Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMcNel

Scottish Conservatives call for action on cannabis as hospital admissions reach 10-year high
    #23985440 - 01/06/17 12:57 AM (8 months, 8 days ago)

The SNP Health Secretary Shona Robison, however, said that drug use among the general population 'continues to fall and levels among young people remain low'

Ashley Cowburn Political Correspondent
    @ashcowburn
    4 hours  ago
    4 comments

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/story_large/public/thumbnails/image/2016/11/24/10/cannabis-1.jpg

Click to follow
Indy Politics
cannabis-1.jpg

Scottish Conservatives have called for a crack down on cannabis after official figures revealed hospital admissions related to the drug have reached a 10-year high.

The analysis, carried out by the party, claims that 834 – or 14 per cent – of the 5,922 admitted to hospital after drug use in 2015-16 in Scotland had taken cannabis. It is just below a high of 15 per cent a decade earlier.

Douglas Ross, the Scottish Conservative’s shadow justice secretary, said the figures demonstrated that cannabis is “not the harmless substance some would have us believe”.

“It’s quite alarming that quite so many people are being hospitalised through using cannabis, a drug many people feel authorities are going soft on,” Mr Ross added. “And not only is it dangerous in its own right, as these statistics prove, but it’s a gateway drug to even more harmful substances.

Read more

Copenhagen makes fourth attempt to legalise cannabis

“We have a massive fight on our hands in Scotland both with illegal drugs and so-called legal highs.
Now is not the time to give in and wave the white flag.

We need to crack down on those circulating drugs of all kinds on our streets, and reinforce the message about just how damaging taking these substances can be.”

The Tories also highlighted there were 913 hospital "stays" involving cannabinoids in 2015/16, compared to 553 for cocaine-related admissions.

The SNP Health Secretary Shona Robison, however, said that drug use among the general population “continues to fall and levels among young people remain low.

She added: "We have greatly reduced drug and alcohol waiting times with 94 per cent of people now being seen within three weeks of being referred and we have invested over £630 million to tackle problem alcohol and drug use since 2008 and over £150 million over five years to improve mental health services in Scotland."

:facepalm3: :facepalm3: :facepalm3: :facepalm3: :facepalm3:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAmanita86
Colors of Hella

Loc: hades
Re: Scottish Conservatives call for action on cannabis as hospital admissions reach 10-year high [Re: McNel]
    #23985482 - 01/06/17 01:20 AM (8 months, 8 days ago)

"of the 5,922 admitted to hospital after drug use in 2015-16 in Scotland had taken cannabis."

Call me a stickler but, that says they had 'taken' cannabis, not that they were specifically 'admitted for' cannabis.  How cannabis could ever land you in the hospital is beyond me, but I'm sure it happens, it's just that to me this artical kind of reeks of 'skewed facts'.. I could be wrong.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:

Offlinethirtygoats
Male
Re: Scottish Conservatives call for action on cannabis as hospital admissions reach 10-year high [Re: Amanita86]
    #23985745 - 01/06/17 05:23 AM (8 months, 8 days ago)

They would probably call it marijuana "overdose" if somebody ate a bunch of rat poison, smoked a joint and then died.

InvisibleMostly_HarmlessM
wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

Loc: Perfidious Albion Flag
Re: Scottish Conservatives call for action on cannabis as hospital admissions reach 10-year high [Re: thirtygoats]
    #23985752 - 01/06/17 05:33 AM (8 months, 8 days ago)

But haven't you heard, we have "lethal" skunk in the UK!! :laugh:

"I have always been worried about cannabis, with this new skunk, this more lethal part of cannabis... But the report has just come to us, we will look at it and we will publish our results very soon... But I think people know my view about cannabis and particularly about this lethal version of it, skunk." Gordon Brown

OfflineMurzelpfrumpft
pet donkey in a lucid dream

Re: Scottish Conservatives call for action on cannabis as hospital admissions reach 10-year high [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #23987024 - 01/06/17 06:32 PM (8 months, 7 days ago)

Those are just panic attacks. Cannabis overdoses tend to cause them.
Harmless, but the unknowing victim thinks he or she is gonna die.
Decriminalization and information could solve this problem.

Offlineeyesdown
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: England Flag
Re: Scottish Conservatives call for action on cannabis as hospital admissions reach 10-year high [Re: Murzelpfrumpft]
    #23987143 - 01/06/17 07:14 PM (8 months, 7 days ago)

Hospitalized from cannabis?... nah.....Hospitalized from spice, or some other synthetic shit that the government cant/wont differentiate between?............u know

OfflineGravity
Happy Learner
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. East Bay, San Francisc...
Re: Scottish Conservatives call for action on cannabis as hospital admissions reach 10-year high [Re: Amanita86]
    #23993551 - 01/08/17 09:49 PM (8 months, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Amanita86 said:
"of the 5,922 admitted to hospital after drug use in 2015-16 in Scotland had taken cannabis."

Call me a stickler but, that says they had 'taken' cannabis, not that they were specifically 'admitted for' cannabis.  How cannabis could ever land you in the hospital is beyond me, but I'm sure it happens, it's just that to me this artical kind of reeks of 'skewed facts'.. I could be wrong.

Yep, that is what I read too.  So if a person had ever taken cannabis they will be grouped into this statistic.  It is complete dishonesty on the part of the conservatives.  I have noticed a dangerous increase in these kind of news stories over the last two weeks.  The national news outlets are under instructions to spread propaganda about the dangers of pot.

--------------------

Edibles Found and Eaten

Chantrelles  Blewits  Shaggly Parasols  Honey Mushrooms  Candy Caps

Offlinemeatloaf

Re: Scottish Conservatives call for action on cannabis as hospital admissions reach 10-year high [Re: Gravity]
    #23997157 - 01/10/17 03:50 AM (8 months, 4 days ago)

What about CHS(Cannbis Hypermesis Syndrome)? I recently heard of this it causes severe vomitting and nausea. I heard denver hospitals have seen a increase in this syndrome. I do not know or claim to know this as truth as i just heard about it and have been researching this for the past 12 years. Anyone have some info?

here is one article fromhigh times:
http://hightimes.com/medicinal/what-is-cannabinoid-hyperemesis-syndrome/

Edited by meatloaf (01/10/17 03:51 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service