Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 687 | 688 | 689 | 690 | 691 | 692 | 693 | 694 | 695 | 696 | 697 | 698 | 699 | 700 | 701 | 702 | 703 | 704 | 705 | 706 | 707 | Next > | Last >
OfflineDezGWest7
JacQ

Re: Making shoeboxes 1 [Re: mushboy]
    #26757355 - 06/19/20 12:44 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Going to harvest these today. First flush first time grow Amazonian. Question i have for you guys, in the last 24 hrs, I noticed a purple tinge on the stem/base of them and corners of substrate. I tried to take best pictures for you to see. Opinions ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDezGWest7
JacQ

Re: Making shoeboxes 1 [Re: DezGWest7]
    #26757380 - 06/19/20 12:51 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Hmm...so if I'm correct lmk, the purple tinge I mentioned, is it spores releasing from the gills ? I'm guessing that's the case since i notice some broken veils throughout

OfflineTweeq
Tweeq of Nature
Male

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Making shoeboxes 1 [Re: DezGWest7] * 1
    #26757618 - 06/19/20 02:30 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DezGWest7 said:
Hmm...so if I'm correct lmk, the purple tinge I mentioned, is it spores releasing from the gills ? I'm guessing that's the case since i notice some broken veils throughout

You have answered your own question. Just spores. No worries. You can pick the ripe fruits to not get a putple mess all over and leave the rest to grow a lil more or pick everything at once

Invisiblebare.whiterabbit
Lapin Blanc
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Microwave Flag
Re: Making shoeboxes 1 [Re: mushboy]
    #26758718 - 06/19/20 10:40 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mushboy said:
Quote:

metaphoric said:
Because cubes will never fruit themselves early, even if you put them in fruiting conditions. By doing it right away you let nature determine the transition to fruit on its own, which will naturally happen asap.

I like that explanation.
:manofapproval:

Indeed, thank you for that. Now that being said, do people still do it the ole school way of full colonization or is that considered unnecessary now?

We used to use wax paper folded to corrugate it and placed over my subs to let them colonize. Is there a disadvantage to this way of doing? Or was it just found that straight to fruiting is in some way better? I would think you run a slight risk, by not having a full colonized "casing" or at least that's what we were always lead to believe.

--------------------

Offlineaga080
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Making shoeboxes 1 [Re: bare.whiterabbit]
    #26758731 - 06/19/20 10:53 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

shit...massive contam across many shoeboxes. is this bacterial?

OfflineItsaMeShroomio
Shell Parkour Artist
 User Gallery
    #26758771 - 06/19/20 11:24 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bare.whiterabbit said:
Quote:

mushboy said:
Quote:

metaphoric said:
Because cubes will never fruit themselves early, even if you put them in fruiting conditions. By doing it right away you let nature determine the transition to fruit on its own, which will naturally happen asap.

I like that explanation.

Indeed, thank you for that. Now that being said, do people still do it the ole school way of full colonization or is that considered unnecessary now?

We used to use wax paper folded to corrugate it and placed over my subs to let them colonize. Is there a disadvantage to this way of doing? Or was it just found that straight to fruiting is in some way better? I would think you run a slight risk, by not having a full colonized "casing" or at least that's what we were always lead to believe.

Here's one side-by-side example of fruiting conditions at spawn vs sequential colonization/fruiting: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24692251

The current consensus seems to be that cubes do not need special colonization conditions, and that yield-per-time is improved by introducing "fruiting" conditions immediately.

Offlinelefty24
Stranger
Re: Making shoeboxes 1 [Re: ItsaMeShroomio]
    #26759137 - 06/20/20 04:34 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Has anyone here cracked 1.5 or 2 oz dried from one grow? It amazes me what the shoeboxes can do even you run just an inch of substrate.

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Making shoeboxes 1 [Re: lefty24] * 1
    #26759348 - 06/20/20 08:16 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah for sure. I’ve had PE clones put out 50g dry first flush from one quart.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Lapin Blanc

Re: Making shoeboxes 1 [Re: ItsaMeShroomio]
    #26759484 - 06/20/20 09:46 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lefty24 said:
Has anyone here cracked 1.5 or 2 oz dried from one grow? It amazes me what the shoeboxes can do even you run just an inch of substrate.

My last harvest was just over 10.5oz dry weight from 4 flushes, from 10 x 2L shoeboxes in an FC.

Quote:

ItsaMeShroomio said:
Quote:

bare.whiterabbit said:
Quote:

mushboy said:
Quote:

metaphoric said:

I like that explanation.

Here's one side-by-side example of fruiting conditions at spawn vs sequential colonization/fruiting: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24692251

The current consensus seems to be that cubes do not need special colonization conditions, and that yield-per-time is improved by introducing "fruiting" conditions immediately.

Thank, man...that's awesome to know and hopefully will cut back on fruiting times and some issues that do arise from subs not fully colonizing anyways, due to some little bacterial fucker that gets in there after the fact and bends you over :bigblunt:

EDIT: Actually that's insane how much of a difference in time and possible loss of optimal conditions. I hope this is the case, because we have 6 x 3lbs bags ready to go into the 8 shoes and I would love if they just popped off like that after a week.

--------------------

Offlinemetaphoric
Mr. Bater
Male User Gallery

#26763500 - 06/21/20 04:29 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

What do you guys think of these shoeboxes? They've looked the same for 5 days now. It's only on day 9 so I'm not worried, just want some second opinions on the boxes and setup.

P.s. the two boxes look so different because one got a casing and the other didn't. Just wanted to experiment a little to see if there's any noticeable difference.

--------------------
:mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom:
:mushroom:                  :mushroom2:                :mushroom:
:mushroom:            :mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:            :mushroom:
:mushroom:      :mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:      :mushroom:
:mushroom::cookiemonster: BEHOLD :elmo::mushroom:
:mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom:

OfflineRoscoeReturnsS
Crotchety chode man
Male

Loc: State of Confusion
Re: Making shoeboxes 1 [Re: metaphoric]
    #26764626 - 06/21/20 05:03 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

They look good to me.

Offlinemetaphoric
Mr. Bater
Male User Gallery

Re: Making shoeboxes 1 [Re: RoscoeReturns]
    #26764797 - 06/21/20 05:27 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Nice 👍 anyone agree?

Would you guys cut holes in the top of the greenhouse cover and cover them with micropore tape for ventilation or just leave it alone? I've got a fan on low, 5 feet away, pointed at the foot of the GH. The tassels at the top move so there's definitely light airflow throughout.

--------------------
:mushroom:      :mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:      :mushroom:

Invisibledfwerydfhg
Stranger
    #26776076 - 06/23/20 07:57 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Should I be able to see tiny droplets on the casing surface at all times after spawning to the shoebox? I've got growth through the top layer of coir, moisture on the sides of the box (above substrate), a good dark coir layer, but no little droplets.

It's only day 3 after spawning, is it worth a very brief indirect mist to get some droplets settled in?

Offlinemetaphoric
Mr. Bater
Male User Gallery

Re: Making shoeboxes 1 [Re: dfwerydfhg]
    #26776604 - 06/23/20 12:17 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

The color of the coir is the best indicator imo. Sounds like you're good with dark damp coir

--------------------

Lapin Blanc

Re: Making shoeboxes 1 [Re: dfwerydfhg]
    #26776757 - 06/23/20 01:17 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

dfwerydfhg said:
Should I be able to see tiny droplets on the casing surface at all times after spawning to the shoebox? I've got growth through the top layer of coir, moisture on the sides of the box (above substrate), a good dark coir layer, but no little droplets.

It's only day 3 after spawning, is it worth a very brief indirect mist to get some droplets settled in?

In order to initiate pinning you ideally want 90%+ RH, then after pin-set dial it back to around 85% RH for fruiting. I would do some searching around here to find images of ideal pinning and fruiting conditions and you'll be able to tell if you're doing okay in the humidity department.

--------------------

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
    #26776915 - 06/23/20 02:10 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Don’t worry about it yet, the drops should form on their own once more myc grows into the surface. If it’s almost totally colonized and still dry then I’d mist it a little.

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflineDezGWest7
JacQ

Re: Making shoeboxes 1 [Re: A.k.a]
    #26777103 - 06/23/20 03:40 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

That pic up top, when I harvested = 300 G Wet ...then I made a terrible mistake. I did enjoy the largest one which weighed 18G wet, then put it the remaining ..into the oven at 200 ...by the time i checked again, not only did they not dry they had no effects whatsoever. Not fcking up like that again. Now the 2nd flush is also not growing proper since the top layer is covered in spores.

Offlinemetaphoric
Mr. Bater
Male User Gallery

Re: Making shoeboxes 1 [Re: DezGWest7]
    #26777144 - 06/23/20 03:53 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

That sucks. I had a dehydrator kill all my magic one time, which I totally don't understand since everyone here says a dehydrator on full heat works great.

I've only used a fan and desiccant ever since. I actually just tried the dehydrator again for the first time today, gave my buddy the sample so I'll know by tomorrow what's what. I think my dehydrator might get hotter than most because my mush is cracker dry after 2.5hrs.

--------------------

Offlinemetaphoric
Mr. Bater
Male User Gallery

#26778453 - 06/24/20 05:49 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

What's the general consensus on side pins? Flip the sub and fruit off the lid? If I just leave it will they run out of room and fruit from the top?

--------------------

OfflineCrackatoa
Stranger in a strange land

Loc: Over by your Mama's house Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #26778605 - 06/24/20 07:26 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

They will make their way up. If something has gone crazy and I have more side pins than top pins I'll take sub out of shoebox and finish in a mono.

--------------------

Crack's Tek's and Shit

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 687 | 688 | 689 | 690 | 691 | 692 | 693 | 694 | 695 | 696 | 697 | 698 | 699 | 700 | 701 | 702 | 703 | 704 | 705 | 706 | 707 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale