Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemycoshroom1994
scientist
Male User Gallery

help-oldgrows gone bad- errors made- help correct future! plz!
    #24000727 - 01/11/17 12:19 PM (4 months, 13 days ago)

my fellow shroomerites.
so im on a current grow. about 30 quarts all MS-G2G-G2G
everthing looks great and we have begun to get muchrooms... now heres the problem i faced with my last grow. I did Many Pasty plates. Most Eatulives TOC and AA+.. some PE. APE. everyone of those was done PASTYplate-pastyplate(multiplications of plates) LIs from plates, Tiger drops from plates. no bacteria shown on plates no abnormalities.. but then once jars would be spawned to my bulk sub i used a variuous mixure of bulk subs. All containing verm/cococoir some also had Worm castings, manure and straw in lower concentrations then the Verm and coir.
colonize a few days, maybe a week. looks okay but begins to smell sour.
then boom trich would attack or it would be beyond sour. no recovery. i did lots of work and everything i started from agar which looked spectatularly clean through a succession of plates until the masters were used. Where did i go wrong? oh forgert to mention a few times i used different Wheat grains. each pasturized for 1.5 hours at 15psi. the only issue im thinking is the spawn times were slow, the grain was allowed to ferment? im not sure i just need help from u guys pointing out various errors of flaw.
from my success doing transfers and everything else i believe my SAB work was done up to par. im thinking something hiding in grain? not sure.

my current grows are all ms-g2g-g2g or ms-g2f-GLC and everything is going spectatular... but i wanna grow the dam texas orange cap print i have from eatu! any suggestions, tips, advice or experience? i need help cause i NEED to get agar work and LC work down to a science! this is a passion of mine to retain every bit of knowledge you can throw at me!!!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinemushboyS
mush-o-holic
 User Gallery

Loc: mushland
Re: help-oldgrows gone bad- errors made- help correct future! plz! [Re: mycoshroom1994]
    #24000776 - 01/11/17 12:39 PM (4 months, 13 days ago)

Quote:

mycoshroom1994 said:
colonize a few days, maybe a week. looks okay but begins to smell sour.
then boom trich would attack or it would be beyond sour. no recovery.

this is going to annoying you because it sounds like you tried to clean up your spores on agar but
this is like a text book definition of hidden contams in spawn. could you detail HOW you
cleaned up your spores? be specific to the way you did it...

i do grains for 2hours. ive done 90min but i always try to do a solid 2 hours.

also!! how did you prep your bulk? ive done oven, bucket, microwave.. if your only using coco
i just PC my first batch and im loving it. i was hitting a green wall similar to what you
are saying and with the combo of being INSANELY anal about my spawn being clean and PCed coco(even though it shouldnt matter with coco)

Edited by mushboy (01/11/17 12:44 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation