Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: being careful about beliefs... [Re: Frog]
    #2400671 - 03/03/04 10:24 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

I respect your beliefs, even though I have questioned them. Like MM said, it's just how people are.

I hope you don't leave or stop posting in this forum.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesakura
Aussie Expat

Loc: Japan
Re: being careful about beliefs... [Re: kaiowas]
    #2400697 - 03/03/04 10:30 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

We need you Frog!

I would like to think that there's room for everyone here. (I find it interesting to converse with people who see things differently from me).

There are some great contributors in this forum. Even if I don't agree with everyone, I still respect what you have to say and am glad you are here (I am made richer by your presence).

I try to be careful in my posts as I don't know a lot about most things. Generally, I stick to expounding my own point of view and refrain from commenting on other's (except to draw an occasional comparison...).

While I am very secure in my own faith, I am still learning (and always will be) who God is and why He does some of the stuff that He does... I have found that God can exist outside of traditional dogma and a forum like this is a great place to hear some interesting views of God and the Universe in general.

I agree that this is an unusual forum for traditional 'Christian debate'... This is the Sprirtuality forum of a mushroom enthusiast's site and, therefore, not a place where you would expect to find too many 'traditional' Christian folk. The best approach, I feel, is to love everyone you meet here and trust 'The Big Guy' to handle any conversion work Himself...

--------------------
Shrooms aren't everyone's cup of tea... (Some folks just eat 'em)

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: being careful about beliefs... [Re: sakura]
    #2400713 - 03/03/04 10:33 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

I stick to expounding my own point of view

Hey now, I already worked "expound" into one of my posts today. You're going to have to find your own word.

When I tried to spell own, I type one. It was weird.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: being careful about beliefs... [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2401093 - 03/04/04 01:04 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Ed and Sakura, I'm not talking about people just discussing, as you guys did, the beliefs. I'm talking about making fun of beliefs.

Funny thing, but I went back through the threads that contained some of the kinds of things I was talking about, but they were no longer there.

But I found these, which contained the same thing:

Quote:

These people site the bible like it's some kind of scientific journal. I could write down a bunch of fairytales and personal philosophy and call it a religion as well. I am completely at a loss of words for these same people that refuse to accept the extremely *convincing* scientific evidence for evolution. Instead placing their beliefs on some great ark in a big hurricane just because there are a few passages in the bible that say it. I wish these people would take a closer look at ALL of the bible so they'd see some of the other silly passages. But if that happened I suppose they might lose their faith. Apparently its better to have some beliefs, even if they are blind.

Quote:

No need to focus on the superstitious nonsense about him being the one and only begotten son of God.

Quote:

it is much, much easier to superficially worship a dead man

Quote:

No need to focus on the superstitious nonsense about him being the one and only begotten son of God.

There were other posts along the same lines, but they are gone now. Hmmm.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Frog]
    #2401137 - 03/04/04 01:15 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: being careful about beliefs... [Re: ]
    #2401170 - 03/04/04 01:25 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

What if I came on this forum and said it was nonsense that you all take shrooms to have hallucinations, or "insights", or whatever it is you take shrooms for?

What if I came on this forum and said that Bhudda was a fat fuck who just spouted off shit?

What if I came on this forum and said that atheists are evil-doers? That because they don't believe what I believe, they are silly and have no concept of their larger purpose in life?

What if I came on this forum and said that people who believe in ANYTHING are believing in fairy tales?

I may not believe what you believe, but I don't make fun of you or use insulting language to make my point in my discussions about the beliefs of others.

I can understand bringing up points that contradict what a Christian believes about the bible, but saying things like "nonsense", and some of the other words I saw in the posts that were deleted, and in the parts I quoted, are not necessary for a discussion and are actually counter-productive.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Frog]
    #2401206 - 03/04/04 01:39 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: being careful about beliefs... [Re: ]
    #2401219 - 03/04/04 01:47 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Some of the harsher posts are gone. They were deleted by "someone". I know that this happens because the other night, one of my posts was deleted. I can't remember off the top of my head what one of the posts said, but it was pretty insulting. Worse than what I cited.

But here's my main point. As I stated somewhere else, maybe on this thread, I am one of those unfortunate few that feels connected to people on an internet forum. I feel like I am part of a family. Then, when my "family" uses words like "nonsense" to describe things I believe in, I feel hurt. I'm sorry about that.

I don't mind discussion, but I definitely mind words that are derogatory. Something I believe might very well be nonsense, and although I'm embarassed to find out I've been believing is nonsense, I would rather have it pointed out. But don't you appreciate it when there is something stupid you've been doing and someone points it out nicely?

When people come here and just say things in a derogatory manner about my beliefs, I feel ashamed. If someone came to me and said the same thing of a similar substance in a nicer manner, I would listen and go check it out.

--------------------

Invisiblesakura
Aussie Expat

Loc: Japan
Re: being careful about beliefs... [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2401253 - 03/04/04 02:01 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

SpecialEd said:
Quote:

I stick to expounding my own point of view

Hey now, I already worked "expound" into one of my posts today.  You're going to have to find your own word. 

:lol:  How about...  explain, illustrate, comment upon.... (render intelligible)

Take your pick  (except for 'render intelligible'...  that one's always been beyond me).

--------------------
Shrooms aren't everyone's cup of tea... (Some folks just eat 'em)

OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
    #2402131 - 03/04/04 10:29 AM (20 years, 28 days ago)

As I said, if you want a "family" that won't question your beliefs, a Christian-only forum is probably best for you. I know you're sensitive to people appearing to attack you, so you may want to stay off forums where people can disagree with each other.

I agree with Fiend that it would be fine for you to make your claims (except for the "fat fuck" one) as long as you had something to back it up. You claim the harsh posts were deleted, but unless they came & went within hours, I probably read 'em when they were posted & I don't remember seeing anything that was out of the realm of fair debate. Maybe they weren't "nice" enough for your taste, but this isn't supposed to be a G-rated site & I think the mods have done a good job of stepping in when things get out of control.

Also, how is telling me I'm going to Hell 'cause I don't share your beliefs any better than me saying the Bible is nonsense?

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: being careful about beliefs... [Re: sakura]
    #2402282 - 03/04/04 10:58 AM (20 years, 28 days ago)

How about "pontificate." Even more pompous than expound.

--------------------

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

#2402571 - 03/04/04 12:18 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

I want someone to knock my beliefs down or add to them. Yes, believe it or not, I'm not so stuck on my beliefs as a Christian

(this is from "Why I hate Christians")

Quote:

Discussing religion is like discussing politics or abortion. Each side has a point of view. Why not just share your POV, nicely, and move on? Why do people feel that they have to convince others that they're wrong?

Frog, you seem a bit confused if I may say...

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: being careful about beliefs... [Re: kaiowas]
    #2403291 - 03/04/04 03:14 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

"But here's my main point. As I stated somewhere else, maybe on this thread, I am one of those unfortunate few that feels connected to people on an internet forum. I feel like I am part of a family. Then, when my "family" uses words like "nonsense" to describe things I believe in, I feel hurt. I'm sorry about that. "

:frown:

hey, why do you feel bad??  these ideas....they aren't you.  they are just "your" ideas.

your personality, your ideas, all are not a part of you...these are just ideas afterall.

no reason to EVER feel bad about them.  never be ashamed, that's what this place is for.  don't seperate yourself from us even moreso now just because your idea is different than ours.  I don't ever feel ashamed when someone makes fun of what I believe in. 

besides, it's just a beliefs, it's what they are, just that.  they are taught not learned, they can even more so be changed just by making an agreement in your head to change them, so they must not really be who YOU ARE. 

in this respect, feeling ashamed is a waste of energy IMHO.

let's stop identifying with these be;iefs, but rather start looking at them from all angels.  when you identify with a belief, you put a blind fold on to what really might be happening.

this post wasnt about question beliefs, or even queestioning others who do.  It's about starting conversation from a different point of view. 

we can discuss religion no problem, but frog, unless they attack you personally getting offended gets no where.  you do just as much damage when you take offence as when you give it. we can debate over an issue, and keep our egos at a minimum.  we all really only ask questions here. 

I asked anyone, what is the source of truth?  or better yet, where do we see truth in our daily lives.

let's start there shall we  :grin:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlinefirstrays
Title? We don'need nosteeenkingtitle!
Male

Loc: TX
    #2403667 - 03/04/04 05:09 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Frog said:
What if I came on this forum and said it was nonsense that you all take shrooms to have hallucinations, or "insights", or whatever it is you take shrooms for?
What if I came on this forum and said that Bhudda was a fat fuck who just spouted off shit?
What if I came on this forum and said that atheists are evil-doers? That because they don't believe what I believe, they are silly and have no concept of their larger purpose in life?
What if I came on this forum and said that people who believe in ANYTHING are believing in fairy tales?

1. What caused you to seek out a board of people that ingest mushrooms, if you do not yourself participate in the same rituals/recreations? I must admit that I am not familiar with your posts, or who you even are... so don't feel the least obligated to answer that question if you don't want to.
2. Anyone that has studied the bhudda would know that the statues are not true likeness', and he was not fat.
3. Evil doers? What is evil about not following a religion? And whoever said we had a purpose in life?
4. It's all stories... call them fairy tales, won't hurt my feelings, because I know that all religious parables are stories used to teach, not neccesarily "the gods honest truth".

--------------------
Everybody knows you love me baby, everybody knows that you really do. Everybody knows that you've been faithfull, awww, give or take a night or two.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder