Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCrispykoot
Jello Wrangler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
What's this one called? No I don't have a print.
    #23912380 - 12/10/16 07:51 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

My buddy found this in Alabama last spring/Summer I believe...He ate it. I'm assuming this is an Amanita? Said it was active.

--------------------

:gd_icon: Shadowboxing the apocalypse and wandering the land :gd_icon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemaynardjameskeenan
The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Merica
Trusted Identifier
Re: What's this one called? No I don't have a print. [Re: Crispykoot]
    #23913965 - 12/10/16 05:24 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Looks like an Amanita (I've never seen a green one) they aren't psychoactive in the classical sense, more like a deliriant/dissociative. You might want to let your friend know to not eat unidentified Amanitas because some are deadly toxic.

--------------------
May you be filled with loving kindness.
May you be well.
May you be peaceful and at ease.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

InvisibleByrain

Trusted Identifier
Re: What's this one called? No I don't have a print. [Re: Crispykoot] * 1
    #23914005 - 12/10/16 05:37 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Looks like someone used a magic marker or something to color an Amanita and fuck with you.

OfflineCrispykoot
Jello Wrangler
Male User Gallery

Re: What's this one called? No I don't have a print. [Re: Byrain]
    #23914258 - 12/10/16 06:54 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Byrain said:
Looks like someone used a magic marker or something to color an Amanita and fuck with you.

Unlikely.... My buddy is one of the most psychedelic people that I have known. Old school family. He found it, prepared it and ate it.  I'm just curious. I know there are green ones, but the combo colour thing is pretty odd. Of course you never can trust a prankster but it would be interesting if it was a mutant of some sort.

--------------------

InvisibleburtonRebel
Male

#23914273 - 12/10/16 06:59 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Crispykoot said:
Quote:

Byrain said:

Unlikely.... My buddy is one of the most psychedelic people that I have known. Old school family. He found it, prepared it and ate it.  I'm just curious. I know there are green ones, but the combo colour thing is pretty odd. Of course you never can trust a prankster but it would be interesting if it was a mutant of some sort.

lol @ old school family.

InvisibleByrain

Trusted Identifier
    #23914369 - 12/10/16 07:39 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Crispykoot said:
Quote:

Byrain said:

Well, either someone is being fooled or the mushroom was colored through some environmental condition or other factor like if someone was spraying something green. Either way I wouldn't eat a strangely colored unknown Amanita species and I wouldn't suggest anyone else does either. Also I would be weary of any drug advice from someone telling you that is hallucinogenic.

InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #23914558 - 12/10/16 09:10 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Looks like the photo has some weird filters applied.

OfflineCrispykoot
Jello Wrangler
Male User Gallery

#23914592 - 12/10/16 09:29 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

burtonRebel said:
Quote:

Crispykoot said:
Quote:

Byrain said:

lol @ old school family.

Pretty much though...some older than others...
Quote:

Byrain said:
Quote:

Crispykoot said:
Quote:

Byrain said:

Well, either someone is being fooled or the mushroom was colored through some environmental condition or other factor like if someone was spraying something green. Either way I wouldn't eat a strangely colored unknown Amanita species and I wouldn't suggest anyone else does either. Also I would be weary of any drug advice from someone telling you that is hallucinogenic.

Quote:

Byrain said:
Quote:

Crispykoot said:
Quote:

Byrain said:

Obviously unsure of the coloration, but it seems highly unlikely that it was sprayed with something green. He did prepare and eat it, and it was hallucinogenic. It did no obvious damage to his system. That's all I can say about it. Thank you for having a look.

--------------------

OfflineCrispykoot
Jello Wrangler
Male User Gallery

Re: What's this one called? No I don't have a print. [Re: Ran-D]
    #23914612 - 12/10/16 09:40 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Ran-D said:
Looks like the photo has some weird filters applied.

I'm not seeing that, but that doesn't mean much...I don't know how a filter would work with a photo, but you can see the color of the back of the mushroom in the reflection coming off of the window.

--------------------

OfflineLucisM
Nutritional Yeast

Re: What's this one called? No I don't have a print. [Re: Crispykoot] * 1
    #23914663 - 12/10/16 09:55 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

I have seen Hypomyces hyalinus cause species of Amanita to turn greenish, might be that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypomyces_hyalinus

--------------------
©️

InvisibleByrain

Trusted Identifier
Re: What's this one called? No I don't have a print. [Re: Lucis]
    #23914752 - 12/10/16 10:30 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

An infection could be a good idea, the point remains that it does not contain psilocybin.

InvisibleburtonRebel
Male

#23915250 - 12/11/16 04:45 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

i don't know man. At the absolute very best that's an Amanita muscaria or pantherina.

OfflineCrispykoot
Jello Wrangler
Male User Gallery

#23915313 - 12/11/16 06:23 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Byrain...I don't think the question is whether or not an Amanita would contain psilocybin. Really? I also don't need advice from you about how I do drugs or from whom I take my advice about them when needed. I assure you I take psychedelic use very seriously and have tripped hundreds of times throughout my life and still do. The fact is people with the experience to do so use Amanitas to trip and not just Muscaria. I'm curious about what this is that's all.

--------------------

OfflineCrispykoot
Jello Wrangler
Male User Gallery

Re: What's this one called? No I don't have a print. [Re: burtonRebel]
    #23915316 - 12/11/16 06:27 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

burtonRebel said:
i don't know man. At the absolute very best that's an Amanita muscaria or pantherina.

It's a mystery. I don't think it's Pantherina because it's not brown. Maybe its a green variety mutant. Either way it was a long shot... thank you for looking.

--------------------

OfflineCrispykoot
Jello Wrangler
Male User Gallery

Re: What's this one called? No I don't have a print. [Re: Lucis]
    #23915318 - 12/11/16 06:29 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Fennario said:
I have seen Hypomyces hyalinus cause species of Amanita to turn greenish, might be that.

Interesting..that makes some sense to me...The effects on the shroom are natural.

--------------------

OfflineCrispykoot
Jello Wrangler
Male User Gallery

#23915325 - 12/11/16 06:35 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Crispykoot said:
Quote:

Fennario said:

Interesting..that makes some sense to me...The effects on the shroom are natural.

I actually think this is what's going on potentially. Some other parasitic on the mushroom like what happens with Lobsters...Same family in that case. Hypomyces.

--------------------

InvisibleRiverDweller1
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #23915328 - 12/11/16 06:37 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

This troll post should be deleted.  What a waste of time!

InvisibleByrain

Trusted Identifier
    #23915690 - 12/11/16 09:24 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Crispykoot said:
Byrain...I don't think the question is whether or not an Amanita would contain psilocybin. Really? I also don't need advice from you about how I do drugs or from whom I take my advice about them when needed. I assure you I take psychedelic use very seriously and have tripped hundreds of times throughout my life and still do. The fact is people with the experience to do so use Amanitas to trip and not just Muscaria. I'm curious about what this is that's all.

Geez, The guy is either screwing with you or is so far gone he hasn't a clue. I'm just trying to help you not eat w/e strange things your friend believes to be drugs. If you don't want to take the good advice than that is on you. Like burtonRebel at the very best its something along the lines of A. muscaria or A. patherina with similar compounds, but in that case it would probably contain the toxin muscarine too and is not a hallucinogenic or good drug. Still for your own sake please don't eat unidentified Amanita species.

Another idea than Hypomyces is some sort of bacteria or virus, but I personally like the Hypomces hypothesis more.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate