Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

advice for my first WBS jars?
    #2390373 - 03/01/04 06:54 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm making my first WBS jars this week...does anyone have any advice on how to get the water content right and not burst the grains while pcing? Also I've read that WBS jars don't respond well to multispore innoculation...is this true? Would I be wasting my spores without using karo/agar/g2g? Any other helpful hints, quirks, or comments?

SM

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
Re: advice for my first WBS jars? [Re: simplemachine]
    #2390387 - 03/01/04 07:08 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

just let them drain (shaking here and there) after you soak/rinse them for 20 minutes and youll be oafoaf usually dosent wait 5 min...uses some paper towel to get as much moisture outta the seeds then loads and pc's

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Offlinetrkgsy
e-mail bomber
Loc: Mid-atlantic US
    #2390502 - 03/01/04 08:18 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You have a lot of posts simplemachine, this is really the first time you have done wbs?
I tried to make some WBS jars and only one even germinated so I'm not the person to ask but I would like to know how to make WBS jars that will grow mycelium instead of frustration. the last few jars I prepared had little few busted grains compared to my first few. All I did was raise them a few inches off the bottom of the pc.
That didn't help me to much though
Good luck man

Trkgsy

InvisibleSemilanceata
No god, no boss

Loc: República Federal Íbera
    #2390529 - 03/01/04 08:31 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

What I do: Rinse well, soak for 12-24 hours in tap water, rinse well, drain well (30 minutes min.), load jars, PC for 90 minutes, let cool for 2 hours, shake jars, let cool completely and inoc. with mycellium obtained via Honey Tek. Didn?t have any problems.

--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #2390605 - 03/01/04 09:10 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Here is a method Cousin IT has been usuing for some time now and has "never " had grains explode , always had plenty of moisture for myc development .
Using half pinters , put 1\3 of a cup of grain(milo\millett) into jars , add 40 mls of water , put into PC or AC for 45 min - 1 hour . When done let cool , give a shake to break it up , let cool some shake again , then when fully cooled to room temp do Inocs . If using bigger jars just multiply the recipe to the size of jar i.e. Pinters double it .... and so on up to 1 gal jars . If you plan on doing injectio inos add 1 more tablespoon of grain and 10 mls more water , this allows for grain to fill jars more so that needle comes in contact with the grain for a good germination , the less filled jars are good for agar inocs that require a more thourough shaking .
Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

Re: advice for my first WBS jars? [Re: tripndicular]
    #2390929 - 03/01/04 11:07 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

How much is one pint in mililiters ?

Offlineluckytriple6
spun, confused, and needing hugs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: lost in head... come find...
    #2390940 - 03/01/04 11:11 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I had problems with filling my jars too much, how much do you put in and how full are the jars after going in the pc. I was using pint jars and white millet btw

OfflineMister Black
smokes pot

Re: advice for my first WBS jars? [Re: baltazar]
    #2390948 - 03/01/04 11:14 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

One pint is equal to 473.176473 milliliters.

I've found ask.com to be a huge help when it comes to weight/volume conversions. Just go there and type "(amount) to (amount) convert". It will give you the 1:(amount) ratio and also a calculator that you can enter in your own ratio at the top of the page.

For example i typed "pint to milliliter convert" and got This.

InvisibleSemilanceata
No god, no boss

Loc: República Federal Íbera
Re: advice for my first WBS jars? [Re: Mister Black]
    #2391486 - 03/01/04 02:03 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Mister Black said:

Really? I thought 1 pint= 570 mililiters

--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #2391620 - 03/01/04 02:44 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

try mixing in verm at 2 parts wbs 1 part verm
toss in a little brf and flax seed mill
don't forget to soak that wbs overnite :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:
    good luck!

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
Re: advice for my first WBS jars? [Re: george castanza]
    #2391764 - 03/01/04 03:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Here's a method I've used. I take the birdseed I need and put it in a pot. I then cook the grain on a low simmer for about a half hour and then put in a strainer and rinse the grain. I load up the jars and PC as normal. Very few grains explode, the ones that do are usually located at the bottom of the jars. If you are using spores, you need to get the spore solution drip to the bottom of the jars. My theory for the poor germination with spores is that they NEED exploded grains to germinate. Otherwise the spores cannot germinate on the hulls and seed coats of the grains. I want to test my hypothesis some day by mixing the cooked, rinsed grains with diluted honey to see if that will speed up colonization of grain using spores. My only worry is that this method will increase contamination risks.

OfflineTheOneYouKnow
addict
    #2391849 - 03/01/04 04:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Mister Black said:

I've found ask.com to be a huge help when it comes to weight/volume conversions. Just go there and type "(amount) to (amount) convert". It will give you the 1:(amount) ratio and also a calculator that you can enter in your own ratio at the top of the page.

For example i typed "pint to milliliter convert" and got
This.

www.convertit.com kicks ass too

InvisibleChibboleth
    #2391874 - 03/01/04 04:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Mister Black said:

Actually Google does this really well now. Just do a search for "1 pint in milliliters" to see what I mean. The thing will do just about any unit too, including things like stones, furlongs...

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: advice for my first WBS jars? [Re: biglo]
    #2392990 - 03/01/04 10:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

biglo said:
Here's a method I've used.  I take the birdseed I need and put it in a pot.  I then cook the grain on a low simmer for about a half hour and then put in a strainer and rinse the grain.  I load up the jars and PC as normal.  Very few grains explode, the ones that do are usually located at the bottom of the jars.  If you are using spores, you need to get the spore solution drip to the bottom of the jars.  My theory for the poor germination with spores is that they NEED exploded grains to germinate.  Otherwise the spores cannot germinate on the hulls and seed coats of the grains.  I want to test my hypothesis some day by mixing the cooked, rinsed grains with diluted honey to see if that will speed up colonization of grain using spores.  My only worry is that this method will increase contamination risks.

Has anyone else had trouble germinating mmultispore innoculated WBS jars?

SM

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags