Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Paul Stamets, Perlite, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

rez tek problems
    #2391465 - 03/01/04 03:55 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

2 parts WBS to 1 part verm incubated and patched three times due to overly aggresive strain. F+ displaying vigorous tomatose growth. Since it's been placed in fruiting chamber (very thin layer of perlite and bubbler for air exchange) it continued to aggresively grow. It is now completely covering the casing layer (60/40 coir verm) and approaching the two week mark of no hyphal knots. It is also starting to yellow like over incubated jars in some areas. don't really want to deep scratch. HAd an identical project and birthed early to try to prevent the same thing from happening, and it now looks identical, casing completely colonized. Noticed much better pinning in past projects where the myc. has not colonized as much i.e. seeing it evenly sending aerial myc. through.Is this going to be a problem or is it just the strain? Would a cold shock help? Should I attempt to case once more and the cold shock? Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: rez tek problems [Re: thisone]
    #2391499 - 03/01/04 04:09 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I had a similar problem where it just kept vegetative growing and growing. Much to do with my summer temps being so high that the fruiting chamber was as hot as an incubator.

The solution, into the fridge over night and then it fruited. I wish I had done that several days sooner, I would have got a better result. So yes, cold shock it...what have you got to lose?

Pics in series of this tray, note the temp.

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

Re: rez tek problems [Re: Starter]
    #2391543 - 03/01/04 04:18 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

hey, great, I was hoping to get a reply from you. Well many thanks for the rez contribution in general and thanks for the advice. Do you happen to have dates for those photos. I've heard and seen in stamets that the pro's caing layer looks the same at birth as it does when first applied except you can see the myc. evenly beneath the surface. So should it be cold shocked once it has reached that point. Also. If planning on cold shocking, should the overcolonized casing be re-cased or just cold shocked? Also is that a second flush. The are fewer but larger fruit bodies than a similar Creeper project AFOAF has going. They have many fruits at different stages of maturity and there was a large even pinset that many have abhorted and many as I said are at different stages of growth. This could have been from overlay due to a similar heat problems. Thanks again.

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: rez tek problems [Re: thisone]
    #2391691 - 03/01/04 05:04 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

1st flush GT

2nd flush

3rd flush

The Creeper shown in ^above post is a 1st flush and no, I don't have the dates as the pics were uploaded as I had kb's to spare. All up, I can't be confident of answering your questions as the Creeper wasn't as uniform as the GT and the conditions were similar -- aka hot friggin' summer temps -- so I guess that's the strain in how it expresses in such circumstances...umm? However, it's the only Creeper tray so far done, yet to see how these Creeper ones go...

I can only say the heat made the yields smaller all round on everything my way, but damn I'm happy autumn is now here and those wetched temps are falling. :smile:

My only advice is flip 'em earlier to the fruiting chamber. Believe me, one can still get satisfactory results with trays 'direct-to-the-fruiting-chamber' and skip the incubation stage altogether.

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Paul Stamets, Perlite, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation