Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShaker
Re: Newbies and Experts READ!!!
    #24018 - 07/12/00 02:10 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Try covering the perlite with plastic wrap? You might also want to try cold shocking and then raising the heat to 80-82 or so. What strain is this bug growing?

Shaker

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Newbies and Experts READ!!! [Re: Shaker]
    #24020 - 07/12/00 09:43 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Right now he has one Thai cake, and one EQ cake in there. A PF, and another thai on the way, and three PF's later on down the road. But it has been almost two weeks on the first two cakes, and still no sign of pins. Cold shocking is a good idea, but this thing won't fit in the fridge.

OfflineVision Quest
enthusiast
    #24021 - 07/12/00 12:12 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

I'm no expert, but I remember hearing that your bug can just put some bags of ice in the grow chamber to cold shock. Aparently you only need to lower the temp by 20 degrees or so to get the desired effect. Somebody tell him the truth if I'm misinformed.

------------------
I need a better signature.

--------------------
[red]PLEASE MAKE THE FUCKING SIGNATURES LONGER. I HAVE A GOOD QUOTE I WANT TO USE!!![/red]

Anonymous

#24022 - 07/14/00 07:01 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Well, went ahead and cased those two cakes after I saw Shaker's results. Thanks for the tips dudes...

Anonymous

#24023 - 07/14/00 11:41 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

I was thinking a great way to shock the cakes, if you're using a humidifier, is to put some icewater in it. Make sure you have a temp guage in the terarium and sit in fron of the Air Conditioner and see if that takes the temp down enough, if not the ice water thing might be a good idea. Just a silly little idea of mine though...never tried it or anything...

OfflineDan
    #24024 - 07/15/00 12:20 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

For one I dont hink that the cakes are being exposed to too much humidity, the only problem may be too little air exchange. For cubensis, simply fan out the perlite- humidifed terrarium twice a day.(No more than 5 times a day)

How long have the cakes been in the terrarium? Fruitification does take a week or more to START. Pinning occurs at a minimum of 5 days or so of the mycelium being in correct fruiting conditions. BUT be patient, as this is the phase that it is important to uderstand to know that often people confuse helping the mushroom to fruit with changeing conditions. If you shock the myelium too much by moving it around, bumping it, heating it up etc, from simply trying to help it, you will only delay fruiting. Just give it the right conditions, and let it do it's thing. It is not very often that too little is done at this phase, and you may be simply doing too much of what you think the fungus needs to fruit. Just be patient and fruiting should occur.

The temperature sounds right, as cubensis can adapt to fdruit in conditions anywhere from 65 to 85 degrees.

------------------
Visit My website!
http://titan.spaceports.com/~spore/

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale