Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTheOneYouKnow
addict
California School District Bans Iron Cross
    #2402428 - 03/04/04 11:31 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Yet another example of good ole Newmerica. Gay marriages that are against the law? The more the better! Wearing things that look like a Maltese Cross, banned!
Quote:

Simi Valley school officials have instituted a ban on the Iron Cross, the popular symbol of WWII Germany that is used by skateboard and clothing manufacturers. "The wearing of any image that is likely to be interpreted as an Iron Cross will no longer be permitted," Don Gaudioso, the school district's director, wrote in a letter mailed to 13,000 parents last week.

In his letter, Gaudioso stated that "a small but growing number of youth in our city have loosely banded together with the stated purpose of supporting a 'white power/white pride' movement. The actions these youth have been demonstrating have created great friction with other groups."

Administrators noticed increased tensions between some students and wanted to warn parents that pupils who wear certain clothing or jewelry may inadvertently be considered white-power supporters, which "could possibly lead to unsafe conditions on campus."

"Any time you see symbols that are hate symbols you want to be proactive," said Jan Britz, principal of the 2,650-student Simi Valley High School.

Gennady Shtern, director of the San Fernando Valley-based office of the Anti-Defamation League, which monitors hate activity in the Simi and Conejo valleys, said white supremacists are known to target middle schools and high schools to spread their message of bigotry. "This has been an ongoing problem, and we commend the Simi Valley school district for taking action on this issue," Shtern said.

The popular TV show Monster Garages' host, Jesse James, owns a company called "west coast choppers" that uses the maltese cross, as does Independant clothing company, and every single fire department across the country. But, heaven forbid that the ADL acknowledge that! One could sum up the opinion of California, so it seems, as "equal rights for all but whites".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: California School District Bans Iron Cross [Re: TheOneYouKnow]
    #2402447 - 03/04/04 11:41 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

This is just a school board that banned this from their dress code, and they do have every right to do so, no matter how retarded their ideas are. Thinking that the Iron Cross symbolizes white supremacy is pretty ridiculous, it's not just the image of WWII Germany, but of Germany altogether.

"equal rights for all but whites"

Well, you were doing okay up to this point. This doesn't actually have anything to do with race, it's about a few people who are too stupid to know what a symbol actually signifies. Making a rule like "no clothing with swastikas on it in school" would be perfectly justified, and most schools have these kinds of rules, as well as rules prohibiting students from wearing see through clothing, or clothing with vulgarity on it.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineTheOneYouKnow
addict
Re: California School District Bans Iron Cross [Re: Phluck]
    #2402456 - 03/04/04 11:43 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
Well, you were doing okay up to this point. This doesn't actually have anything to do with race, it's about a few people who are too stupid to know what a symbol actually signifies. Making a rule like "no clothing with swastikas on it in school" would be perfectly justified, and most schools have these kinds of rules, as well as rules prohibiting students from wearing see through clothing, or clothing with vulgarity on it.

Ah, I see, so the Star of David, symbolic of the nation of Israel who routinely kills arabs, will be banned next, right? wanna take bets on that?

why isn't communist apparell banned? I'm sure that Rage against the machine t-shirts are still acceptable...

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#2402536 - 03/04/04 12:07 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

The star of David is more symbolic of a religion than a nation.

Communist apparel won't be banned because the basic tenants of communism may be extremely flawed, but they aren't offensive to anyone who actually understands them. (Economic equality, and a state run by the people for the people.)

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #2402566 - 03/04/04 12:16 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

What kind of school is this? Private/public? Link please.

The ADL are a bunch of Zionist, right-wing ideologues, so such authoritarian tendencies should be expected.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #2402573 - 03/04/04 12:19 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

equal rights for all but whites

Shut the fuck up. You are guilty of the same mentality, except your banner reads: Equal rights for all except gays. You're not fooling anyone.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

OfflineTheOneYouKnow
addict
Re: California School District Bans Iron Cross [Re: Xochitl]
    #2402927 - 03/04/04 01:47 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Xochitl said:
Quote:

equal rights for all but whites

Shut the fuck up. You are guilty of the same mentality, except your banner reads: Equal rights for all except gays. You're not fooling anyone.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...o=&fpart=6&vc=1

If you read my final post, in which I actually give my position on it, you'd see things such as

Quote:

TheOneYouKnow:
you can get married at the court house. I'd be in favor of abolishing marriage as a legla institution, instead make it strictly religious. When any couple wants to join themselves legally, they can attain a civil union certificate at the court house, and save marriage for religion, how would that be?

A reply was made;
Quote:

silversoul7 said:
I would actually be totally ok with that, as long as it applied equally to gay and straight couples.

And my comment;
Quote:

TheOneYouKnow:
Then it's settled, call Bush and tell him we've made our decision :-)

Me agreeing that the civil equivilent of marriage (referred to as a civil union) would be the way that all couples, gay or straight, got joined. So, i'm all for gay equal rights.

Did you actually read that I read this, and think that I'm lying and attempting to fool people, or did you just guess what I thought based on me asking questions about it, and use your ignorance to fill in the void.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2402995 - 03/04/04 02:04 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

you're not for equal rights, you're for renaming it
for the sake of your religious and sexual prejudices.

you can change your name a million times, but you'll
always be the same ignorant bigot.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: California School District Bans Iron Cross [Re: afoaf]
    #2403117 - 03/04/04 02:33 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

^^^Exactly^^^

Whether it's called a civil union or a marriage, it's still the same thing, two idividuals living out there lives together knowing that they have certain privilages due to the fact that other people recognize the relationship.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineTheOneYouKnow
addict
Re: California School District Bans Iron Cross [Re: afoaf]
    #2407664 - 03/08/04 03:20 PM (20 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

afoaf said:
you're not for equal rights, you're for renaming it
for the sake of your religious and sexual prejudices.

I'm not religious at all, I think that most religious followers are only clinging to the primative and iconographic images of their religion, without truely understanding that most religions teach the same search for, and finding, of truth. Maybe YOU are the one with prejudice.

I made a clear compromise that entitled gay's and straight's to the same rights, and you dislike it? Because ofa word? What if it was called hibbidliyschmooglings? would that make a real difference? the way that the sounds resonate as you pronounce them are that big of a difference to you? Geez, I thought I was the one with "prejudice".

OfflineTheOneYouKnow
addict
Re: California School District Bans Iron Cross [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2407683 - 03/08/04 03:26 PM (20 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Ekstaza said:
^^^Exactly^^^

Whether it's called a civil union or a marriage, it's still the same thing, two idividuals living out there lives together knowing that they have certain privilages due to the fact that other people recognize the relationship.

Lets say that me and my thsuper fabulous friend paul (oh my god hes got the cutest butt! oh my god and the cutest little poodles) decide that we want to call each other "priests". We want the offical recognition as priests, and we want to be able to purchase the vestmenst that are reserved for priests (yes, the REAL vestments require a Vatican order declaring your priesthood to be purchased). Now, should the government force the people that made the definition, the sacramant and the position to acecpt me as a "priest", or should it just give me the right to be called something else, and not have the religious connontation?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2407693 - 03/08/04 03:31 PM (20 years, 25 days ago)

this is just the beginning

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineTheOneYouKnow
addict
Re: California School District Bans Iron Cross [Re: Strumpling]
    #2407704 - 03/08/04 03:33 PM (20 years, 25 days ago)

If any of these ignorant asswipes in Cali had ANY idea where the maltese cross (or others like it) came from, they should be supporting it. The cross has four equal sides, denoting male/female equality, unlike the Christian cross, which alludes to a book filledwith tales of incest, murder, polygamy, patricide, etceteras. But, of course, who cares? It's WHITE people who's so-called "Rights" are being impinged, and whites are so guity for fucking up this world, they shoudl be punished! destroy their heritage

--------------------
Opinions are like assholes; everyone needs one or else they'd explode

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#2409900 - 03/09/04 02:08 AM (20 years, 24 days ago)

You're allowed to call yourself a Priest, religions other than the catholic church have people called "priests".

You can't go around claiming you're a catholic priest, though. You also can't go around claiming you were married by the catholic church if you weren't.

But there's nothing wrong with letting gay people get married. "Marriage" isn't a word used exclusively for christian marriage. In some religions, it's not official until you've had sex, in others, it's not official until you've roasted a donkey. Legally, you just need to pay the fee and sign the paper.

--------------------

InvisibleJohan Shultz
no title

Loc: UTOPIA
Re: California School District Bans Iron Cross [Re: Phluck]
    #2409937 - 03/09/04 02:42 AM (20 years, 24 days ago)

Hey guys its all crap.
Check this out. This DJ played this weekend in our small town.............topless. I know I'm such a hick, but it was peretty cool :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2:
http://tuesdae.com/

--------------------

Edited by Johan Shultz (03/09/04 02:43 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds