Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: Sclorch]
    #2399134 - 03/03/04 03:09 PM (20 years, 30 days ago)

Nah...We're not Olympians, nor are we Luciferian in pride. We're actually pretty down-to-Earth. I mean, we discuss things between us at home like I go on about at the Shroomery, but we grocery shop and clean house together. My Lady does most of the food preparation, but I do all the painting and plastering, yard and pool work, basic plumbing and electrical myself, so I'm just as comfortable at The Home Depot as in a post-grad university teaching gig. C.G. Jung lived in a tower (not ivory ) at Bollingen, but he built the thing with his own hands. His work is applicable to real-life too.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: ]
    #2400121 - 03/03/04 07:29 PM (20 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Flat out I am addicted to this place.

Quote:

First things first, the primary root of my presence here at the Shroomery comes from lack of things to do.

Amen

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #2401365 - 03/04/04 03:40 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Well, I don't post too much, particularly. I think this is about my 500th post in 3 years, but for the most part I've only used S&P forum to post within. When I found the Shroomery I was tripping on acid at least every week and having psychedelic experiences I wanted to share. Also, I was reading up on a lot of authors in the psychedelic scene and hoped to have in depth discussion of their works. That never worked well. I still like to check up on the site and post some experiences now and then. That's about it.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #2401375 - 03/04/04 03:49 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

wow, that will be 4 years in 2 more months, it seems. let's see... 4 years ago i was reading . i was a philosophy/psychology major, living in the dorms, had recently dropped 500mcg of LSD, was reading _The Psychedelic Experience_ and Tim Leary's _Exopsychology_ ....

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2403132 - 03/04/04 02:37 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

I post in this forum because it is a nexus of information of sorts.

First off, I find it fun. Intriguingly interesting. I love to have people provoke thought every moment. This is all about thoughts and people out to provoke meaningful, intelligent thought. On a wide spectrum and in a variety of ways, every sentence is full of that person's thought and their motivation to provoke thoughts of the same in others.

It is stimulating. Mentally stimulating, and in a refreshing down-to-Earth way. It pokes the mind all over, acting as the catalyst to an explosion (hehe, I believe someone already used this term, but I will too! hehehe) of flows of thoughts in all directions.

This place fostered my spiritual growth. This place serves as a powerful tool for self reflection and definitely allows one to consider different perspectives. I don't have to consider who I am or who I've been when I'm making these posts, although there IS at least somewhat of a personality that leaks itself through our posts.. wouldn't have it any other way! :grin:

The only challenge I keep in mind when I post is that I have an understanding of the perspectives the rest of you are going to bring into my posts.. who will say what to what, generally. It makes me think more on my own while I'm replying and allows me to really get a handle on my own thoughts...

The community, the ideas, the flows of thoughts and the vantage points and perspectives all interacting and creating this awesome Experience... We are all parts of one entity that is considering ideas, just like we do in our own head. We add and we contribute and we check and balance and we evolve these packages of ideas. We have a symbiotic relationship here with each other, we all give and we all further ourselves for it...

And of course, what we get out of it is what we seek to get out of it and somewhat what we put into it. Etc. etc. etc. This place rules all. :mushroom2:

:nut:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #2403605 - 03/04/04 04:49 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

>When you see a topic that is either spiritual or philosophical and you reply, why?
-When I post in here it's usually a reply; a rebuttle to something I read that made me slap my forehead.

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
    #2404190 - 03/04/04 07:44 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

I post here (sometimes) because if I say something really stupid but couch it in obscure vernacular while throwing in some references to things I heard on the X-Files, someone may actually think I'm intelligent. That makes me feel good.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2405604 - 03/05/04 02:01 AM (20 years, 28 days ago)

Interesting, fun, educational & therapeutic for the whole family at a depth previously restricted before the advent of the net. People learning about themselves, each other and their environment thru the interaction of differing perspectives.
A coming together of minds; a progressive experience; and a community service.

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #2407197 - 03/08/04 01:09 PM (20 years, 25 days ago)

So, if you don't mind my asking, where are you now?

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #2407635 - 03/08/04 03:07 PM (20 years, 25 days ago)

I also got bored at the other forums because I'm a loser with nothing else to do and read everything that interested me in the other forums.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder