Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Should the Shroomery add a Chemistry forum?
    #2334857 - 02/14/04 03:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

In the world of mind altering substances every ethogen is in reality A chemical.
As we are all aware, when we take a natural growing ethogen, it is not the plant that brings on an altered state of mind, but the chemical within the plant.

Clearly a greater understanding of the processes and methods of preparing and extracting these chemicals, even on a basic level, would be beneficial to those that use them.

In order to further the understanding of whet we put into our bodies, I believe that a Chemistry Forum would be greatly beneficial to this community, and that one should be added.

what do you say?
Chemistry forum?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (02/14/04 12:00 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Should the Shroomery add a Chemistry forum? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2334939 - 02/14/04 04:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

why the hell not? the more people who can cook up some acid the better.

Offlinellamaboy
the weasel thatsnagged the bee

Loc: Portland PNW
Re: Should the Shroomery add a Chemistry forum? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #2335233 - 02/14/04 05:59 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

of course, there is a site that not many people know about that deals exclusivly with chemistry and synth methods...it's not well known and i'd like to keep it that way...they go through many synthesis, and it's a message board where people can collaborate...i think that the shroomery is too large to support something like that, as there would be many legal issues...people talking about the synthesis of LSD and such and giving out information that could be deemed illegal. not to mention possible lawsuits if something were to go wrong and someone did attmept to synth something and died or was maimed...who doy ou think they would go after? the shroomery of course...people don't blame themselves, only the people that "told" them what to do.

i think that a chemistry forum on this site would be a bad idea, unless certain strict rules were followed.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Should the Shroomery add a Chemistry forum? [Re: llamaboy]
    #2337424 - 02/15/04 01:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i wish evrybody payed attention in chemistry class and gained enough experience to make acid.
then i wish they would all try some and get turned on to it, then i wish they would learn to make it, and make lots of it and go on a non-profit distribution mission, saturating society with it so tha anybody could pick up a sheet for $50 or so, of the adventurous could aqquire a mg packed into a gel. :smile: i would do it. once....

Anonymous

#2337468 - 02/15/04 01:19 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i think you need to do a little more than just pay attention in chem class to make LSD.

:thumbdown: to a chemistry forum anyway. this is the shroomery.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Should the Shroomery add a Chemistry forum? [Re: ]
    #2337494 - 02/15/04 01:31 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

>this is the shroomery.

Exactly.
And this is www.rhodium.ws

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#2339919 - 02/16/04 02:09 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was just thinking that would be a good idea. You've gotta wonder though if that would put us more in the spotlight of the govenment if we had a forum like that. I doubt they're that worried about people growing mushrooms for personal use. You start talking about synthesizing LSD or meth and I bet we'll get some unneeded attention from the feds.

OfflineBasidiocarp
Dr. BunsenHoneydew
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rogue's Island, USA
Re: Should the Shroomery add a Chemistry forum? [Re: Gumby]
    #2339972 - 02/16/04 02:52 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I wholeheartedly agree. There are other venues out there where aspiring chemists can get together and chat should they desire to do so. Creating such a forum on the Shroomery is like putting up a huge blaring neon sign that says, "OFFICER PLEASE LOOK HERE."

I think that providing links to other websites is enough.

--------------------
"...if the mind is actually part of a continuum, a labyrinth that is connected not only to every other mind that exists or has existed, but to every atom, organism, and region in the vastness of space and time itself, the fact that it is able to occasionally make forays into the labyrinth and have transpersonal experiences no longer seems so strange."

Visit the Psychonautical Society

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: Should the Shroomery add a Chemistry forum? [Re: Gumby]
    #2339990 - 02/16/04 03:08 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

GumbyDude said:
You start talking about synthesizing LSD or meth and I bet we'll get some unneeded attention from the feds.

Yes, and this, among many other well-thought-out, reasons is exactly why I am against such an idea...

I also don't want The Shroomery to be morally responsible for all of the second-rate chemists such an endeavor would invariably spin off. The chemistry of drugs meant for human consumption is serious business, and far outside of our mission statement. :smile:

Sorry, to those who want such a thing. I do appreciate your desires in the matter, but I am dead-set against it, as I think the other admins are as well...

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Should the Shroomery add a Chemistry forum? [Re: Papaver]
    #2340963 - 02/16/04 12:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

The chemistry of drugs meant for human consumption is serious business, and far outside of our mission statement.

and what might i ask is our misson statment pappy?

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
    #2341218 - 02/16/04 01:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Don't bring up mission statement bullshit when half the forums here have nothing to do with our mission statement.

Quote:

mushmaster said:
:thumbdown: to a chemistry forum anyway. this is the shroomery.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#2341926 - 02/16/04 03:28 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Mission statement:
This site was created to help stop the spread of dangerous misinformation related to magic mushrooms, so that people can make intelligent and informed decisions about what they put in their bodies.

Offlinellamaboy
the weasel thatsnagged the bee

Loc: Portland PNW
    #2343289 - 02/16/04 08:37 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

all i have to say if you have chem experience and want to tlak to others about...become a member of the beeeeeehivveee...they know their shit..and most are real chemists...it is the most extensive place where you can find out how to do anything. i can't give the URL because, for one...i don't want a lot of people going there and bringing attention to it...if you know what it is, then you are already ahead of the game...this site should not have a chem forum. there are too many people who claim to know things, and what they say is complete shite. the one site devoted to chemical synthesis is the best. there is no need for it to be here.

Anonymous

#2343962 - 02/16/04 11:20 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I also don't want The Shroomery to be morally responsible for all of the second-rate chemists such an endeavor would invariably spin off. The chemistry of drugs meant for human consumption is serious business, and far outside of our mission statement.

i think that sums it up pretty nicely.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#2352857 - 02/19/04 12:22 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yup, yall are right, although i want to learn there are forums in place for it allready

--------------------
PEACE

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#2356135 - 02/19/04 06:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I am very fond of psychedelic synthetics.

The 4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine formerly known as 2CB for instance absolutely qualifies as a 21th century psychedelic. If you live in a country where 2CB (or its analogues 2CC and 2CI) is legal and you deem trying a novel psychedelic a calculated risk you might want to give it a try.
It is radically different from mushrooms: you tend to be more centered but the visuals are very rich and beautiful and you are often more in unsion with your body.

The alas near universally outlawed MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine) proved for me to be far from Ecstasy but it gave me a reference point as to the intensities joy can reach and its social and friendship-deepening effects in especially forest settings changed my life and i'm immensely grateful to have known it.

But nontheless i voted "NO".
The Shroomery is the SHROOMery and it really should stay that way. Mushrooms are in my view the most valuable of the Big Three.(Psilocybin, LSD and Mescaline) And: anyone who gives it an afternoons read can learn to grow Psilocybe Cubensis mushrooms, turning a tablespoon of birdseed into a pure, non-adulterated psychedelic capable of  changing your life for the better, as well as produce an unlimited number of spores. You can buy some tabs of this or that, but will be uncertain you got what you wanted and vastly more important if it is not accompanied by toxic byproducts and if one microdot isnt 25x stronger/weaker then the other.

Not so with mushrooms: with almost no effort at all (even without a pressure cooker if you use methods like PF-TEK) just about anybody can make some spawnjars that can be used to inoculate things like pasturized straw for Cubensis or woodchips for outdoor forest Azurescens/Stuntzii growing.

This will, with some practice, give rise to a pure reliable psychedelic free of chemical residues and tons of spores meaning you get all the clean, pure psychedelics you'll ever need at give-away prices making you get yours independent of illicit drug trade, reducing the chance of you getting busted, you WILL be getting the real thing AND not be a part of the illegal drugs trade fueling the War On Drugs that saps economies, robs people of their godgiven rights, sprays whole nations with pesticides and deals a million years of mandatory minimum prison sentences in less then 5 years time in the US alone.
The government should cheer personal-use growing, I mean that!

This site should be all about Mushrooms :mushroom2: as there are lots and lots of great sites that deal with general psychedelics. The tragic death of Brandon that nearly levelled this community was due to a lonely uninformed kid popping hard drugs like M&Ms, while the Shroomery really is all about advocating responsibility and informedness regarding the topic, not use, of the magic mushrooms that have been holy sacraments of many tribes and peoples for thousands of years.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2397354 - 03/03/04 06:30 AM (20 years, 30 days ago)

I think the other drugs forum is enough. By the way, the question is not whether all the drugs we eat are chemical or not but whether it is more natural for us to consume plants or extracted chemicals. I think the way nature intended it it would be good, the way humans fuck around with earth fucks us up.

Weed flowers in its own time, mushrooms grow in their own time, I dont know about cactii... but lsd is possible to take naturally at one very special time a year when the due drops on ergot contain a fine concentration of lsd. Nature doesnt intend to fuck us up and it doesnt, what people do with nature has in many cases fucked us up. Chemicals should not exist in my opinion.
Wow... I'm trailing way off here... anyway, these were 2 cents.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Should the Shroomery add a Chemistry forum? [Re: filthysock]
    #2401112 - 03/04/04 01:09 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Ergot contains lysergic acids but I'm sure it never contains lysergic acid diethylamide
Quote:

Chemicals should not exist in my opinion.

Therefore you should not exist (in your opinion)

Anonymous

Re: Should the Shroomery add a Chemistry forum? [Re: zeta]
    #2401245 - 03/04/04 01:59 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

ppl discuss chemistry anyways so why not make a forum for it if ppl want it....OTD has nothing to do with the mission statement yet it exists

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck