Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineallstarpnut
Stranger
 User Gallery

Inner earth/hollow earth theory
    #23999044 - 01/10/17 08:40 PM (5 months, 12 days ago)

Anyone interested in this? Im just getting into it, just finished The Smoky God, and Etidorpha both are books describing inner earth.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblefilthyknees
no coincidence
 User Gallery

Re: Inner earth/hollow earth theory [Re: allstarpnut]
    #23999170 - 01/10/17 09:13 PM (5 months, 12 days ago)

ohhh yeaahhh look out for the crab people

--------------------

Onlineconnectedcosmos
knowledge seeker
 User Gallery

Loc: the local group
Re: Inner earth/hollow earth theory [Re: filthyknees]
    #23999455 - 01/10/17 10:43 PM (5 months, 12 days ago)

Hollow earth theory is just... just :facepalm:

--------------------
That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

OfflineTrypto-Fan
Badass
Male

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Inner earth/hollow earth theory [Re: connectedcosmos]
    #24000157 - 01/11/17 05:12 AM (5 months, 11 days ago)

OfflineEch0
Stranger

Re: Inner earth/hollow earth theory [Re: allstarpnut] * 1
    #24000537 - 01/11/17 11:00 AM (5 months, 11 days ago)

for it to be true our understanding of gravity must have been fabricated by the illuminati or some shit.

When first reading this stuff its intriguing and quickly feels like ultimate truth until you realize the sources are extremely biased and unregulated and can be disproven by some of the simplest and most fundamental things.

Its a fun theory though and I like watching people try and prove things like that and the flat earth theory just for the fun of it. People think up some pretty wacky and interesting things.

--------------------
[gradient:#FF009D,#]PEACE[/gradient]

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Inner earth/hollow earth theory [Re: Ech0]
    #24000673 - 01/11/17 12:01 PM (5 months, 11 days ago)

Where did the flat earth theory even come from? ~5 years ago I never heard it (though maybe I did hear of the hollow earth), now it's talked about all over the internet.

Onlineconnectedcosmos
knowledge seeker
 User Gallery

Re: Inner earth/hollow earth theory [Re: krypto2000]
    #24000700 - 01/11/17 12:09 PM (5 months, 11 days ago)

Idk who the fuck thought of it recently, but the ancient cultures all thought the earth was flat... until the ancient greeks discovered eclipses
And other people circumnavigate the globe.. flat earth theory is just as facepalm worthy as hollow earth

--------------------
That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

OfflineThe Mycologist
Explorer

Re: Inner earth/hollow earth theory [Re: connectedcosmos]
    #24000719 - 01/11/17 12:14 PM (5 months, 11 days ago)

If all the mass of the earth was on the crust instead of within, then the inside area would be a zero gravity enviroment

--------------------
"That you are here—that life exists, and identity;
That the powerful play goes on, and you will contribute a verse.”
― Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
:acidfire::tmckenna:

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Inner earth/hollow earth theory [Re: The Mycologist]
    #24000814 - 01/11/17 12:58 PM (5 months, 11 days ago)

No, gravity doesn't exist according to these nut jobs. They have a bunch of pseudoscience and brain damage to prove it.

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
Animals (total devastation)

Loc: Boston
Re: Inner earth/hollow earth theory [Re: krypto2000]
    #24000829 - 01/11/17 01:02 PM (5 months, 11 days ago)

Does anyone remember the user REBEL IRON? Im friends with him on facebook and this dude is posting all this shit on how the earth is flat and that theres no such thing as any planets

Tis hilarious

--------------------

OfflineLoneLobo
Stranger
Male

Loc: Miami, FL
Re: Inner earth/hollow earth theory [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #24000975 - 01/11/17 01:57 PM (5 months, 11 days ago)

I am not a flat earth believer, but I have done a fair amount of research on the subject and it is incredibly convincing and very interesting as well. There are some observations which are incredibly hard to ignore or write off.

We must remember that our understanding of the world being part of a galaxy, that we live on a globe which spins infinitely through endless space, is a concept that was created and hypothesized in a time when there was no way for us to prove it. By the time we did have the technologies to explore, the 1950s, we lived in a completely different world. Look up operation fishbowl, in which the United States and many other counties spent several years firing nuclear weapons into the sky.  Perhaps when they found out that we live under a dome, it was decided to keep the public in the dark. And if you hold that NASA is nothing more than a production facility for fake images, then it is true that no human being on earth has any hard fact proof that earth is in fact what they tell us. Remember that the only citizen to ever go into space died terribly and publicly.

My point is that it is foolish to so quickly dismiss these theories when you and I have no way to know for sure. It comes down to asking yourself if you trust the institutions which control this information.

--------------------
"You are here for a reason. A purpose. You know this. You have always known."

OfflineBroly
eat more lsd
Male

Re: Inner earth/hollow earth theory [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #24000979 - 01/11/17 01:59 PM (5 months, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
Does anyone remember the user REBEL IRON? Im friends with him on facebook and this dude is posting all this shit on how the earth is flat and that theres no such thing as any planets

Tis hilarious

Bill you are a sensible guy.

What's the opposite of the truth? A lie?

What's the opposite of planets?  The answer is stars

what's the opposite of space? The answer is water hence why the sky is blue

what's the opposite of a globe? The answer is a flat earth , with a dome that's a globe.

I'm not a flat earth nerd , but its just following the lie and truth spectrum and thinking abstractly.

--------------------
*Disclaimer* 

Everything written from this account are meant for amusement purposes ONLY.  Everything written or posted from this account are NOT TRUE.

OfflineLoneLobo
Stranger
Male

Re: Inner earth/hollow earth theory [Re: Broly]
    #24000987 - 01/11/17 02:02 PM (5 months, 11 days ago)

Two presidents have facetiously brought up the subject during speeches, making fun of the theory. You can find Obama's online.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!!!

--------------------

OfflineLoneLobo
Stranger
Male

Re: Inner earth/hollow earth theory [Re: LoneLobo]
    #24000994 - 01/11/17 02:05 PM (5 months, 11 days ago)

Look up flight paths and flat earth theory. Very hard to ignore. Basically world flight patterns make no sense on our global map, criss crossing all over, layovers, etc. International travelers understand. Why am I going to bristol when I'm headed to China? On the flat earth map, the flight patterns are direct lines.

Also, look at the logo of the United nations. It is the flat earth map.

--------------------

Onlineconnectedcosmos
knowledge seeker
 User Gallery

#24001096 - 01/11/17 02:46 PM (5 months, 11 days ago)

And the sun orbits the earth aswell there's three elephants holding the flat earth too..

Explain eclipses and circumnavigation
Explain why some of the  other planets which can be seen with amatuer telescope are spherical aswell? That's the way physics works... flat earth is ancient cultures belief not modern sciences...

--------------------

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#24001178 - 01/11/17 03:26 PM (5 months, 11 days ago)

Quote:

LoneLobo said:
I am not a flat earth believer, but I have done a fair amount of research on the subject and it is incredibly convincing and very interesting as well. There are some observations which are incredibly hard to ignore or write off.

What observations are those? You later mention the flight path thing, but is there any proof of that or are you just taking some guy on youtube's word for it?

Quote:

We must remember that our understanding of the world being part of a galaxy, that we live on a globe which spins infinitely through endless space, is a concept that was created and hypothesized in a time when there was no way for us to prove it. By the time we did have the technologies to explore, the 1950s, we lived in a completely different world.

You don't think there was evidence the world was round until we could travel to space? :rofl2: This demonstrates that you're listening to what other people say and taking it at face value without critical thinking. Copernicus is credited with the first person to present the idea, but it wasn't as if he was the first one to think of it. Around that time many people already thought this, he's just credited with it in history. Galileo is the first person credited with proving it observationally by observing the planets with the invention of the telescope.

Other people of course had already observed this though, he wasn't the first either. It was common knowledge among sailers or anyone who commonly would see long flat distances. You can clearly see ships sailing into the sunset and it looks as though they go downward, which they do as they follow the curvature of the earth. If the ship tracks how long they travel and you measure, say with a telescope, how far down the ship has gown downward, perhaps with marks on a mast, then you can easily calculate the circumference and size of the earth. I'm sure someone did in fact do this well before the 1950's haha. Thinking critically is not accepting anything that goes contrary to accepted belief as possible truth, it's actually thinking about it and looking at the facts, evidence, and lack there of.

I haven't seen a single flat earth video without a major lack of understanding about basic physics. To entertain them you either need to suspend disbelief or simply not understand what they're actually talking about or do any research to verify. This is the same kind of bs thinking that leads to global warming being a 'debate.' The only people who debate it are people who are either outright lying or literally have no clue what they're talking about. Scientists and credible people in the field simply accept it as the fact that it is, the only thing they debate are the specifics of it.

OfflineEch0
Stranger

#24001200 - 01/11/17 03:35 PM (5 months, 11 days ago)

Dude.

The problem with those theories is they attempt to prove things like Christians trying to prove stuff in the bible happened.

You start with a theory then find all the evidence you can rather than looking at the evidence and forming a theory.

If we forget everything we have been told / conditioned and simply observe it makes literally no sense to form the flat earth theory.

Eg. I can observe horizons, other spherical planets and so so so so many others. Why the fuck would i come to the conclusion that the earth is flat?

Anything you think slightly shows evidence of a flat earth shouldnt be looked at using your "theory before evidence" way of thinking and instead as a blank slate and independently.

--------------------

InvisibleStickyIcky Fingers
Free DOOM!! Available Here

#24001234 - 01/11/17 03:46 PM (5 months, 11 days ago)

It's always funny to me how it boils down to "Don't listen to THOSE assholes who claim they've got it figured out instead listen to THIS asshole (and/or themselves) who has it all figure out".

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#24001239 - 01/11/17 03:47 PM (5 months, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Ech0 said:
The problem with those theories is they attempt to prove things like Christians trying to prove stuff in the bible happened.

You start with a theory then find all the evidence you can rather than looking at the evidence and forming a theory.

This exactly. They dismiss the obvious and instead look for things to prove an irrational theory. It seems popular with Christians too as they view it as a way to support the bible, but the bible doesn't even say anything about the earth being flat, it's totally illogical.

By the way, it seems that out next president is a flat earther, no shit. I think that speaks a lot about the sad state of this world. One of the most powerful people on earth either actively refuses to see what's in front of them or worse they don't have the mental capacity to do so. This person is supposed to lead hundreds of millions of people. If I had a shred of respect left for our federal govt it's now gone.

OfflineEch0
Stranger

Re: Inner earth/hollow earth theory [Re: StickyIcky Fingers]
    #24001246 - 01/11/17 03:48 PM (5 months, 11 days ago)

re read what I just said please.

I was saying disregard EVERYTHING you have been told from any side and look at it scientifically and unbiased without a previous theory altering your perception.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience