Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 860 | 861 | 862 | 863 | 864 | 865 | 866 | 867 | 868 | 869 | 870 | 871 | 872 | 873 | 874 | 875 | 876 | 877 | 878 | 879 | 880 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleFeasoghorm

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist *DELETED* [Re: Just_A_Noob]
    #26059957 - 06/18/19 04:19 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Just_A_Noob said:
I confess I  think light induces pinning more than most people think

As far as i can gather...light, full colonization, and FAE can all be pinning triggers if the other conditions are met apropriately. All other variables met, if you got sufficiant light and fae then full colonization will be the pinning trigger. Sufficiant colonization and fae, light will be the trigger.

I confess, im done caring about side pins and bottom dongers and shit that really shouldnt matter to me, and my myco work and my life is much more pleasent now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: ally known as ... Flag
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist *DELETED* [Re: hexkrak]
    #26060092 - 06/18/19 05:12 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hexkrak said:
I confess... I just spawned a shoebox and gave the casing a good heavy spray of alcohol instead of water... 
:epicfacepalm:

Exactly why I use the alcohol bottle and not a sprayer... I knew I'd end up doin this... it's a LOT more common than you may think lol,  likely be ok,it being spawn day, and the casing layer... 70, or 91%?

Shaper, are you going round twice? I used NO for jars for a minute,  seems 1 layer was prone, but 2 typically worked... even across multiple cycles

--------------------
πŸ„πŸ’šπŸ˜Ž

Ask Caps! (My Q&A Thread)
Caps' Comprehensive Cultivation Tek List

InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist *DELETED* [Re: Caps McGee]
    #26060537 - 06/18/19 08:54 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

I confess, I'm a little butthurt... but somehow, I'll pull through!

--------------------
πŸ„πŸ’šπŸ˜Ž

Invisibled0urd3n
Just call me "D"

#26060643 - 06/18/19 09:57 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

I confess...it took me an hour to spawn two monos. :beer::facepalm:

--------------------

InvisibleFeasoghorm

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist *DELETED* [Re: d0urd3n]
    #26060653 - 06/18/19 10:01 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

:jah: :eatingout: :jah:
that's how i get shit done

InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist *DELETED* [Re: Feasoghorm]
    #26060695 - 06/18/19 10:26 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

That not typical?

--------------------
πŸ„πŸ’šπŸ˜Ž

Invisibled0urd3n
Just call me "D"

#26060725 - 06/18/19 10:35 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

No normally I could bang it out in like 25 mins :lol:

I overfilled my mini mono. Underfilled my big mono. Thought I had not made enough coir. so I just leveled it and trimmed the liner. Then I look over and I still had half a five gallon bucket of coir... So I dumped the mono into it. Mixed it all up. New liner and all that. Kratom and beer is a potent mix at times. That doesn't even include washing spawn jars. Rinsed the buckets though.

--------------------

InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack

#26060732 - 06/18/19 10:39 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Liner!?
:horrified:
I thought we were friends!

:kittylaugh:

I had to quit drinking... some people can handle it,  me?
:justno:
I could drink, it was stopping I had issue with

--------------------
πŸ„πŸ’šπŸ˜Ž

Invisibled0urd3n
Just call me "D"

#26060735 - 06/18/19 10:45 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

If you can't handle it and don't that's fine. Too many people fail to recognize it and that's the real issue. You can handle massive mush doses when many would never touch mushrooms again after 5 grams :lol:

I skipped a liner one time. And severely regretted it. I made sure my sub was super level and everything. Takes me like an extra 5 minutes max to use a liner so :shrug:

--------------------

OfflinePsiloPsychIn
PsiloPsychIn

Loc: up north
Trusted Cultivator
    #26060904 - 06/19/19 01:17 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

I confess I avoided liners for a long long time. I managed to avoid side pins and bottom pins most of the time but still got them - especially on second and third flushes. Then I started buying rolls of 3mil black plastic in the painting section of Home Depot. I worked out a system making liners by β€œgift wrapping” the bottom of the same sized tub and it goes pretty quickly - 2-3 minutes tops. No bottom pins, no side pins, and I think my flushes are fuller - all the goodies go to the fruits on top!

My 2 Cents... &
I still love you Caps!
❀️

--------------------
What are they saying? Listen carefully, it might be something you need to hear...

OfflineDesert Snow

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist. Contest Someday I Promise! :} [Re: PsiloPsychIn]
    #26060919 - 06/19/19 01:41 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

I confess I opened my first tray every day while it was colonizing / incubating just to look inside..

OfflinePsiloPsychIn
PsiloPsychIn

Loc: up north
Trusted Cultivator
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist. Contest Someday I Promise! :} [Re: Desert Snow]
    #26060979 - 06/19/19 02:48 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

I feel you...
:smile:

--------------------
What are they saying? Listen carefully, it might be something you need to hear...

OfflineDunedinite
Actually a cat

Loc: Dunedin, New Zealand Flag
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist. Contest Someday I Promise! :} [Re: PsiloPsychIn]
    #26061004 - 06/19/19 03:21 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

I confess that I look at my plates a couple of times a day.

--------------------
The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread - for those of us looking for New Zealand-specific assistance!

Check my journal for my attempts at growing mushrooms!

"Don't accept that what's happening
Is just a case of others' suffering
Or you'll find that you're joining in
The turning away"

InvisibleBph
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist *DELETED* [Re: ShaperDreaming]
    #26061154 - 06/19/19 06:07 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ShaperDreaming said:
I confess, I'm putting all my mycology work on hold until my flow-hood is finished. (which should be this weekend)

I'm sick of the wild swings in my contam rates. When I first moved in it went up to 40%. After a bunch of work I got it back down to below 10%, then after a couple months w/o contams I suddenly jump back up and this time to 60%! Wtf? I can't win. I just tossed out so many bad plates and jars this weekend that it broke my heart a little. Felt like I've been spinning my wheels. I stuck everything else in the fridge that I am waiting to do work on, slow down the growth a little. I need to clean up about 7 plates now and transfer them away from fucking green nasty mold. I hate this and will probably work with one plate at a time in the SAB.

Quick question on this: all the agar plates have contaminated exclusively around the edges (like the mold grows out in half circles from the edge). When was it most likely these got contaminated and how? Is it from just when I had set the lid on the peti dish or...? These plates didn't even show the slightest hint of contamination for almost 2 weeks...

:justno:

Part of me wonders if it's because I'm using micro-pore tape to seal my petris... It's free to me so I thought it would be better than saran wrap, but after seeing some of the pictures I've seen lately about how large those micro-pores are I'm having doubts.

Quote:

Grimsweeper said:
Been working on APE for over a year. Looks like a finally have a good culture after going back to my syringe to T6. Might actually have better than a mediocre grow this time. Concered a few exotics put APE has been my nemesis.

APE has been my nemesis as well. I've been trying to grow it out for almost 9 months now! I've gotten failures and reversions, but never apes. I finally ordered a proper syringe a couple months ago, and should have something soon for grains. It's... kinda ridiculous.

Quote:

Yesum said:
I don't know if blacking out on cubes is like blacking out on acid but if its similar its beautiful and I really only remember bite and pieces of those nights I blacked out on acid.

For me blacking out on cubes is just like a memory gap. It happened once (89g fresh whoa boy). I had done a few 5g trips and wanted to take it just one step higher. So I prepped the tea, took the dose, laid down in bed... then I basically "woke up" suddenly about 2-3 hours-ish later and everything was very bizzare looking. Everything was head-swapping very quickly (I don't know how to explain, this is really un-characteristic of mushrooms in my experience, but like I looked at my dog and his head rapidly cycled from dog to say human->lizard->bird->etc) same thing happened to my ex when I saw her. I felt pretty sober too, so I was very very confused by it all, very annoyed I couldn't remember anything, and then after trying to get the visuals to calm down for about 30-45 min I gave up and just went to sleep. It wasn't a good or bad experience, just kinda felt like a waste of time :lol:

Your gonna love your flowhood. I use mine in a garage that has standing water on the floor after it rains and stays 100Β° when it's sunny so I work with the door open a lot. Contams are at a minimal and I do a lot more myco work. It's no big deal to turn it on and make a quick transfer. When I used my sab I would spend 10 min setting my workspace up. Turn off the air. Hop in the shower. Blah blha blah. Now I turn on the hood. Lite my torch. Take a dab. And boom myco shit getting done. I hear ya on ape. I've got 5 clones I'm growing out. My fingers are crossed one of them is a preformer cause I want to see a box full of them so bad. And as for blacking out on high doses. I wouldn't know. I usually do the old, in bed under the covers trip. I slip in and out of a dream space a lot on the come up. Maybe if my eyes were open and I was standing up I'd fall out?

I confess. After thinking about the dream space I want to trip and curl up in bed all day. Lol.

Offlinebogwytch
Goofin'
Female User Gallery

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist *DELETED* [Re: Bph] * 1
    #26061201 - 06/19/19 06:44 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Confession: I talk to each of my bags for a few minutes each a day. Compliment them on their growth or lend words of encouragement to the bag that's behind the others in % of colonization. Last grow i did i made some fresh mush into a tea, me and my boyfriend split it and he said that that trip was like an hours long dmt trip at some points, and the way he talked about it made me think about the connection between mushrooms and the humans who consume them, then leading me to mushrooms and the humans that cultivate them, and i decided that i would feed as much love to them as I could from the very beginning this go around. So far my bags have colonized much quicker and healthier, albeit probably because I was more knowledgeable jumping into it this time and not as much the talking to them lmao :rolleyes: but I have to admit sometimes i feel like the kind words make a difference, have to wait for the fruits to really see though haha

--------------------
either snipped or stained by what can’t be held down
And i don’t know anything that stays around
They level off and obey the sun
When it leaves for the evening
Everyone becomes anyone

InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist *DELETED* [Re: Bph]
    #26061202 - 06/19/19 06:45 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

They grow faster if you ignore them... spiteful... I tried a liner once, still got mad sidepins... first tub though too... lol

I Confess, I'm at work, blatantly standing here typing, and I really don't give a FUCK what that guy over there thinks about it...

I tell them good morning and good night... looky, no touchy

--------------------
πŸ„πŸ’šπŸ˜Ž

OfflineCamera93
We got dicks like Jesus
I'm a teapot

Trusted Cultivator
    #26062513 - 06/19/19 08:07 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

I confess
It worked this time
Wow how do you convey that
I had no idea how off the mark i was
I love you guys so mush
:loveheart:

--------------------
All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I’m fine.

Whatever you decide won’t really impact our survival
Close your eyes, and do the best that you can

OfflineDesert Snow

#26062566 - 06/19/19 08:33 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

I confess I just sprayed a tray with alcohol on accident.. :crazy:

InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist. Contest Someday I Promise! :} [Re: Desert Snow]
    #26062586 - 06/19/19 08:46 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

what worked?

I confess, I'm diggin the look of 16 blue and 8 king blocks pinning... I'm still growing cubes, but these larger gourmet runs are NOICE!!! Can't wait to see them in a few days
:snoopyes:

Quote:

Desert Snow said:
I confess I just sprayed a tray with alcohol on accident.. :crazy:

Like the 3rd one this week! Why I NEVER put iso in a spray bottle... I KNOW I'd do it... just seems like a bad idea :shrug: and really no need for it :2cents:

--------------------
πŸ„πŸ’šπŸ˜Ž

Invisibled0urd3n
Just call me "D"

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist. Contest Someday I Promise! :} [Re: Caps McGee]
    #26062638 - 06/19/19 09:22 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

I just screwed my sprayer directly onto the iso bottle. Never mixed them up. But I only use a water sprayer bottle for my SAB walls so it wouldn't matter anyways. Well besides the SAB explosion. But no mushrooms would be harmed. :hehehe:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 860 | 861 | 862 | 863 | 864 | 865 | 866 | 867 | 868 | 869 | 870 | 871 | 872 | 873 | 874 | 875 | 876 | 877 | 878 | 879 | 880 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale