Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 1075 | 1076 | 1077 | 1078 | 1079 | 1080 | 1081 | 1082 | 1083 | 1084 | 1085 | 1086 | 1087 | 1088 | 1089 | 1090 | 1091 | 1092 | 1093 | 1094 | 1095 | Next >
OfflineAdrenochrome
Transient Being

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist *DELETED* [Re: roarkell]
    #27144157 - 01/12/21 06:22 PM (11 days, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

roarkell said:
I confess I'm gonna be cutting some "friends" this year... got a few people that have been doing a lot more taking than giving around me... I don't expect anything from my friends other than respect... if you can't respect my time and all the hard work and help ive put in on your behalf, you can take a long walk off a short pier... lol

At least you have options hahaha

--------------------

Go spend some quality time with your loved ones.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineroarkellS
The Roar Master!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Southern WI Flag
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist *DELETED* [Re: Adrenochrome]
    #27144181 - 01/12/21 06:34 PM (11 days, 4 hours ago)

Man... there's one dude that was an acquaintance about 15 years ago that randomly saw me in a bar 2 years back... within a week I was watching his untrained 110lb pit bull for 10 days while he was on vacation... it only went down hill from there... hes got 7 or 8 baby mamas, although he's been at arms length for a while so he could have easily upped that number... lol

OfflineAdrenochrome
Transient Being

#27144277 - 01/12/21 07:48 PM (11 days, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

roarkell said:
Man... there's one dude that was an acquaintance about 15 years ago that randomly saw me in a bar 2 years back... within a week I was watching his untrained 110lb pit bull for 10 days while he was on vacation... it only went down hill from there... hes got 7 or 8 baby mamas, although he's been at arms length for a while so he could have easily upped that number... lol

Sounds like a grade A cock-smooch. I hate feeling swindled in the name of friendship. I am sick and tired of “contract” relationships.

--------------------

Go spend some quality time with your loved ones.

InvisibleD3monicS
Weeb Trash
I'm a teapot

Loc: Year Zero
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist *DELETED* [Re: Adrenochrome]
    #27144290 - 01/12/21 07:55 PM (11 days, 2 hours ago)

I can count the number of people I associate with on one hand. I keep my circle tight as fuck

OfflineGypsyBastard
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Loc: The Mighty Boosh
    #27144316 - 01/12/21 08:08 PM (11 days, 2 hours ago)

Quote:

roarkell said:

I had a really bad habit of doing this at work, especially for friends I worked with (in that particular industry it is not unusual for people to raise through the ranks together so work friends sorta become career partners). I don't have kids or a wife and they always used that against me. Like oh hey I need (favor) so I can be with my kid for (x) or can't afford babysitter so I need (favor), or it's my wife's (special occasion) so I need (favor). I always did it not realizing that I was preventing myself from developing a life where I could have those things. I lost more than one relationship because of work all while going out of my way to help others have that life and relationship.
The worst part is that when you finally say no and explain why this has to stop, you become the asshole. I really wish I had learned this sooner.
Currently, there is not a single person within 2 states of me that I that I would call a close friend and I'm in no hurry to change that.

OfflineSockadin
Male User Gallery

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist *DELETED* [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #27144349 - 01/12/21 08:17 PM (11 days, 2 hours ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
Is it a giant melted burnt mess or did it literally run out of water as soon as the cycle finished?

Nope just out of water, all good towel still had moisture in it. Sorry I dont get on as often to confess.

OfflineroarkellS
The Roar Master!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Southern WI Flag
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist *DELETED* [Re: Sockadin]
    #27144399 - 01/12/21 08:36 PM (11 days, 2 hours ago)

Quote:

Sockadin said:
Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
Is it a giant melted burnt mess or did it literally run out of water as soon as the cycle finished?

Nope just out of water, all good towel still had moisture in it. Sorry I dont get on as often to confess.

You had us all worried!

@Gypsy - I did the same thing the first 7ish years working in food service... id cover extra shifts multiple times a week, loaning out money for car repairs and shit so people could cover for me... shit, half the time I was selling weed out the back door just to keep my ass covered! Lol... I like being kinda anonymous where I work and being a high level welder, I dont have many people that just come up and talk to me... unless they need something fixed of course... lol

Edit:
I confess I'm excited as hell to finally get a chance to weld on some Titanium! I pissed off most of my coworkers cuz I opted for the hardest test... lol!  do it right or dont do it at all!

Edited by roarkell (01/12/21 08:39 PM)

OfflineA.k.a
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist *DELETED* [Re: GypsyBastard]
    #27144403 - 01/12/21 08:38 PM (11 days, 2 hours ago)

Quote:

GypsyBastard said:
Quote:

roarkell said:

I had a really bad habit of doing this at work, especially for friends I worked with (in that particular industry it is not unusual for people to raise through the ranks together so work friends sorta become career partners). I don't have kids or a wife and they always used that against me. Like oh hey I need (favor) so I can be with my kid for (x) or can't afford babysitter so I need (favor), or it's my wife's (special occasion) so I need (favor). I always did it not realizing that I was preventing myself from developing a life where I could have those things. I lost more than one relationship because of work all while going out of my way to help others have that life and relationship.
The worst part is that when you finally say no and explain why this has to stop, you become the asshole. I really wish I had learned this sooner.
Currently, there is not a single person within 2 states of me that I that I would call a close friend and I'm in no hurry to change that.

Yeah but if anybody thinks you’re an asshole for that then they don’t deserve any more of your help anyhow. It is a bitch when it’s somebody you’re stuck with like coworkers.

I made it to like my mid 20s before I started chopping off fools that I’d known for a while but the good times hanging out weren’t worth the bullshit they always brought anymore.

I’ve taken a ton of shit from guys who pride themselves on being hard because I’ll catch people trying to fuck me and not say anything. I try explaining that I’m not a bitch, I just don’t care. Now I know who this guy really is. He thinks he’s slick pulling one over on me but just cuz I don’t say anything doesn’t mean I don’t know. I’m not here to try and force people into being good, I’m here to see what you’re really about. If I call the bullshit out all it’s gonna do is make him hide it better.

I’ve left quite a few motherfuckers in the lurch when they thought I’d bail them out. I’ll tolerate the nonsense but once I know that’s who you are the second I don’t need you anymore I’m gone.

There’s a great quote I don’t fully remember but it’s something along the lines of

“My kindness is not weakness, and my silence is not acceptance or agreement”.

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflineSankhara
Trump's lost child
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Argentina Flag
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist *DELETED* [Re: Sockadin] * 1
    #27144547 - 01/12/21 09:35 PM (11 days, 1 hour ago)

Today when inoculating i pushed an agar wedge with the side of the lid and into the jar

Thats what I call living on the edge:laugh:

Lets hope this jar doesnt contaminate. I refuse to throw it away without knowing if it is contaminated.

God I hate making stupid mistakes like this....

OfflineGypsyBastard
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Loc: The Mighty Boosh
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist *DELETED* [Re: Sankhara]
    #27144560 - 01/12/21 09:41 PM (11 days, 1 hour ago)

I confess I did similar when I, without even thinking, I wiped a dribble of agar from the rim of the media bottle with my finger. By the time I realized what I was doing it was done. Still poured the rest of the bottle into plates but hated myself the entire time.

OfflineA.k.a
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist *DELETED* [Re: GypsyBastard]
    #27144595 - 01/12/21 10:04 PM (11 days, 47 minutes ago)

The outside or inside of the lid?? That’s definitely rolling the myco dice.

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflineQuirkmeister92
Street Doctor

Loc: Grateful Dead USA
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist *DELETED* [Re: A.k.a]
    #27144878 - 01/13/21 02:13 AM (10 days, 20 hours ago)

I confess after a long day of shopping to make cocktails I failed to purchase vermin control. I first spotted a mouse 5 days ago or so and 2 days now went to the store. Fucker nubbled like 4 bags I messed up, but figured would slowly finish as they were just too dry. I put some sugar with baking powder out hut I guess maybe not enough of the baking powder. :shrug:

--------------------
Come over to the oat side...

Offlinealaskappalachian
peakbagger

Loc: The 49th Dimension
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist *DELETED* [Re: Quirkmeister92]
    #27144920 - 01/13/21 03:00 AM (10 days, 19 hours ago)

I confess I really empathize with a lot of these sentiments about "friends".  I spent years being everyone's rock until I finally gained a functional understanding of the old saying "he who has quenched his thirst immediately turns his back on the well,  no longer needing it."

I also confess I had a run-in with PC drought recently.  First time it's happened with one of my Presto units.  Regular 90min cycle with 3 qts water and when I took the lid off there was maybe 1/3 cup of water in the depression in the bottom. :uhoh:

So much relatable stuff in this thread.  Sometimes (I must confess) I read through it to get that feeling of relatability.  :thatsinteresting:

--------------------

“Science does not need mysticism and mysticism does not need science. But man needs both.”
-Fritjof Capra

LAGM2021

Invisiblecapntrips7
Moldsmith

Loc: Urithiru
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist *DELETED* [Re: alaskappalachian]
    #27144935 - 01/13/21 03:11 AM (10 days, 19 hours ago)

I confess that I ran my PC dry on my first batch of oats, so it only went 70 of the planned 90 minutes. It must have worked out, since I'll be harvesting the fruits from one of those jars in the next few hours.

--------------------
LAGM2021

OfflineGrimsweeper
don't fear the sweeper
 User Gallery

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist *DELETED* [Re: alaskappalachian] * 1
    #27144937 - 01/13/21 03:16 AM (10 days, 19 hours ago)

I confess I'm pretty fucked up on Edibles and vodka tonics. If I confessed anything more legitimate I'd be looking at it 6 hours from now and telling myself put your phone in a drawer when you're up late.

--------------------
When you clean a vacuum cleaner, you are a vacuum cleaner.

Grimsweeper's not so simple AF All in One Vend-O-Matic Grow Chamber 5000
Grim's Groovy GrimGrains
ShroomCubes
Build yourself a Flow Hood in these 99 simple steps
DEHYDRO-MATIC 5000
Trim your liner like a boss

OfflineSankhara
Trump's lost child
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Argentina Flag
    #27144973 - 01/13/21 04:33 AM (10 days, 18 hours ago)

Quote:

A.k.a said:
The outside or inside of the lid?? That’s definitely rolling the myco dice.

The outside... i was definetively not paying attention. But fuck it, who knows, maybe im lucky!

Its funny how we take so many precautions and care so much ablut sterility and then fuck it up on the dumbest ways

OfflineInthepit
Anicca, Dukkha, Anatta
Male User Gallery

Loc: Puerto Rico
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist *DELETED* [Re: Sankhara]
    #27145105 - 01/13/21 07:52 AM (10 days, 14 hours ago)

"Its funny how we take so many precautions and care so
much ablut sterility and then fuck it up on the dumbest ways "

Ya know that's exactly what I was thinking. Last time I went to
grain, after all the tracking, logs, spread sheets, I forgot to
note which jar went to which shoebox! Booom! Crap shoot!

--------------------
GLOSSARY        :chugbeer:        My LAGM21

OfflineMyc_Hunt
Bacteria's Bitch
Male

Loc: Fungal Void
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist *DELETED* [Re: Inthepit]
    #27145151 - 01/13/21 08:30 AM (10 days, 14 hours ago)

Loooool. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten into the groove with transfers and forgot which plates were what because I was just flying through em

--------------------
LAGM 2021

OfflineA.k.a
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS - of an amateur mycologist *DELETED* [Re: Myc_Hunt]
    #27145158 - 01/13/21 08:33 AM (10 days, 14 hours ago)

Last lagm I did a bunch of transfers without wrapping the plates and was stacking them on the SAB as I went. I was so stoked on getting all the cultures going and then I stood up and bumped the box and they all flew on the floor and my dogs gobbled them up. :laugh2:

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflineMyc_Hunt
Bacteria's Bitch
Male

Loc: Fungal Void
    #27145185 - 01/13/21 08:45 AM (10 days, 14 hours ago)

🤣

--------------------
LAGM 2021

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 1075 | 1076 | 1077 | 1078 | 1079 | 1080 | 1081 | 1082 | 1083 | 1084 | 1085 | 1086 | 1087 | 1088 | 1089 | 1090 | 1091 | 1092 | 1093 | 1094 | 1095 | Next >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation