Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineamorpheus
the world isspinning in myhand...

brown rice cakes ...
    #2401695 - 03/04/04 08:12 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

I bought a growing kit in the market and it had a layer of perlite a layer of whole brown rice and a layer of verm on top...
I placed it in a warm terrarium and it fruited a lot , when it ended the first flush I dunk it on spring water in the fridge for 24 hrs, cleared the old verm on top and replaced it for a brand new one and put it back to the terrarium, after one and 1/2 days the shrooms pinheads are starting to show again.
I'm planning on after this fruiting to cut the cake into small little pieces and spread it into various brown rice cakes ready to be colonized with a proper casing, would I have faster colonization like this?
I transfered a bit of mycelium from this cake straight into new brf sterile cakes and after 2 weeks i can see the mycelium growing very well from just a bit I collected with a tweezers( after sterelized)and there are no signs of any contamination :grin:this is my first experience growing shrooms and I'm very pleased with the results,though sometimes I have to be a bit more patient,this is a cool hobby!,let me know your opinion guys...and thanks for all the feedback!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLoki
Ferret Farmer
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: brown rice cakes ... [Re: amorpheus]
    #2401845 - 03/04/04 09:01 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Yes, sure it can work if all is very clean.
You should take a few spore prints as back up though.

Well done on your first grow :thumbup:

Offlineamorpheus
the world isspinning in myhand...

Re: brown rice cakes ... [Re: Loki]
    #2401883 - 03/04/04 09:12 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

I do..I have loads of spores in serynges ready for inoccuation, anyone wants some Mexican strain for exchange? just send me a msg with address...it's the only strain i have so far, i have some tampanensis but it's just starting for now, can see the mycelium coming through very slowly..

Edited by amorpheus (03/04/04 09:26 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract