it tends to go away fairly quick. (Usually 4-7 days max).

I have also used mushrooms on a daily basis for over 3 months before. (Prob between 3-8grams per trip, 1-3 times per week) This was many years ago though. TBH it was one of the happiest points in my life. I developed a very intense spiritual mindset during that time.. you know.. (compassion > all) Ofc I was also young and Naive at that age. So I think much of it went to waste!

These days I'm too old to trip like that.. (in my 30s). I think small doses on rare occasions while having very specific intentions for the trip at better for me personally.

I think the main difference between mushrooms, and LSD are visual. LSD is much more visual for me. I can get lost in the open eye hallucinations, which can be just astounding with the right environment. I still remember my first LSD trip, we had this green and white linoleum that had Rorschach style patterns on them. I sat on the floor for at least 4 hours watching it. It seemed that the floor had liquefied, and the patterns were moving around like an ocean.

Aside from that, it's simply the duration of the trips.. LSD lasts much longer. Between 8, and 12 hours. For me it tends towards the latter, I've never had an acid trip that lasted UNDER 12 hours.. usually more like 14ish. I think LSD has a smoother 'ramp up'.. you don't even notice your tripping until something totally bizarre takes place. That or you break down into a laughing fit.

With mushrooms (on larger doses) the best way to describe it is.. like a giant tsunami is coming right at you. A lot of people will become paranoid, and scared by this feeling.. but the trick is to accept it.. and tell yourself.. "Fear is unnecessary and pointless. I'm going to enjoy myself.".. On psychedelics you have much power over your thoughts. So long as you remember that, and guide your own mind to positive places, you'll be fine.

Thats a pretty good analysis.

Read this guy's post OP.

Offlineghost01
Stranger
Re: LSD vs MUSHROOMS [Re: BANANA.MAN]
    #24048189 - 01/29/17 07:33 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Hmm the only thing I didn't answer is how hard it is to get.. I can't really answer. I'm out of the loop on things like LSD. I honestly have not heard of anyone having a legitimate LSD stash for at least 10 years at this point. Even when I hear that people have it, I usually dismiss it as likely a RC of some type. RC passed off as LSD is uber common. I refuse to put something in my body when I do not know exactly what it is. That's the danger zone right there.

In regards to lsd being a drug for 'kids'. I would say I prefer mushrooms, because (it may be naive) I believe that psychedelics which are natural have a spirit of their own, that guides you through your trip. This applies to mushrooms, Cacti, Ayahuasca, Etc... while synthetic drugs are more spiritual barren? Either way, just my personal opinion,.

Edited by ghost01 (01/29/17 07:37 AM)

OfflineBANANA.MAN
Turd Ferguson
Male

Re: LSD vs MUSHROOMS [Re: ghost01]
    #24048210 - 01/29/17 07:46 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Acctually RCs sold as LSD is not common and hasnt been for years.

NBOMes (aswell as all 2Cs even the well liked ones that arent really deadly) were banned in Canada a few months ago and lysergamide RCs cost more than real LSD. And i highly doubt people are selling DOx compounds as LSD anymore. 5-MeO-aMT and bromodragonfly is the only other RCs that fit on blotter and you never really hear of thise being sold as LSD.

NBOMes were sold as LSD alot but not anymore.

Years ago someone in my city did 2,5-I-NBOMe (not sold as acid) and i havent heard of it being around since then.

If all LSD were RCs then people would know by the tatse unless they are lysergamides but again thsoe are more expensive than LSD.

Everyone seems to assume thar any perosn in the world with "acid" has an RC. Its not true. LSD seems to be quite comon and inexpensive now.

Edited by BANANA.MAN (01/29/17 07:47 AM)

OfflineCocotazo
Stranger
Re: LSD vs MUSHROOMS [Re: BANANA.MAN]
    #24048212 - 01/29/17 07:47 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I am not particularly seasoned in either one with only having a handful experiences with LSD.  My first trip I will never forget I took 3 hits and while some anxiety in the beginning turned out to be an all out blast.    I thought that acid .. was really a Grown-up drug .  Worth doing for the fun and benefits it delivers.    Acid managed my daily anxiety which I had for years.  I need more of the medicine..    on the other side of the world I have consumed mushrooms 4-6 times .. with only actually tripping once or maybe twice.          Shrooms seem to me that show you how smart you actually are when not in doubt and with a clear , worry free , not worrying about anything but only what's important for you and your life.  No drama , no distractions etc.. etc..    on the mushroom trip I decided to draw a portrait of Pablo Escobar which was in a book my father had .  I saw the "worry-free"me  make an identical drawing of the portrait , it's important to point out I never draw , didn't like it , wasn't good at it type of deal.      I tried to draw the same portrait completely sober , a demon looking creature came out of my drawing , I tried with weed and a type looking monster was what I drew.          I concluded mushrooms are more beneficial and can be just as fun ..  mushrooms for growth.  And acid for more fun , social , longer , practical , better to hide in public , more forgiving ( I think ) time of your life.        Acid and mushrooms have a time and place like all drugs do , they serve their purpose.

OfflineBANANA.MAN
Turd Ferguson
Male

Re: LSD vs MUSHROOMS [Re: Cocotazo]
    #24048224 - 01/29/17 07:52 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I think that was your set and setting. You pribably did them in a really good time and olace in your life because for most people mushrooms inspire change. They can make you feel at peace but they can really do the oppsoite. Trust me. Ive done shrooms quite a bit. Of course drugs effect everyone differently but i find that pretty misleading.

If there is something going on im my life even im it doesnt bug me so much sober, mushrooms can make it feel like the msot important thing that needs to be attended to right now. I cant put things off on shrooms.

InvisibleAstralAndrew
Shroomy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: LSD vs MUSHROOMS [Re: AuroraBorealis88]
    #24048885 - 01/29/17 12:18 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

AuroraBorealis88 said:
Quote:

sgtpeppah313 said:
I've used 10gr of the best truffles in the netherlands, which is basically like taking 5g or more of mushrooms. I think?

Doubt it

Cool:thumbup: why? Lol

I agree with the spirituality and kinda, forest mystery feeling you get on mushrooms if that makes sense. Lsd can be weird as far as imagination goes. It's more cartoony and childish, whereas mushrooms are like..dark feminine and connected to you in some way that is unexplainable a similar way dmt is.

--------------------
:dawerp::awepreciation::trippinbawelz::raveface::aweyeah::awecid:

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." - Jim Hightower

Invisibleoontribe
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD vs MUSHROOMS [Re: AstralAndrew]
    #24048936 - 01/29/17 12:34 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Both are awsome...but id pick shrooms over acid.

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: LSD vs MUSHROOMS [Re: AstralAndrew]
    #24049228 - 01/29/17 02:34 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

AstralAndrew said:
Doubt it

Quote:

Cool:thumbup: why? Lol

I mean 10 grams of truffles being equal to 5 grams of shrooms? That doesn't sound right at all.

Also though I agree with LSD being more cartoonish I definitely find mushrooms to be more childish personally. I feel like mushrooms are easily the most childish psychedelic of all.

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: LSD vs MUSHROOMS [Re: AuroraBorealis88] * 1
    #24049253 - 01/29/17 02:43 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I feel even though mushrooms aren't anywhere close to being the most gentle psychedelic they do seem to be the most welcoming. It may be one of the best beginner psychedelics solely for that reason, they also tend to take it somewhat "easy" on noobs and filter themselves to some extent for those who are inexperienced. They know how much you can handle and they personally tailor an experience just for you and unique to you and your psychology. They are a guided experience whereas LSD I think its fair to say that you feel somewhat lonely and on your own, even the nature of the mushroom trip itself seems more about community and compassion and how all human beings are on the same team at the end of the day.

Mushroom trips have quite a few thematic layers to them and often contain themes relating to planetary destiny and the fate of the human species. It's forward looking and is repeatedly decorated with strange eerie off-world themes of cosmic bizarreness and apparent phenomenological cataclysms. It can be apocalyptic, primordial and even dystopian. There's a sense of urgency and salvation in there as well.

Psilocybin seems more hypnotic whereas LSD seems more trancelike.

InvisibleCookies
Female
Re: LSD vs MUSHROOMS [Re: AuroraBorealis88]
    #24049976 - 01/29/17 07:23 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

LSD is better than shrooms imo

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract