Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Loc: pass the gates of hell 2 ...
the us kidnaped a president of a foreign nation
    #2391062 - 03/01/04 12:00 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

wut the hell is goin on. they are saying that the US came to astrides house and told him the US was coming with the rebles and if he didnt go then he would die and other haitians would die. hes saying he was kidnaped and that now hes in some building and doesnt even know where he is.this smells funny because we said we wouldnt send troops to help astride but now all of a sudden we are sending troops? wut the fuck? this is bullshit something is fucked up here .anyone got any info ? you think its true that he was kidnaped?

--------------------
Mice have feelings

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Loc: pass the gates of hell 2 ...
Re: the us kidnaped a president of a foreign nation [Re: JameZTheNewbie]
    #2391105 - 03/01/04 12:10 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
Mice have feelings

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: the us kidnaped a president of a foreign nation [Re: JameZTheNewbie]
    #2392127 - 03/01/04 06:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Maxine Waters and some Robinson guy say they channeled Aristede, who told them he was kidnapped. He had no access to phones but someone slipped him a phone and the first person he called was......MAXINE WATERS? MAXINE WATERS??????? It's gonna take a little more than that nut's word for me. I do think it's possible that the US ambassador might have suggested he leave because we weren't going to guarantee his safety. He might be peeved at that. But kidnapped, I doubt it. And why the fuck would he call MAXINE WATERS????? Couldn't you think of someone else to call if you only had 1 phone call. Like a newspaper. He should have called Shirley Maclaine.

I'll believe it when I hear it from another source, and frankly Aristede himself isn't credible. There was good reason for those people to want him out, he became what he replaced, and there was some constitutional shenanigans that kept him in power.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: the us kidnaped a president of a foreign nation [Re: zappaisgod]
    #2392955 - 03/01/04 10:25 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Agreed. Aristide would say anything at this point in time. The thing is, if he admits he went of his own accord he can salvage at least SOME kind of "nobility" for himself:

"Yes, even though I believed my opponents were wrong and that I was the best hope for Haiti's future, my compassion for the Haitian people led me to realize that by stepping down voluntarily I could end the strife and bloodshed. I sacrificed my rightful position as leader in order to save innocent lives."

By claiming he was dragged (figuratively) kicking and screaming from the palace, he makes himself look even worse.

pinky

--------------------

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Phred]
    #2392968 - 03/01/04 10:29 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: the us kidnaped a president of a foreign nation [Re: ]
    #2393038 - 03/01/04 11:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

We don't have enough information yet to know to a certainty he is lying. But the only one saying he was abducted is Aristide himself, and the guy has a lengthy history of making...ummm... bizarre and self-serving statements which upon closer investigation turned out to bear no relation to the truth.

When he heard that the US forces weren't going to act as his personal bodyguards, he knew it was time to bail. It must have come as a shock to him that he was on his own this time. After all, the US helped him out after he'd been deposed in a coup, so he must have expected a replay. It doesn't surprise me that his bitterness in being "betrayed" (more accurately abandoned) by his onetime helpers is leading him to claim abduction.

Given the facts available, I can deduce the likelihood of who is lying here. Hint -- his last name is eight letters long and starts with "A".

pinky

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order