Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
American life?
    #2398228 - 03/03/04 12:11 PM (20 years, 30 days ago)

I envy you americans, and here is why:
You have everything there.  Everything which is worth something comes from america or japan.  You have 50 something states which are all connected, if you get sick of one state you can just drive on over to the next.  The west is hot and all gangsta, all chilled with beach party's and general good living.  A little driving to the north west and you're in a place called san francisco, where the 60's is still living... probably easy to get a hold of all types of psychedelics there.  A little north from that again you're in canada, beautifull country, really cool people, hardly any crime or violence.  In the east side it seems like you have everything, the big city life provides you with all the material stuff you could imagine.  And for fucks sake... C.I.T.Y L.I.F.E... you got clubs and pubs in isles.  Everything is so neat and organized there, you divide your city's up like a checker board (while in norway you have to walk around till you get dizzy to get to your neighbours house, lol!).  You have the awesomest cars ever in america and the roads to drive 'em and you can start driving at the age of 16!!!  That sounds mental in comparison to our politics!  Florida... miami... do I have to say more?  I will anyway, clubs, clubs and clubs, beaches beatches and hot biatches! That place has its own rythym and not to forget you can pick cubies in early spring :shocked:!!!  Your culture is so awesome aswell, your people are so care-free and loving without even knowing it.  Even your gangbangers are fun loving people compare to the cold unsocial depressed people of the cold north... well I'm exagurating... but I'm making a point here.  You have so many places to experience, everything from native american places, the grand canyon, the wild wild west, the dirty south, your fucking highway 66!  You can buy whippets, lol, but i've never heard of it here (and drugs seems to be easier than picking your nose in usa... here its a fucking celebration if a few E's or some weed comes by).  Your language in itself is so expressive and easy to use (I speak 5 languages... and I've noticed how much language expresses people).  I could go on and on... but I think I've written enough, you get my point.
I just felt like saying that, peace :spliff:

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: American life? [Re: filthysock]
    #2398252 - 03/03/04 12:17 PM (20 years, 30 days ago)

I moved from the US to Norway almost 2 years ago to go to school and love Norway so much more. You have social programs, the state actually helps out people (student suport is unknown in my country!)... Bergen is a BEAUTIFUL city compared to any US city I've been to. Sure it is a bit dark here in the winter, it rains to much along the west coast, and it is REALLY freakin' expensive... but keep in mind that you have to be 21 before you can go to most bars in the US, that if you are poor and get sick, tough shit for you, and that we have a two (or one!) party state that really sucks. Yes drugs are easier to find in the US than in Norway, and we have nice landscape... but the US is as big as all of Western Europe, and there is equally nice landscapes throughout Europe... just don't get so in love with the place... it's not really that nice, IMHO.

Krishna

--------------------

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: American life? [Re: Krishna]
    #2398293 - 03/03/04 12:32 PM (20 years, 30 days ago)

Yeah. I agee Bergen is beautifull. Where do you live in Bergen btw? I'm originally from bergen, I've lived just off of bergen in a place called Os for 2 years and now I live just past Voss. All pretty close to bergen, I go there some weekends. The student support is great, the state really helps people out, thats good, but soon it will elegal to smoke cigarettes at bars or clubs, this summer that law will be past out. We have all these crazy stupid restrictions, and yeah, talk about the prices!
Crossing states is alot easier than crossing country's in europe. Norway is nice and all, but it could use alot of fixing. DOnt you get the impression that norwegians are alot harder to get to know than americans. Most norwegians keep distance and are cold in personality till you really get to know them. Norwegians have these "by-principle" personalities, acting un necessaraly tough and all that... I cant explain but do you know what I mean?
Where did you live in the us btw?

--------------------

Edited by filthysock (03/03/04 12:38 PM)

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #2398321 - 03/03/04 12:38 PM (20 years, 30 days ago)

i just don't like that i can't legally drink till i'm 21

also, i love drinking 40s and smoking blunts with my gangbanger buddies in their cadillacs with hydraulics.  we go to the beach everyday and pick up hot biotches and then lowride them home for some more of the same 40 drinking and blunt smoking.  :wink:

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Edited by TODAY (03/03/04 12:40 PM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: American life? [Re: TODAY]
    #2398329 - 03/03/04 12:40 PM (20 years, 30 days ago)

When I was in the Army they allowed people that were atleast 18 to drink on base. Canoodia is about 15 minutes away from were I live and the drinking age is 19 so I never had to worry about waiting until I was 21.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Re: American life? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #2398336 - 03/03/04 12:41 PM (20 years, 30 days ago)

^^lucky man...oh wait, mexico is 20 minutes away from me...except mexico is sleazy and you have to be really careful there...almost not worth going at all.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: American life? [Re: TODAY]
    #2398357 - 03/03/04 12:46 PM (20 years, 30 days ago)

You can hit the border towns. Hell walk about 100 feet into most Mexican border towns and there's a bar right there. Just be careful, my brother-in-law and I found ourselves in a tranny bar by accident. Talk about a freak show.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Re: American life? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #2398373 - 03/03/04 12:49 PM (20 years, 30 days ago)

yeah there's lots of trannies there in the clubs and shit, so i've been told...i never have even had the urge to go and party there.  i'm mostly talking about being careful what you do/how you act because all the cops in the bordertown are crooked.  if they get you for something you have to bribe your way out of it or go to mexican jail :thumbdown:.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

Edited by TODAY (03/03/04 12:49 PM)

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2398383 - 03/03/04 12:51 PM (20 years, 30 days ago)

filthysock - I live like 2 hours from Bergen, in Flekke, Fjaler, Sogn og Fjordane. (at an int'l school, maybe you remember the tv show on NRK called "Flekke United"? That's my school...) And yep, I heard about the law banning smoking everywhere inside... as far as I know, though, they are trying to do the same in many US cities. In the US, I lived in Kalamazoo, Michigan. And yep, I would agree that the average Norwegian (at least older people) is a bit reserved. As far as this "acting tough" - we have the exact same in the US, except while in Norway they wear H&M Jackets and carry knives, in the US they wear FUBU and carry guns... same drunk ass mid-20 year old guys who think that being tough means they are "real" men. Go visit the States, it is a beautiful place. But to me, the mountains and fjords of Western Norway are heavenly. Although desolte... I'm gonna move to Kobenhavn in June to get a dose of city-life. And, while on the subject, I don't know of ANY place in the US like Christiania... sure they are trying to close it down, but I don't think it will work. Just don't forget what a special place Norway is... "ja vi elsker dette landet, som vi stigger fram!" (sorry I suck at spelling in Norwegian - they try to teach my Nynorsk but I'm trying to learn Danish in preparation for my move here, plus my keyboard is english and doesn't have the three extra letters) :gd_icon:

--------------------

OfflineIts Pat
Still kicking
 User Gallery

Loc: THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN YOU
    #2398388 - 03/03/04 12:52 PM (20 years, 30 days ago)

Primus has a song about American Life!

Invisibleshriek

#2398407 - 03/03/04 12:56 PM (20 years, 30 days ago)

im very glad i live in a free liberal europe.

i dont envy americans for nothing. we have it all here too, they just likes to make things bigger thats all.

Edited by shriek (03/03/04 12:58 PM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: American life? [Re: Its Pat]
    #2398408 - 03/03/04 12:56 PM (20 years, 30 days ago)

So does Madonna.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

#2399374 - 03/03/04 04:01 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Never seen that show on NRK.  Can you get hold of acid and stuff where you live?  I didnt mean act tough like gangbanging and stuff, I cant really explain what I mean, Norwegians have this "the less I say the cooler I am" attitude, like you know, a tough personality, I cant explain, there just seems to be more "spirit" in most americans, like they'll let loose and be honest about them selves more.  An american gangster would more likely be, "man what you say about my moma?!  So its gonna be like that?!  Damn, fuck you!!!" and shoot, whilst in norway its more psycho, they wont say a thing and just go up to you and stab you if there was beef.  Thats how I can explain it.  Man, its so crazy to think that its pretty common to pack heat in the us though.  Thats so fucked up. 

"But to me, the mountains and fjords of Western Norway are heavenly"

That I defenately agree with and yes its special, mostly its the common norwegian that bothers me...and the fucked up laws.  Man, I'm sorry to tell you this but Christiania has been ripped apart by authority recently  :frown: .  You could probably get a hold of weed, hash and shrooms there by dealers in the park, but the place is ripped apart, all the booths and everything.  I totally agree though, the world should take Christiania as a good example, it was such a creative place, it functioned well.  There were alot of fucked up people there, but I think fucked up people took refuge there rather than they got fucked up IN christiania.  Your norwegian is good, xept you say "stiger" and not "stigger".  Cheers :beer:

--------------------

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #2399782 - 03/03/04 05:51 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Oh yea we Americans are on one big party train 24-7. For example heres a log of my day

12:00pm- Woke up--oh god why am i up this early. Pissed for a long time and fell back asleep.

2:00pm- woke up quick, out the pad just thought that i had to be in Austin soon. Gotta get drunk before the day begins. For my mother starts bitchin bout my friends.

2:45- Bumbed the kerb with my cadilac coup devil. Damb that kerb gona get blasted if it don't step back and recognize.
anyway im at the fort with my homies checkin all the bitches in the biker shorts. We didn't get no play from the ladies. 6 niggas in the car are you crazy? they was scared and it was showin. we all said "FUCK YOU BITCH" and kept goin to find somethin else to get into- like some pussy or infact, a bum ruch, we call a rat pack. On a nigger for nothin at all.

2:53- Suddenly i see some niggas that i don't like. walked over to em and said whats up. First nigga that i saw-hit em in the jaw. Ren started stompin em and so did E. By that time got rushed by security. Out the door, but we don't quit.
Ren said "Lets start some shit" I gotta shotgun and heres the plot. Takin niggas out with a flurry of buckshot. BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM Yea i was gunnen, then you look and all you see is niggas fallen, and yellin, and pushin, and screamin and cussin. Stepped back and i kept bustin. Than i realized its time for me to go
so i stopped jumped in the vehicle. Its like this because of that hoop ride Dreamer987s wanted for a homicide.

3:45- I got home and spent the rest of the day piging out on icecream-hotdogs, and watching American Idol. GOD that show is the coolest.

6:50- now im here writing this.......................................................

--------------------

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: American life? [Re: Dreamer987]
    #2399843 - 03/03/04 06:05 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

yeah, ok.

--------------------

OfflineAton
Shamdelier

Loc: North East
    #2399847 - 03/03/04 06:07 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

america....i absolutely destest this bureaucratic slug fest we have going on in the goverment. The land is nice and people are good, but what does it matter if you don't have the right to live your life how you want to. People can give their lives for their country at 18, but can't drink a simple intoxicating beverage?

i would like this place if i could get over the goverment, it's all corruption and greed as the main motivation, canada is way better in my opinion.  But i can't get over the goverment, From spain to tibet, europe has beautiful women, and landscapes, it's an amazing place.

-Come to america, our goverment eats babies  :smirk:

(don't forget the propaganda)

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #2399855 - 03/03/04 06:11 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Well, I was an "Air Force" brat, so we moved about all over the world. In fact, I didn't even see the States until my seventh B-Day. But you know, warts and all, I think the US is a great country! And I like my adopted state, Tennessee as well! :laugh:

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: American life? [Re: Aton]
    #2399865 - 03/03/04 06:15 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

"People can give their lives for their country at 18, but can't drink a simple intoxicating beverage?"

Nice point. I dont like governments and especially not the american government (though if it wasnt for bush Iraq would still be under Saddams law and that would suck, things are kinda fucked up there now but your country will have Iraq up and running in a matter of time... thats good, I give bush credit for that, nothing else... but that).

--------------------

OfflineAton
Shamdelier

Loc: North East
    #2399873 - 03/03/04 06:19 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

well....i dunno ......they haven't found any weapons of mass destruction, and now bush is facing problems, because they say bush might have used cia intelligence to "fake" weapons of mass destruction.

using the military without proper reason, is an impeachable offense, oh, and since america took over iraq, their has been continual looting and the economy has turned to crap (just like in afghanistan).

--------------------

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #2399912 - 03/03/04 06:29 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Krishna said:
In the US, I lived in Kalamazoo, Michigan.

No wonder you didn't care much for the US! :lol:

Every place has its pros and cons.  But I love the US.  I may like to spend extended time in other countries but my heart will always be in America.  And how fucking cool is it that I got to grow up in a city like Las Vegas!?  Actually, if you want to know the truth it wasn't that great as a kid.  But it is a fabulous place to be an adult.  No matter where you go in the world people can relate to your hometown (even if their perception of it is really skewed).  No matter where in the world I choose to live I will always consider Las Vegas my true 'home'.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale