Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 386 | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | 394 | 395 | 396 | 397 | 398 | 399 | 400 | 401 | 402 | 403 | 404 | 405 | 406 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist [Re: TheBlackCat]
    #24721032 - 10/19/17 02:22 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

TheBlackCat said:
It's in my basement bulkhead not my grow room. No way I'd keep this anywhere close to my stuff with all that gnarly trich in it. Like you guys said trich is fast as fuck. The PESA was definitely being out competed. Now I know how this contam rolls. Next time I see this shit I'll know.

A fully colonized tub is highly resistant to infection from other tubs. Sometimes I leave a contaminated tub in my grow room, til I am ready to throw it out, cuz I am a lazy cunt. In fact, right now I have ~12 tubs going, and I had a moldy tub sitting in with the rest of them from day 1... Most of them are fruiting right now (except the PE, which I'm doing some experimental shit with, and it takes forever anyway). I threw that moldy tub out two days ago.

If you were to accidentally carry a piece of contaminated substrate from one tub to another, you might run into some problems, but if your spawn is good, and your sub is pasteurized properly, or it's coir, you don't have much to worry about.

This is just my 2 cents, but I'm sure pasty will come set me straight :wink:

... I'd be more concerned for your own personal health, having mold spores floating around all the time. I think it has had an impact on my lungs. Someone sent me a culture a few years ago that was contaminated with black mold. I, stupidly, opened up a plate of black mold in front of my flowhood, and occasionally ran into that contam for the next year and a half or so. I think it's had a negative effect on my health, but I've been known to smoke all manner of drugs and do things detrimental to my lungs, so who knows.

--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell
Every one of you should see this video.
"Facts are chiels that winna ding, and downa be disputed" - Robert Burns

Edited by Bigbadwooof (10/19/17 02:27 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDabadoodledoo710
Dab Connoisseur
Male

Loc: Zone 5b Flag
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist [Re: Bigbadwooof]
    #24721132 - 10/19/17 05:00 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Bigbadwooof said:
Kratom helped me kick some pretty severe drug habbits, and booze. It is amazing for energy, and it is helpful for pain. You could probably use both kratom and less pot. You can order a kilo of the shit for like $75. Keep it sealed air tight in a cool dry place to preserve it, it will lose potency otherwise. Keep your dose low, dont overdo it, because it will lose its magic. I use like 0.5g per dose when I use it, and have not built up a significant tolerance. You can become dependent on it though, but its no worse han caffein addiction. There was a point where I couldnt get off my ass to do anything without it, but as soon as I dosed, I was instantly in business. 1kg has lasted me a couple years.

Kratom does work wonders

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist [Re: Dabadoodledoo710]
    #24721280 - 10/19/17 07:15 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Wait wait

TBC set the substrate on fire? You said you poured iso on trich and burned it?  Holy fuck. I am speechless.

OfflineSteevo
Just a cog in the death wheel
 User Gallery

Loc: Here and There
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist [Re: mushboy]
    #24721305 - 10/19/17 07:34 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Kratom is great except my dosages are high when I take it :awesomenod:

:2cents: I don't understand why we hang onto grows that are clearly doomed, even after ppl with yrs of experience tell us that it is. Is it a weird attachment thing we get? all the work we put in? Why can't we just rip the bandaid off and chalk it up as a learning experience? Get it outside and give it a chance out there. Stop the torture. Fungi have rights too man! :stoned:

--------------------

InvisibleTheMadHatter420
Trusted Farmer

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist [Re: Steevo]
    #24721313 - 10/19/17 07:39 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I think I had some shit kratom as I had to eat like a half oz to get a nice buzz.

--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

Offlineicetech
 User Gallery

Loc: FSM's loving noodles.
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist [Re: TheMadHatter420]
    #24721331 - 10/19/17 07:55 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I just want to confess that i fucking HATE polyfill after doing my first 12 jars.. i think it's the lsd making me want to make it perfect.. but took a hour of giving haircuts.. then starting over til i have nice uniform jars.. grr

I did kratom for awhile but no matter how small the dose i took it just made me feel like i had food poisoning for a day.. wish i had the results i see people talk about :frown: ended up throwing away almost a pound of it.

--------------------

OfflineSpotter
Making you all look good

Loc: True North Flag
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist [Re: icetech]
    #24721347 - 10/19/17 08:11 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Lsd causes OCD? I've never tried poly or kratom.

My first jar filters were synthetic saturated with super glue. Now I use tyvek inside and out with felt on top of the outer layer.

--------------------
Its all about the Hericium erinaceus yo.
Spotters Resume

Offlineicetech
 User Gallery

Loc: FSM's loving noodles.
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist [Re: Spotter]
    #24721459 - 10/19/17 09:36 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah. i had the poly so said meh.. after about 8 i got better.. getting them tight enough that i wont worry bout them was the main thing.. gotta twist em tight as you pull through then untwist :smile:

And yeah.. microdosing lsd.. all depression GONE.. all the shit that makes me want to kill idiots all day just rolls off now.. and when you start a project something just drives you to finish it without any fucking around. Best side effects ever..

First time my buddy used it he was like "Wtf?! i just made a sandwich and spent 10 minutes getting the aluminum foil Just right.. "

Quote:

Spotter said:
Lsd causes OCD? I've never tried poly or kratom.

My first jar filters were synthetic saturated with super glue. Now I use tyvek inside and out with felt on top of the outer layer.

--------------------

OfflinePsiloPsychIn
PsiloPsychIn
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: up north
Trusted Cultivator
    #24721642 - 10/19/17 10:58 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

TheMadHatter420 said:
I think I had some shit kratom as I had to eat like a half oz to get a nice buzz.

That was definitely crap Kratom... unless you are a heavy opiate / opiod user 6-7 grams should definitely work. Then again it is a subtle high so if you expect or want to get fucked up... yeah 14 grams or more will be needed.

--------------------
What are they saying? Listen carefully, it might be something you need to hear...

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist [Re: PsiloPsychIn]
    #24722311 - 10/19/17 03:21 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

No there was no fire Mushboy but the urge was there. Maybe someday. I did burn the fuck out of the with ISO. Ding dong the trich is dead. I didn't entirely expect that to work. I cut outside of the boundaries just to make sure I got it all. Anything blue is just fried mycelium or shrooms that got ISO on them. I have a feeling these are going to be some monster shrooms. There much bigger and not even close to opening yet. Those fucking stems are meaty. 10/10 would try this method again if trich was only taking over a small spot just to see if it works on a consistent basis. This is called the I'm desperate and I can't afford to lose another tub right now method.

--------------------

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #24722334 - 10/19/17 03:30 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

TheBlackCat said:
10/10 would try this method again if trich was only taking over a small spot just to see if it works on a consistent basis.

:strangelove:

InvisibleTheMadHatter420
Trusted Farmer

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist [Re: mushboy]
    #24722418 - 10/19/17 03:57 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

The trich is NOT gone. It doesn't go away like that. I have fought trich to many times and tried cutting it out. It grows throughout the substrate before it breaks the surface. You will probably make this flush but that is it, you WILL see the trich again.

--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

OfflineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24722447 - 10/19/17 04:06 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Thats why I suggested cutting out 3/4" from the visible trich (the grey part) infection. I would not have used ISO, but whatever floats your boat lol

--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell

OfflineSteevo
Just a cog in the death wheel
 User Gallery

Loc: Here and There
    #24722496 - 10/19/17 04:24 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Wow :facepalm3:

--------------------

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist [Re: Steevo]
    #24722651 - 10/19/17 05:18 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I'm sure as fuck not expecting another flush. But these looked like they wanted to become some meaty shrooms so I'll let this one finish. This bins trash. I keep forgetting to throw out this damn purple mystic tub. How it is still fruiting and not contaminating I have no Idea. This is like the 5th or 6th flush and it's producing random bonus shrooms. The little shrooms are the ones I never cleaned off from the last flush. Like I literally left this sub to die. Some leucistics popped up with the mystics. Going to clone that little guy once it opens up to see if I can't get a leucistic strain eventually.

Also math on weed is now a hard limit. I wanted to make 18 jars and it looks like I am now the proud owner of 20 quarts of perfectly hydrated grain. Looks like I'm making 4 1/2 bins instead of two. Fuck it works for me. Also random bonus oysters from the tub I put aside. Just put the humidifier on for them. Winner, winner oyster dinner.

Also I confess I accidentally spritzed the purple mystic tub with ISO instead of water because my dumb ass was trying to do too much at once and didn't put it back in the closet. Luckily I spritz into the air and let the water fall onto the shrooms so most of the iso evaporated before it hit the surface. But still. WTF.

--------------------

Edited by TheBlackCat (10/19/17 05:21 PM)

OfflineDrayce
Spidget Finner
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaia
    #24722907 - 10/19/17 06:45 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Does anybody try crazy shit like intense ozone to de-contaminate or sterilize stuff?
Or like; use a 'violet wand' (which also creates ozone) for such things?
I have an experiment with used but live sub mixed w/straw & I threw a handful of peat moss that was sitting open outside all summer, and now I have fungus gnats popping out....
I squished the ones I could, sprayed some thymol-based hippie disinfectant on 'em and tried to kinda wipe off the peat...

Just wondering aloud before I scour the interwebs.
Also wondering if music or soothing electromagnetic or other types of waves (not microwaves-there's plenty floating around anyway) would have an effect on mycelium?

I'm an electronics geek.  That's why I have such a thing as a violet wand, tesla coils, and other neat stuff.

Oh- yeah... don't get all uptight. Its in a bag.  What do guys call them?  A 'mold condenser' or 'suffocation sac' or something?

--------------------
:beer::potleaf::paperbag::mushroom::lsdabc::mushroom::rail2::dancingbear::pill2::oc80mg::meff::alprazolam::drwario::cubie::mushdance::sporedrop:
“The moment is where we spend most of our time.” – Terence McKenna

Edited by Drayce (10/19/17 06:50 PM)

OfflineSpotter
Making you all look good

Loc: True North Flag
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist [Re: Drayce]
    #24722918 - 10/19/17 06:50 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I confess I now need tesla coils for my next grow.

--------------------
Its all about the Hericium erinaceus yo.
Spotters Resume

OfflineDrayce
Spidget Finner
 User Gallery

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist [Re: Spotter]
    #24722919 - 10/19/17 06:51 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Weirder stuff has happened...

--------------------
:beer::potleaf::paperbag::mushroom::lsdabc::mushroom::rail2::dancingbear::pill2::oc80mg::meff::alprazolam::drwario::cubie::mushdance::sporedrop:
“The moment is where we spend most of our time.” – Terence McKenna

OfflineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist [Re: Drayce]
    #24722937 - 10/19/17 06:56 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Drayce said:
Does anybody try crazy shit like intense ozone to de-contaminate or sterilize stuff?

Here's what you're looking for, Drayce. Fly my pretty...

Once you're done playing mad scientist, please come back and tell us some christmas stories about crack in the hood.

:justcantwait:

--------------------
FARTS

OfflineDrayce
Spidget Finner
 User Gallery

#24722947 - 10/19/17 07:02 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Bigbadwooof said:
Quote:

Drayce said:

Here's what you're looking for, Drayce. Fly my pretty...

Once you're done playing mad scientist, please come back and tell us some christmas stories about crack in the hood.

:justcantwait:

Okey-doke.  Will do.

Edit- Well yeah UV is just ONE part of the spectrum.
I really want one of those hand-held jobs, but there so cheaply made......

Thats it!!  I will design and build my own UV sterilizer, hand held, running on my supply of 18650's i have.
Heh-heh-hee  time for some mad scientist shit for sure!

Edited by Drayce (10/19/17 07:05 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 386 | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | 394 | 395 | 396 | 397 | 398 | 399 | 400 | 401 | 402 | 403 | 404 | 405 | 406 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate