Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThe Mycologist
Explorer

Ayahuasca Ceremony=Disaster?
    #23999864 - 01/10/17 11:18 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

What's up everyone? I was just listening to a documentary on ayahuasca ceremonies and am now convinced that they are just all around not the best idea. The set and setting are so horrible, vomiting and gagging around a bunch of strangers while you listen to speech that you don't understand.

I understand that bad trips bring insights but I cant really get behind this.

Whats your take?

P.S. Here is the link

--------------------
"That you are here—that life exists, and identity;
That the powerful play goes on, and you will contribute a verse.”
― Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
:acidfire::tmckenna:

Edited by The Mycologist (01/10/17 11:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMinnesnowtaNice
FriendofHagrid
Male

Re: Ayahuasca Ceremony=Disaster? [Re: The Mycologist]
    #23999963 - 01/11/17 12:12 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Imo I think ayahuasca ceremonies are pretty useless.

I prefer to be solo on my trips and being around people makes me very uncomfortable.

When j do ayahuasca I'm going to do it with my best tripping mate and just go for it, everything I've read about it I think me and my friend could handle on our own.

Not Insanely hard to make by yourself either.

If you have extensive psychedelic experience on high doses of mushrooms I think ayahuasca could be handled by anyone who respects the substance.

--------------------
we are all thought forms in a cloud of synchronistic events.

OfflineThe Mycologist
Explorer

Re: Ayahuasca Ceremony=Disaster? [Re: MinnesnowtaNice]
    #23999991 - 01/11/17 12:36 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

The brew makes you vomit right? Why not just smoke DMT?

--------------------

OfflineMinnesnowtaNice
FriendofHagrid
Male

#24000017 - 01/11/17 12:46 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Well I've smoked DMT quite a few times now, I enjoy to smoke it quite a bit but I've never tried ayahuasca.

From what I understand it's extremely similar to a Freebase DMT trip, but just much longer around 4 hours. So basically you can pull more from the trip and gain deeper insights. It was somewhat hard to pull anything from my DMT experiences except for the one time I had a really deep trip, all of the others it's just too fast to process.

Yea from what I understand most will vomit from the brew.

--------------------
we are all thought forms in a cloud of synchronistic events.

OfflineGreentality
Observer of Life

#24000023 - 01/11/17 12:48 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

The purge is part of the classical ayahuasca experience. Whether you think it would be enjoyable or not, ceremonies are often times about healing. Purging the body is part of that healing process. To each his own, but with my experience, smoked dmt doesn't offer a substantial enough amount of time to get down to business and use the Medecine. It's a "flash" - as McKenna often calls it. I've been drawn to Aya every since my experimenting with DMT has started but never made it powerful enough. I often start getting into my "work" right as the comedown begins sadly - when the experience only lasts a few minutes.

Also from the viewers perspective, ceremonies look odd, but to the participant it's a very different experience. I have not heard of many folks who didn't get something valuable from a ceremony.

My input is based on a large collection of literature I've read on Aya, DMT, and my experience with the alkaloid.

--------------------
"Would you like to hear my secret?
You see, I dont mind what happens."

Offlinemaxpassin
Shwad Scientist
Male

Re: Ayahuasca Ceremony=Disaster? [Re: Greentality]
    #24000219 - 01/11/17 04:38 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I've been looking for this video for a while. Thanks for digging it up. :thumbup:

I gotta agree with greentality. It may look odd from a viewers perspective, but could be totally therapeutic and healing to the user (even if it looks terrifying af from another's perspective).

I have a friend who actually went down to south america and tripped with the shamans. He spent a few months preparing for it and learned as much about the experience as possible. That's how I came across the video. He said the experience was like no other. Experiencing it with a shaman made the world of a difference to him.

Offlinesynthetik
biological entity

Re: Ayahuasca Ceremony=Disaster? [Re: MinnesnowtaNice]
    #24000356 - 01/11/17 06:54 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

damn 4 hours? thats intense!

OfflineThe Mycologist
Explorer

Re: Ayahuasca Ceremony=Disaster? [Re: Greentality]
    #24000439 - 01/11/17 08:02 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I'm sure that people have healing experiences from the ceremonies but that healing is coming from the DMT itself.

Gagging and feeling nauseous is just going to make it hard for people to let go. They are going to keep being reminded that they have a body etc.

All in all, these ceremonies can be very powerful but that is because DMT is very powerful. We have to remember that these ceremonies are of folk nature and just because one group of people did it that way doesnt necessarily mean its the best way to go about it. All the tobacco blowing etc makes me start to doubt the necessity of all the steps, in the video they said DMT without these steps would not show any visionary aspects and I know that's not the case.

Couldn't you eat some sort of maoi and dmt that doesnt cause nausea?

--------------------

OfflineKinshino
Restful Soul
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: 5th Dimension
    #24000491 - 01/11/17 08:38 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I was just talking about this with someone yesterday. I'd have to say I'm against going to South America for ayahuasca ceremonies. Some of them are just out to get people's money. A three day ceremony could cost you as much as $2k.

The set and setting seems terrible as well. You are in a foreign atmosphere with bugs constantly attacking you while hearing every animal, including the need to purge and diarrhea.  I don't know about you, but all these combinations would make me have a bad trip.

Some shamans just let you wander in the forest at night, and people end up getting seriously hurt. There have been reports of people gone missing, there families worried about what happened.

Going to these ceremonies are very risky, and if you really wanna go to one, I suggest you do extensive research on the retreat that you're going to.

--------------------

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Ayahuasca Ceremony=Disaster? [Re: synthetik]
    #24000525 - 01/11/17 08:55 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

synthetik said:
damn 4 hours? thats intense!

It's not as intense as vaporized dmt, it's more like mushrooms, lsd, etc. If you vaped psilocin or lsd you would have a really intense experience for a short duration as well. It's all about the ROI.

Offlinedazzleship
Stranger

Re: Ayahuasca Ceremony=Disaster? [Re: krypto2000]
    #24000603 - 01/11/17 09:27 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I recently watched a prog on you tube called metamorphasis (excuse my lazy spelling)about a group in peru.one of the shaman is an american.anyway ,True to say.the whole thing,ceremony,rituals are hardcore.Not for larfs.
The guests seemed to get alot from it.However ,If i had the cash i wouldnt go.
I recently had a two week holiday on my own in Morocco .It did me a world of good .Also i smoked 2 grams of top quality hash every day, and the people were very nice.
I wonder if a break from the usual is as benefical as a week in the jungle chucking your guts up.
I can do that in my garden.lol.

Offlinedazzleship
Stranger

Re: Ayahuasca Ceremony=Disaster? [Re: dazzleship]
    #24000611 - 01/11/17 09:33 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Back on topic.I save my lungs for weed.Oral dmt for me.Had 5 g of ACRB this morning+.2 g.of rue.puked in the garden,went for a walk with the missus.
How much should i use for a breakthrough experience?So far im just getting mild visuals..

OfflineMike4aco
Soy el pinche guey
Male User Gallery

Loc: This third dimension
    #24000791 - 01/11/17 10:48 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I do ayahuasca ceremonies. It goes like this 2 or 3 people dosing at their own house. Their own people in the house. I brew it and get to know them more (I already know them im not dosing strangers but I mean on an intimate intellectual level) then after a lot of making sure everything is in the right place I give everyone their dose. No one is forced to take it all or not get enough or anything.  I try not to impose my will on someone else. After we are all comfortable we get purging bags and carry them around (only one guy purged so far) and very comfortably go into the trip, each person with their own zone of comfort.  You wanna sit by me and trip? Sure. You wanna trip in your own room? Sure. I just make sure to inconspicuously check up on people just make sure they are having a decent time. If they want to talk I let them. I never start conversation with tripping people.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#24000807 - 01/11/17 10:56 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

dazzleship said:
Back on topic.I save my lungs for weed.Oral dmt for me.Had 5 g of ACRB this morning+.2 g.of rue.puked in the garden,went for a walk with the missus.
How much should i use for a breakthrough experience?So far im just getting mild visuals..

Smoked and oral dmt are two totally different experiences. They both have their own pluses and minuses, but you can't really compare them. DMT isn't going to do anything significant to your lungs if that's all you're worried about.

Offlinedazzleship
Stranger

#24000843 - 01/11/17 11:07 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Sure.I have smoked the pot for 30 years.my lungs are fine.I have lived in the same place for 11 years.I havent met anyone like myself here.thats why i feel like a pariah.
I tried to make some dmt once.made a fucking mess everywhere with limonene I made some spice.IF i had smoked enuf it probably would have been awesome.
I would love to smoke some dmt.sorry about the sour grapes.
Also ,i would love to meet digital elves.People round these parts are really dull.

InvisibleSpellbound
PegasusTheFlyingHorse
Female User Gallery

Loc: England Flag
    #24000847 - 01/11/17 11:10 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I've yet to try ayah although I have all the ingredients here. The purge does put me off a little, but I know it's all part of it, and I believe it is a very cleansing part of the ceremony, removing toxins and other bad things within the body, on numerous levels.
I didn't try any yet though because I know we might purge, I think might be better with a sitter or at least another person for my first time trying it.

I have the vine yellow, some rue, mimosa, chaliponga and chacruna, I was thinking first try to use the b caapi vine then chacruna leaves, and perhaps make it a low ish dose as I don't have a sitter, and I've had it all sat here six months stored away haha!

I'd love to go to a ceremony in Peru or somewhere, but I'm wary as how do you know your with a genuine Shaman and not a place that's just jumping on the band wagon now they see us all headed out there, you know? I realise that's a pessimistic view, but hats the world we live in haha.
And anyway I'm poor so I can't afford to :lol:

--------------------
Mescaline Tea - the one singular occasion of my entire life I cooked for 9 hours :lmafo:

The trick is to be yourself, in a world trying to make you like everyone else :heart:

Offlinedazzleship
Stranger

#24000868 - 01/11/17 11:17 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I wonder if a ceremony must involve more than one person.I have heard of people getting together in the UK for AYA ceremony.
I suppose if done solo its called a ritual. If you were me...how would you proceed?

InvisibleSpellbound
PegasusTheFlyingHorse
Female User Gallery

#24000880 - 01/11/17 11:22 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I dunno but let me know if you think of a way :laugh:
My problem is I always trip alone, I'm happy and comfortable with this and I think I'll always want to most alone as it's better this way to meditate or whatever I'm doing that night, but I don't know anyone who trips you see and I rather not be with sober people while I'm in some other dimension hahaha. So for me, I just need a good friend who I could share these evenings with.
I just don't fancy ayah alone, least not the first time til I know how effects me.

--------------------
Mescaline Tea - the one singular occasion of my entire life I cooked for 9 hours :lmafo:

The trick is to be yourself, in a world trying to make you like everyone else :heart:

Offlinedazzleship
Stranger

Re: Ayahuasca Ceremony=Disaster? [Re: Spellbound]
    #24000887 - 01/11/17 11:26 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

I wouldnt worry about the purge .I had some bufotenine recently.As a meditator ,i find it a subtle but powerfull ally.However sometimes the nausea is real strong-then you vomit and everything is nice.i guess its the same with AYA.
Im using a AYA analogue.Rue extract with mimo or acrb.Im new to this,But i want to go the whole way.I will journey alone no doubt-vomiting is no worry-not getting where i want to be is.If you have the tools,go for it.Im thinking of getting some caapi vine.Real AYA is usually high in harmals,Dmt it not the main ingredient.

InvisibleSpellbound
PegasusTheFlyingHorse
Female User Gallery

#24000891 - 01/11/17 11:29 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, the vine do the rue are both an maoi aren't they, I plan to drink some with the vine then have the chacruna a little later maybe. But I don't know when.

Cactus tea made me purge, oh my was awful, though I struggled even getting it down is no wonder some came back up haha!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order