Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Tacos

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewiggles
Miffed a Milf
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Help me plan dinner for the shroomygirl!
    #6267568 - 11/10/06 02:09 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

So I finally think I may have found a girl who enjoys all of the same interests as me. In fact, she was the one who asked me out, lol. Either way, i was hoping to make something, but I have a limited pantry at my disposal. Here's what I have:

-6 eggs
-Honey
-A lb of ground beef, frozen
-About 15 cans of green beans
-A few cans of whole peeled potatoes
-A can of refried beans
-A can of cream of chicken soup (condensed)
-Some cans of mixed veggies
-A large bag of jasmine rice
-Black beans
-A can of tuna
-Butter

Now, there's a lot of simple things I could make, from a beef stew, to some ghetto style tacos. However, I'd like to make something a little nice if I'm able. Does anything stand out to you guys that could make a really nice meal? I was thinking rice and beans as a side dish.. its simple enough, and with all of the sazon I have i can make it taste exquisite - I was also considering making bananas with butter, cinnamon and sugar for dessert, but the main course is still leaving me stumped.

I know, a shroomygirl probobly wouldn't be impressed anyway, but hey, I enjoy cooking, I'm just strapped for cash and cooking supplies atm :frown:

--------------------

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Hunter S. Thompson

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinehobbitxkillyou
Shark wrestlingchampion

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: Help me plan dinner for the shroomygirl! [Re: wiggles]
    #6268124 - 11/10/06 09:42 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Here's my suggestion:

Buy a couple fresh green peppers. They're usually only like 50 cents each or so, at least where I buy em, so it should be do-able to get 4 or so. Then use the rice and beef to make stuffed peppers. Fantastic meal. Then make a side dish with whatever veggies you'd like.

If you want a rockin recipe for stuffed peppers post here or pm me, I'll hook you up.

p.s. It doesn't matter if she's a shroomeygirl or not. If you cook her a bangin dinner she'll eat it up.  :smirk: I've never known a girl who doesn't absolutely love when a guy cooks for them.

p.s.s. Use decent plates if you have em. If you plan on any kind of nice dinner, do not use paper plates. Believe me, it'll make a huge difference.

--------------------
When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro.

-H. S. Thompson

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #6268347 - 11/10/06 11:15 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Chile Rellenos Casserole

2 large fresh poblano chile peppers, anaheim chile peppers, green sweet peppers
1 1/2 cups shredded jack cheese
3-4 beaten eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground red pepper (or to taste)

1. Quarter the peppers & remove seeds, stems and veins. Immerse peppers into boiling water for 3 minutes; drain. Invert peppers on paper towels to drain well. Place the peppers in a well-greased 2-quart square baking dish. Top with 1 cup of the cheese.

2. In a bowl combine milk and beaten eggs. Add flour, baking powder, ground red pepper, and 1/8 tsp salt. Beat until smooth. Pour egg mixture over peppers and cheese.

3. Bake, uncovered, in a 450 degree oven about 15 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the egg mixture comes out clean. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Let stand about 5 minutes or until the cheese melts. If desired, serve with picante sauce and sour cream.

**If your date is not a vegetarian, you could brown the ground beef & add during the peppers and cheese step. This makes the casserole much more hearty and filling.**

This casserole would be a good entree for your planned side dish and dessert. You'll need to buy the cheese & peppers, but you might be able to borrow the flour & milk from a neighbor, and "pay" them back later when you've gone shopping again.

OfflineHighGuy
Stranger

Re: Help me plan dinner for the shroomygirl! [Re: Veritas]
    #6268690 - 11/10/06 01:51 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

If you add beef that caserole sounds good as hell.

--------------------
http://www.lp.org
Start making America free again.

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Help me plan dinner for the shroomygirl! [Re: HighGuy]
    #6268765 - 11/10/06 02:15 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, it is really delicious. It is a great way to use leftover meat & veggies, too. Just mix your shredded chicken/beef/pork and/or veggies with the peppers and cheese prior to pouring the egg mixture.

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Help me plan dinner for the shroomygirl! [Re: Veritas]
    #6270540 - 11/11/06 12:09 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

my mom makes this awesome thing. you need flour though. mix about half butter and half flour (i'm not sure about this ratio, you want it to stick to the GB which requires flour but you don't want too much flour) in a pan and heat it, then add the green beans and mix until they are warm. the buttery-ness sticks to the greenbeans and makes an awesome sidedish, almost like eating candy

InvisibleGabbaDj
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #23916753 - 12/11/16 05:56 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Crumble, season and cook the hamburger.  Drain it
Mix this with the cream soup and canned vegetables.  Put this mix into an oven safe dish about 3 inches thick.  Small rammikans work best.
Boil the potatoes, mash, season and spread this on top of the beef mix.
Bake this till it gets brown..

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG          C8.com                    http://www.beatsopjefiets.com/   

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Tacos

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing