Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 983 | 984 | 985 | 986 | 987 | 988 | 989 | 990 | 991 | 992 | 993 | 994 | 995 | 996 | 997 | 998 | 999 | 1000 | 1001 | 1002 | 1003 | Next > | Last >
Invisiblebare.whiterabbit
Lapin Blanc
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Microwave Flag
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist [Re: polaritymind]
    #26810748 - 07/08/20 10:18 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

polaritymind said:
Well does she take them and knows their value, or is she even against the substance. Many people unfortunately have some prejudice.
Maybe grow some edibles too, but then again that would take even more equipment and space to not have to reduce you active production and serve them to her. Maybe she likes oysters, king oysters, shiitake etc?

Edibles are easy man, just need a few 5 gallon pales, wood chips and spawn and a space outdoors that can hold some humidity.

The truth of it is, that wives don't enjoy anything that takes our attention away more than necessary or that costs money they aren't wanting to spend. She likely doesn't dislike the hobby, she probably just wants the time and money back.

I've been married 12 years and had to give this up for 8 of those years because she didn't want me doing it anymore. She loves mushrooms and will pop 3 on a whim, but she doesn't like me buying the equipment and doesn't like me in my clean-room for 6 straight hours. Pretty reasonable really, so I didn't argue. I like pussy more than mushrooms :doge:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineoculodextro
Male
Loc: Space is the Place
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist [Re: bare.whiterabbit]
    #26810782 - 07/08/20 10:35 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

You guys need to find a partner that doesn't give a fuck what you do, if you are not harming anyone.

"you just spent 100 bucks on petri dishes, can you buy me a cake and can we go for a long hike."

All about compromise and supporting one another. I hate all her projects but I would never tell her to stop. Gets her away and allows me time to do my own projects.

OnlineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist [Re: oculodextro]
    #26810941 - 07/08/20 12:42 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Lol this type of thing is why I’ll never let a woman move in again.

Although I said that last time too and one got in anyway.

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflineTight Lunchbox
Drunk cat

#26811076 - 07/08/20 02:15 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Marrying someone who doesn't allow you to have any hobbies seems absurd to me.

I confess it is too damn hot to do any kind of work in the SAB during the daytime.

--------------------
"it's all a joke between mom contractions and coffin fittings"

The most useful tool for noobs

Offlineoculodextro
Male
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist [Re: Tight Lunchbox]
    #26811134 - 07/08/20 03:00 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Nothing worse then sweating in the SAB, all the condensation, and slippery fingers.

Offlinejay.achS
Traveler
Male User Gallery

Loc: USDA Zone 8
    #26811603 - 07/08/20 07:29 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

bare.whiterabbit said:
I like pussy more than mushrooms :doge:

Hell, I'd buy that T-Shirt.

--------------------
“One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.”  - Henry Miller

LAGM v. 2.023
LAGM2021

Lapin Blanc

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist [Re: oculodextro]
    #26811787 - 07/08/20 10:13 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

oculodextro said:
You guys need to find a partner that doesn't give a fuck what you do, if you are not harming anyone.

"you just spent 100 bucks on petri dishes, can you buy me a cake and can we go for a long hike."

All about compromise and supporting one another. I hate all her projects but I would never tell her to stop. Gets her away and allows me time to do my own projects.

Not a matter of her telling me to shut it down. We had kids and I wasn't comfortable having in the house was the name reason for shutting it down, but at the same time we were broke back then and it wasn't worth the stress it was causing to try and pull it off. The stress was more hers than mine. As much as I like mushrooms, she's worth much more to me than any hobby. Which is why I haven't fallen asleep alone or horny in the last 12 years :super:

--------------------

Offlineoculodextro
Male
    #26811799 - 07/08/20 10:22 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Makes way more sense with kiddos around.

Don't forget hungry too.

You made it initially sound like she didn't allow you to have hobbies or spend your money. They can nag, but easy to call them out if they frivolously spend.

OfflineInthepit
Aum Mani Padme Hum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Puerto Rico
    #26812078 - 07/09/20 04:44 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Kids will do that to ya. I gave up Hang Gliding
because I didn't want to be responsible for one of them dying.

Invisiblerickyswamps
Bad Apple
I'm a teapot

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist [Re: Inthepit]
    #26812114 - 07/09/20 05:18 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Got to let people explore their own interests. Don't need the resentment and regret building up.  Insecurity is usually what drives controlling your partner.  I get that having kids changes a lot and their safety is more important, but damn.  Pretty sure I'd go ape if told not to do my hobbies.  Then what?  Sit and watch TV or play video games?  no thanks.

Lapin Blanc

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist [Re: rickyswamps]
    #26812393 - 07/09/20 09:04 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

rickyswamps said:
Got to let people explore their own interests. Don't need the resentment and regret building up.  Insecurity is usually what drives controlling your partner.  I get that having kids changes a lot and their safety is more important, but damn.  Pretty sure I'd go ape if told not to do my hobbies.  Then what?  Sit and watch TV or play video games?  no thanks.

Nah, I spent the time, saving money, buying a house, going back to school for three years and raising my kids :lol:

Quote:

oculodextro said:
Makes way more sense with kiddos around.

Don't forget hungry too.

You made it initially sound like she didn't allow you to have hobbies or spend your money. They can nag, but easy to call them out if they frivolously spend.

In a sense she did. She helped me come to the realization on my own. Regret comes only if you choose to regret or resent your decisions in life. I don't have that issue. For me it's just as easy to transition and enjoy my new path in life, than to sit there and dwell on what I may or may not have been missing.

I came back to this 8 years later, more mature, more patient and better at it, right off the bat, because I had time to step back and think about it occasionally over a decades period of time and now I have the skills and temperament to be better at it.

--------------------

Edited by bare.whiterabbit (07/09/20 09:08 AM)

InvisibleLadysKnight
Hello Ladies
 User Gallery

#26812417 - 07/09/20 09:20 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Inthepit said:

So wait... Mushrooms, military, homebrewing... Now hang gliding?
Too weird. I haven't been in about 5 years. Think about it often. Even just getting a cheap used one and finding a 15 second bunny hill close by. I do miss that feeling so. Nothing like it.

OfflineInthepit
Aum Mani Padme Hum
Male User Gallery

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist [Re: LadysKnight]
    #26812511 - 07/09/20 10:11 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LadysKnight said:
Quote:

Inthepit said:

Too weird. I haven't been in about 5 years. Think about it often. Even just getting a cheap used one and finding a 15 second bunny hill close by. I do miss that feeling so. Nothing like it.

I did 50 hrs cruising back and forth at Fort Funston, San Francisco to get my Hang 4.
Ya, it was magic!

Edited by Inthepit (07/09/20 10:43 AM)

InvisibleLadysKnight
Hello Ladies
 User Gallery

#26812536 - 07/09/20 10:21 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Inthepit said:
Quote:

LadysKnight said:
Quote:

Inthepit said:

I did 50 hrs cruising back and forth at Fort Funston, San Francisco to get my Hang 4.
Ya, it was magic!

Wow, just wow. Got my hang2 at lookout mountain ga, never advanced to any serious flying, just floats off the mountain. My dream was always that sweet west coast cliff flying with the constant incoming sea breeze, damn.

OfflineBartleby
Stranger

#26812542 - 07/09/20 10:22 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I confess I had a nightmare last night that my sub completely dried out mid-flush and my wife tried to “fix” it 😬 Woke up in a cold sweat and ran to check on my babies-luckily my dream wasn’t prophetic 😊

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist [Re: NaudiShroomer]
    #26814701 - 07/10/20 09:36 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

NaudiShroomer said:
I had 4 jars that that sat for over 3 weeks after inoculation with no growth, was first attempt at rye and it seemed way too dry. So I opened them up and put them under bathroom faucet to get some moisture in there then sealed em back up... 2 weeks later 3 of the 4 are fully colonized and seamiongly unscathed. Still have a long way to go but ive came this far!

you now have a jar full of mold not mushroom mycelium.  Once you exposed the sterile grain to the open air you ruined it,  it will be better to dump it and start over

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

OfflineInthepit
Aum Mani Padme Hum
Male User Gallery

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist [Re: Doc9151] * 1
    #26814743 - 07/10/20 10:00 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Father I confess I was so busy scooping up perfect 5/8 full jars
of Oats, that I forgot they DOUBLE!
So I ended with twice the Oats I could PC. :shrug:

--------------------
:sporedrop: GLOSSARY  :sporedrop: ACROMYMS!   :sporedrop: GETTING STARTED :sporedrop:

InvisibleTedsDead
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26814889 - 07/10/20 11:16 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

you hydrated em in the jar during the pc cycle?

I confess Ive been running a 3:1 sub/spawn ratio lately and I like it:grin:

--------------------
weed gets you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no weed...  -the fabulous furry freak bros
If you can buy it, you can burn it!

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25947396#25947396

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #26814976 - 07/10/20 11:47 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Inthepit said:
Father I confess I was so busy scooping up perfect 5/8 full jars
of Oats, that I forgot they DOUBLE!
So I ended with twice the Oats I could PC. :shrug:

sounds like you have a long night with the pc, time to buy more jars and maybe another pc to do double runs

edit:
I confess that I'm going to take some old Pleurotus eryngii substrate and mix it into a massive pile of woodchips where the county has been dumping them. Hopefully,  it will work. Moisture shouldn't be much of an issue, it's the heat generated by decomposition that concerns me most

I also have just had the best conversation with a 5yr old. My great niece has taken an interest in mushrooms at a very early age She was telling me all about the "chicken that grows on trees" but "It's not really chicken " she said. She totally took me off guard with the mushroom videos that she likes to watch on you tube, next thing you know she will be interested in cultivation and Taxonomy.  She already likes to look at them under microscope. I may be inspiring the next generation of mycologist.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Edited by Doc9151 (07/10/20 05:58 PM)

OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist [Re: TedsDead]
    #26814993 - 07/10/20 11:55 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TedsDead said:
you hydrated em in the jar during the pc cycle?

I confess Ive been running a 3:1 sub/spawn ratio lately and I like it:grin:

What ratio did you do before?

--------------------
:sporedrop:Trade List:sporedrop:

LAGM2021

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 983 | 984 | 985 | 986 | 987 | 988 | 989 | 990 | 991 | 992 | 993 | 994 | 995 | 996 | 997 | 998 | 999 | 1000 | 1001 | 1002 | 1003 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates