Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemctaveesh
StrangerInAStrangeLand
Male

Re: I just spoke at an NA meeting and said how psychedelics helped me quit drugs! [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #24000200 - 01/11/17 04:11 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I'm sure after weed was legalized for a while and people were used to that. And people were used to hearing about Psilocybin & MDMA treating PTSD and curing addicitons and whatnot...

And everybody was well-educated about Psychedelics...

People would at least be open enough to the idea to benefit from it - If somebody is really struggling with addiciton, they would be able to go through it if they were educated and ready - What else have they got to lose?

At least from MDMA. I mean that shit works %100 if done right and isn't risky if done only a few times

--------------------

LogicaL Chaos said:
"humans are like cubes, lots of strains but cubes a cube. Not much difference really."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLoneLobo
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Miami, FL
Re: I just spoke at an NA meeting and said how psychedelics helped me quit drugs! [Re: SavageEdibles]
    #24000358 - 01/11/17 06:56 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

The same could be said of a motorcycle. Unstable. Could be the impetus of great joy and fun or complete destruction from which one will never recover.

This should not be reason to keep the public from making their own choices and using the item, whether psychedelics or motorcycles or alcohol or their prescription to pain killers, responsibly.

--------------------
"You are here for a reason. A purpose. You know this. You have always known."

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: I just spoke at an NA meeting and said how psychedelics helped me quit drugs! [Re: LoneLobo]
    #24000468 - 01/11/17 08:19 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SavageEdibles said:
Psychedelics are not stable. There is no reliability when it comes to using psychedelics, which are one of the strongest drugs.

One can have a bad trip or a good trip.
Its a roll of the dice.

Because it helped you quit addictive substances, is awesome, im sure its a great story. But that does not mean that it should be prescribed to the general populace to cure the same issue, as im sure it would be varied results.

Guess what? Nothing is stable because not everyone is stable. Just because something isnt 100 percent reliable doesnt mean its not the most effective method.

Prozac is very risky for people with depression. That doesnt stop doctors from trying it atleast once with every patient they see.

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

Invisibleoontribe
Male User Gallery

Re: I just spoke at an NA meeting and said how psychedelics helped me quit drugs! [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #24000486 - 01/11/17 08:34 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

stanislav grof used psychedelics to treat mental disorders and psychotic patients.

there is also iboga for heroin and opiates addiction.

OfflineSupachopped719
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I just spoke at an NA meeting and said how psychedelics helped me quit drugs! [Re: oontribe]
    #24000577 - 01/11/17 09:14 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

LSD is the secret 13th step to recovery. It's so secret that AA and NA have completely forgotten it and I've found that the people running meetings, in my area at least, were very resistant to psychedelics. Even coming to anger when it's brought up that the couple who started AA used lsd in their treatment.

--------------------
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies.

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: I just spoke at an NA meeting and said how psychedelics helped me quit drugs! [Re: spaceyvibess]
    #24000682 - 01/11/17 10:03 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

spaceyvibess said:
they can help some people but they are hardly a cure like you say. and they really have not been studied a lot. so again lets see youre sources :smile:

They have been shown to be roughly 8 to 10 times more effective for addictions than 12 Step.

They did studies where they analyzed the success rates of each method where LSD and Psilocybin had a success rate of 45 - 55% and traditional methods like 12 Step only had a success rate of about 5%.
And that's on the first go.

I didn't know there was people out there that didn't know psychedelics work better than any common method for curing addictions. Being politically correct does not make you look smart or mature it just makes you look politically correct.

Invisibleoontribe
Male User Gallery

Re: I just spoke at an NA meeting and said how psychedelics helped me quit drugs! [Re: AuroraBorealis88]
    #24000773 - 01/11/17 10:38 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I totally agree

Offlinespaceyvibess
Stranger
Re: I just spoke at an NA meeting and said how psychedelics helped me quit drugs! [Re: oontribe]
    #24000871 - 01/11/17 11:17 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Can I see the data? You keep saying there's study's but I wanna see them!

--------------------
and if you ask him how he sings his blues so well, he says " I got a soul that I wont sell"

Offlinetryptkaloids
Learner
I'm a teapot

Loc: Exact Center
Re: I just spoke at an NA meeting and said how psychedelics helped me quit drugs! [Re: spaceyvibess] * 1
    #24000923 - 01/11/17 11:42 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

do you know how to use a search engine?...

--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: I just spoke at an NA meeting and said how psychedelics helped me quit drugs! [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #24000997 - 01/11/17 12:05 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

:whathesaid:

Offlinespaceyvibess
Stranger
Re: I just spoke at an NA meeting and said how psychedelics helped me quit drugs! [Re: AuroraBorealis88]
    #24001164 - 01/11/17 01:20 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Yes and I didn't find any studies. You're saying that studies exist and that dropping acid is 25x more effective than rehab/aa and I don't believe you. If you're going around making outrageous claims that could potentially harm people you need to be able to back those claims up

--------------------
and if you ask him how he sings his blues so well, he says " I got a soul that I wont sell"

OfflineSpaceDawg
 User Gallery

Re: I just spoke at an NA meeting and said how psychedelics helped me quit drugs! [Re: spaceyvibess]
    #24001273 - 01/11/17 01:57 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

spaceyvibess said:
Yes and I didn't find any studies. You're saying that studies exist and that dropping acid is 25x more effective than rehab/aa and I don't believe you. If you're going around making outrageous claims that could potentially harm people you need to be able to back those claims up

Spaceyvibess, Go check out all the work MAPS is doing.

Here is a list of some of the studies already conducted pertaining to addiction treatment. you can read the findings on their website if you want.

-Ayahuasca in the Treatment of Substance Abuse
-Ibogaine Treatment Study with Addiction
-Ketamine Psychedelic Therapy in the Treatment of Heroin Addiction

And in progress is Psilocybin-Facilitated Addiction Treatment

There is loads of other research pertaining to the psychotherapy of psychedelics they are doing as well. which is equally important I believe.

The Psychedelic experience is a wonderful tool when used properly. Which we have known forever. It's just nice to see these scientific studies finally backing it up.

--------------------
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Offlinetryptkaloids
Learner
I'm a teapot

Re: I just spoke at an NA meeting and said how psychedelics helped me quit drugs! [Re: SpaceDawg] * 1
    #24001316 - 01/11/17 02:10 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

just "dropping acid" isn't going to fix your addiction. but coupled with psychotherapy psychedelics have great potential for helping overcome addiction.  ... addiction is incurable. all you can do is go into remission.

--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage

Offlinespaceyvibess
Stranger
    #24001338 - 01/11/17 02:17 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I follow maps and I'm aware that psychedelics can help with addiction but It's flat out irresponsible to tell people that aa and rehab are bullshit and that eating shrooms or acid is the most effective treatment in the world. Yes doing psychedelics with months of psychotherapy could help a lot of people with addiction but auroraborealis is trying to make it seem like dropping acid is25x more effective than existing treatment. Yes there are flaws with existing treatment but as an addict who is currently sober I can tell you that dropping acid didn't help me or anyone else I know get sober.

--------------------

Offlinetryptkaloids
Learner
I'm a teapot

#24001379 - 01/11/17 02:28 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

that doesn't mean it couldn't... don't you get it? treatment is about thought processes. taking acid is more effective because it makes you think differently, I don't think AA can make you want to treat your body right as much as LSD or Psilocybin does. it's the introspective one needs.. that is obtained differently for everyone

--------------------

OfflineSpaceDawg
 User Gallery

#24001418 - 01/11/17 02:37 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

:whathesaid:

--------------------
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Offlinespaceyvibess
Stranger
Re: I just spoke at an NA meeting and said how psychedelics helped me quit drugs! [Re: SpaceDawg]
    #24001445 - 01/11/17 02:46 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I don't disagree I'm just stating that it's dangerous advice to tell mentally unstable and possibly mentally ill addicts that conventional treatment is bullshit and that taking street drugs in an uncontrolled environment is 25x more effective. I don't go to aa meetings anymore but it is a wonderful thing. You don't have to agree with everything they say but they no what you are going through and you will walk out of you're first meeting with 30+ phone numbers of people that you can call 24/7 when you need help

--------------------

Offlinespaceyvibess
Stranger
    #24001453 - 01/11/17 02:48 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

And I never said it couldn't. The burden of proof is on the guy stating that lsd is 25x more effective but is unwilling to provide a source. I would still like to see the source. I fully believe psychedelics are medicine but if you're going to make claims that it's 25x more effective than conventional treatment you need to be prepared to back that up

--------------------

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#24001473 - 01/11/17 02:57 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SavageEdibles said:
I am so anti-drug now, I drink Decaf coffee....seriously.

Willpower and assistance from above.

You say that yet here you are at a forum about using drugs. Psychedelics are not for everyone, they weren't for you, bad trips can happen in a perfect set and setting, that's life. I am happy you got over your addiction, but if you're so anti tripping perhaps you shouldn't be posting in a forum that's about tripping. Tripping doesn't cure everything and for some people they get mentally traumatized and damaged from the experience, we all understand that. He has his opinion and you have yours.

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

Loc: 7 Lodges Nation Flag
Re: I just spoke at an NA meeting and said how psychedelics helped me quit drugs! [Re: Supachopped719]
    #24001504 - 01/11/17 03:11 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Supachopped719 said:
LSD is the secret 13th step to recovery. It's so secret that AA and NA have completely forgotten it and I've found that the people running meetings, in my area at least, were very resistant to psychedelics. Even coming to anger when it's brought up that the couple who started AA used lsd in their treatment.

LSD was seen by one of the co-founders of AA, Bill Wilson, as a possible tool to help alcoholics recover. He took it as well as several in his inner circle and saw great promise in it's use. Soon after the feds schedule 1'd it and the whole thing was dropped.

He wrote about it in "As Bill Sees it" one of the AA publications. He was ridiculed and pushed aside by many of his peers because of his use of a "mind altering substance" to help with addiction. I find it pretty messed up that the man who started the most successful recovery program ever...was ridiculed for having an open mind....something the program of AA says is required. Anyway, I am a sober alcoholic that applies the program of AA to my life and also takes mushroom breaks a couple times a year to reset my spirituality. I haven't had a drink in almost 18 years but I have only told a couple of my closest AA friends that I use mushrooms. Most people have the unfounded belief that these are recreational drugs and would not understand.:sunny::peace:

--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom