Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
N.J. man's medical marijuana should be paid by workers' comp...
    #23991659 - 01/08/17 06:06 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

says :courtjudge:

Quote:

Susan K. Livio, NJ.com
on January 07, 2017 at 7:00 AM, updated January 07, 2017 at 7:08 AM

TRENTON -- A south Jersey man injured on the job at a lumber company will have his medical marijuana tab paid by his employer's workers compensation insurance, according to a state administrative law judge ruling in what appears to be the first decision of its kind in the state.

Andrew Watson of Egg Harbor Township qualified for the state's medicinal marijuana program in 2014 because of a hand injury he suffered while working for 84 Lumber in Pleasantville, according to the administrative law judge's ruling.

Watson bought 2-1/4 ounces of state-sanctioned marijuana in the spring of 2014 but when his employer refused to pay, he stopped using it, according to the ruling.

The price of one ounce of cannabis ranges from $425 to $520 for an average of $489 in the Garden State, not counting the 7 percent state sales tax, according to a state Health Department analysis. At those prices, New Jersey's medical pot is the most expensive in the nation. The law does not require insurance to cover the expense...

Administrative Law Judge Ingrid L. French said based on Watson's testimony, "the effects of the marijuana, in many ways, is not as debilitating as the effects of the Percocet. The pharmacy records show that, ultimately (Watson) was able to reduce his use of oral narcotic medication."

"As a result of his improved pain management, he has achieved a greater level of functionality," according to the judge, calling "his approach to his pain management needs (is) cautious, mature and overall he is exceptionally conscientious in managing his pain."

"The evidence presented in these proceedings show that the petitioner's 'trial' use of medicinal marijuana has been successful," French wrote. "While the court is sensitive to the controversy surrounding the medicinal use of marijuana, whether or not it should be prescribed for a patient in a state where it is legal to prescribe it is a medical decision that is within the boundaries of the laws in the state."

More here
http://www.nj.com/healthfit/index.ssf/2017/01/nj_judge_workers_comp_should_pay_for_medical_marij.html#incart_river_index
--------------------------

I imagine this will be appealed,
Christie wouldn't want to set a precedent.

:pipesmoke: . . . :peace:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekeyser_soze
Truth Bomber
Re: N.J. man's medical marijuana should be paid by workers' comp... [Re: vinsue]
    #23991741 - 01/08/17 07:46 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

goddamn, 489$ an ounce plus 7 percent sales tax???

--------------------
People in my Fan Club: Masked (President), Ballsalsa (VP), The Ecstatic*don't waste your time "debating" with him, he uses 3rd grader tactics (Director of Bullshit), Koods (Fake News Anchorman), Falcon - Devout Communist

*Word your posts carefully if they contain right wing values. The moderators here like to keep it left leaning, they will use every excuse to ban you but not the others. You've been warned.

InvisibleCall-Me-Bob
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: N.J. man's medical marijuana should be paid by workers' comp... [Re: keyser_soze]
    #23991805 - 01/08/17 08:28 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

keyser_soze said:

My god... well I guess it's back to my dealer

--------------------
Call Me Bob

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: N.J. man's medical marijuana should be paid by workers' comp... [Re: keyser_soze]
    #23992863 - 01/08/17 04:00 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

keyser_soze said:

Yeah that is just obscene... Even 200$ is a lot to ask for an OZ here even if it is top notch and doused in kief :lol:

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: N.J. man's medical marijuana should be paid by workers' comp... [Re: musiclover420]
    #23993078 - 01/08/17 05:12 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Depends on quality anywhere.  Name it this, na,e it that and few know quality.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: N.J. man's medical marijuana should be paid by workers' comp... [Re: Morel Guy]
    #23993492 - 01/08/17 07:32 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

cost me 10 bucks to grow:shrug:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds