Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFryinHard
Hamburgerler
I'm a teapot

Loc: McDonalds
cigarette smoke cause contams?
    #2390780 - 03/01/04 10:22 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

hey guys i have a couple casings at my friends house, no lie, and hes always got like 5-9 people over. the thing is he doesnt smoke but all the loser people that come over do. and i went over there a day or two ago and his room was just clambaked with shitty tobacco smoke and some weed :smile:. i was wondering if anyone knows if all the chems in the smoke would contam or affect the casing. i think it might. but not sure yet. any insight would rock.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
Re: cigarette smoke cause contams? [Re: FryinHard]
    #2390790 - 03/01/04 10:25 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

it hasn't been a prob for my foaf
he always smokes cigs and weed around the room that has his fruiting chambers
the casings are in a chamber, right?
like a rubbermaid...?

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

OfflineMister Black
smokes pot

#2390825 - 03/01/04 10:35 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I've never thought that it was a good idea to have lots of people over when you are trying to grow shroms; More poeple=more contaminants, more distraction and more of a chance your closet op (or whatever) will be stumbled upon. A constant supply of guests is probably worse than the smoke they produce, especially if the people that are 'always' over are a circulating supply of different 5-9 peoples.

As far as smoke goes, unless you're actively decreasing the amount of oxygen available to the sroms by having a completely hotbox type environment for them to be in, you should be ok. I don't think smoke (tobacco or pot) contains active contaminants of any kind; your breath is probably worse than the smoke. As far as chemicals in the smoke, your friend should be ok unless the walls are turning brown or something, which would indicate a high concentration of nicotine in the air, the effects of which i'm not sure have been tested on shroms. I've smoked (pot, not cigarettes) around my shroms for as long as i've been growing them. Its actually been a fairly important part of the process. In fact I noticed this post because i spent quite a bit of time smoking pot while casing last night, and several of my casings got shotgun doses of thc.

If your friend is really concerned about the air quality of his environment, he might want to get a large ionizer for the room that people usually smoke in, or a small one for the room the shroms are in.

OfflinePsiloSteve
Bioinformant
    #2390868 - 03/01/04 10:47 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Cigarette smoke contaminates your lungs. It also puts tar on your teeth, smoke on your breath, rots your lungs!, and so on....

I just quit smoking after 8 years and I can't believe how compulsive I was.

--------------------
Don't worry be happy!

OfflineMister Black
smokes pot

Re: cigarette smoke cause contams? [Re: PsiloSteve]
    #2390901 - 03/01/04 10:57 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Ok thanks  thetruth.com...

:tongue:

InvisibleZapotecorum
AlcoHoliC

Loc: my conversion van
Re: cigarette smoke cause contams? [Re: Mister Black]
    #2391165 - 03/01/04 12:26 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

ciggerets contain fermaldhyde with is a preservative, i dont know about you but my lungs will last forever. thanks big tabacco for thinking of my long term lung presurvation.

thetruth.c*m is lies all lies. cigerette TAR contains many importent nutrients importent to a healthy body. nicotene helps build strong bones. CO build strong muscals and is great for overall cardio health. and if your sick smoke menthols, thay clear up that annoying runny nose with the first puff.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale