Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
6th grader gives 'shrooms to classmates
    #2400884 - 03/04/04 01:40 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.kobtv.com/index.cfm?viewer=storyviewer&id=8908&cat=NMTOPSTORIES

Parents upset student accused of distributing drugs allowed back in school

Last Update: 02/26/2004 1:10:30 PM
By: Kurt Christopher
Video

A sixth grade girl is suspended for taking hallucinogenic mushrooms to school and giving them to five of her classmates. Now the parents of those classmates want to know why the girl has been allowed back in school.

All six kids involved were suspended from Albuquerque?s Harrison Middle School for the February 10th incident. Parents of the five kids who accepted the mushrooms say their kids deserve to be punished, but they can?t believe the girl who distributed the drugs is back on campus.

?She handed two other girls the drugs,? said Debbie Gauna, whose daughter was suspended. ?My daughter put them in her hand. The other girl threw it away.?

All six students were suspended on grounds of possession of drugs on school property.

?I went down to the principal and he said he needed to teach them all a lesson,? said Terry Rael, who also had a daughter suspended.

Now, the parents are questioning if the lesson is the right one. Albuquerque Public Schools policy states that students in possession of drugs face three- to nine-day suspensions. Those who distribute drugs face suspensions of a minimum of ten days to the end of the school year.

According to an APS spokesman, Harrison Middle School?s principal wanted the girl who distributed the drugs to be suspended a long-term, but the district?s hearing officer did not approve and would not say why.

The parents of the five other students who possessed the drugs say that decision clearly breaks policy.

?It doesn?t make any sense at all,? said Rael. ?I don?t understand it.?

?APS is not doing their side when they say, ?You did this, you?re suspended, but all of you can come back, even the dealer,?? said Gauna.

Some parents did not allow their kids to go back to school Thursday, say they were worried what may happen to them since the girl who distributed the drugs was back in school as well.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Re: 6th grader gives 'shrooms to classmates [Re: motaman]
    #2400946 - 03/04/04 02:09 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I sure hope they werent my shrooms lmao!!!!

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2401474 - 03/04/04 07:14 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

> Some parents did not allow their kids to go back to school Thursday, say they were worried what may happen to them since the girl who distributed the drugs was back in school as well.

[soapbox to the parents]
Kids make mistakes. Get over your holy selves and ask why the !@#% your own kids were accepting these drugs. There should be a test before people are allowed to have kids.
[/soapbox]

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2401972 - 03/04/04 11:43 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Hi, I have a similar case at my site, in facr several similar cases. Her eis one I was just k looking at before I found this post.
Cannot find out what paper this was in or what news service provided it. ANy help here formt he news experts. Can someone search this for me.

see below

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Student expelled in drug incident

By BRENDAN KIRBY
Staff Reporter

ROBERTSDALE - Baldwin County school officials moved swiftly Monday against students who drank an illegal mushroom tea on Friday, expelling the boy who brought the drug to his middle school and suspending eight others who either drank it or knew about it.

Central Baldwin Middle School Principal Ronnie Green said he expelled the eighth-grader who brought the psychedelic mushroom tea into school because of the serious danger his actions posed to the youths. The boy also faces criminal drug-possession charges, he said.

Five other students - a boy and four girls - drank the tea. Green said he suspended them for 10 days.

Three other girls who knew about the drug use but lied to school officials when questioned were suspended for five days, Green said.

The mushroom tea sent three students to the hospital on Friday afternoon. Although all have been released, the incident has raised concern among school officials about a drug that is easily available and was popular during the 1960s and 1970s.

But law enforcement authorities said hallucinogenic mushrooms are less frequently used than other kinds of illegal drugs.

Green said the expelled 15-year-old has had a record of discipline problems throughout the year. He said the boy drank the tea in the morning and then shared it with some of his classmates in the rest room between classes.

School administrators noticed a problem around 11:30 a.m. when one of the girls came to the office complaining she was sick and wanted to go home. She was acting "spacey" and asked where she was, Green said.

In a trash can, school officials found a fruit jar that contained the liquid. Green said administrators identified three girls who had not drank the liquid, but who knew about the situation.

We knew they knew about it, and they all pretty much lied," he said. Green said the campus routine was back to normal Monday, although he added that he plans to have counselors warn students of the dangers of psychedelic mushrooms and include the narcotic in the school's drug education program. Mushrooms were not previously included in the curriculum, he said.

"This is probably a one-time thing. It did scare some kids. I think we've seen the last of it. At least, I hope we have," he said.

Green said he does not know where the boy got the mushrooms, or where he learned to brew them into tea. A quick check of several Internet search engines shows numerous World Wide Web sites advertising how to grow psychedelic mushrooms.

The wild fungi grow naturally in cow manure throughout Alabama. The mushrooms contain hallucinogenic chemicals - psilocybin and psilocin - that cause effects similar to alcoholic beverages and LSD, according to experts.

Authorities said the wild mushrooms also can cause liver damage.

"The thing about this that concerns me ... this is deadly. This can kill you," said Baldwin schools spokesman Randy Davis. "We need to have kids understand what this can do."

Davis and others said reports of deaths dampened use of mushrooms about 25 years ago. He said Baldwin schools have seen little evidence of their popularity in recent times.

"The last time I saw mushrooms was in the '70s," said Green, who added that he is more concerned about prescription drugs and other substances available to students at home.

Baldwin County Sheriff's Lt. Lance Monley agreed psychedelic mushrooms are not as common as marijuana and other drugs, although he did say that farmers from time to time complain about trespassing teen-agers looking for mushrooms in their pastures.

"If you get the wrong mushroom, you'll have problems," said Monley, who heads the Baldwin County Drug Task Force.

Dameon Hutto, a forensic scientist in the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences' drug chemical section, said he does not know how often police find illegal mushrooms. But he said they rarely send them to the lab for analysis.

"I think I've seen it twice in four years," he said.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

mjshroomer

Offlinethe man
still tappin caps

Loc: C A N A D A
Re: 6th grader gives 'shrooms to classmates [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2405874 - 03/06/04 02:24 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

some parents i honestly dont think. they dont relize that it coudl be there child kciked out. if u kick a kid out of school in the 6 grade it will be next to impossible for them to get through highschool college ect.

in 6 grade its amazing she even knew what they were. i thought it coudl have been a mistake.

--------------------
http://www.fsrc.caand FSRE are now accepting edible/medicinal spores. please donate

And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Edited by the man (03/06/04 02:25 AM)

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Loc: pass the gates of hell 2 ...
Re: 6th grader gives 'shrooms to classmates [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2406733 - 03/08/04 01:36 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

liver damage wut kinda bull shit is that? or is that bullshit?

--------------------
Mice have feelings

Anonymous

Re: 6th grader gives 'shrooms to classmates [Re: JameZTheNewbie]
    #2407168 - 03/08/04 03:05 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Authorities said the wild mushrooms also can cause liver damage.

meaning that if you pick the wrong kind, they might be the wrong species (not cubensis or another psilocybian) and can cause liver damage. the story gives the impression that psilocybian mushrooms can give you liver damage, which is false.

incidentally, the danger of recieving misidentified mushrooms which may cause fatal liver damage is entirely created, or at least magnified enormously, by the fact that these mushrooms are prohibited, as is the probability that they will wind up in the hands of children. (drug dealers do not card and are not subject to FDA regulation).

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: 6th grader gives 'shrooms to classmates [Re: the man]
    #2408589 - 03/08/04 09:05 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

The Man said,
Quote:

in 6 grade its amazing she even knew what they were

If you go to my site and read the Washing news clippings you will notice that they grow her eon High School and grade school lawns, especially int he 1970s, they were on three quarters of every new lawn with sod int he city of Seattle. Kids know about them. On Maui Island in hawaii is Seabury Hall up in Makawao. After class the kids leave school and cross the street and go oonto the Makawao Rodeo grounds and pick Copelandia, their average age is 12 to 16. They too know of the shrooms. Here in Seattle, Rock stations annually anbnounce that the magic mushrooms are up and her ein Seattle we i even let you know about them int he local newspapers ev ery h year.

Here is a clipping frOm the Seattle newspaper on its 150th anniversary and they tell you of the shrooms he in Seattle, that is the magic shrooms here in Seattle.

mj

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service