Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Tripping pets
    #2390456 - 03/01/04 07:54 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Come on, as if you've never given your pet a squirt of acid in its eye or an oz of shrooms!!!  I would, if I had a pet :crazy2:
Seriosuly though, have any of you done anything like this, what happened?

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshroomsi8
Kadiddle Hooper(Iazinguaswinzagshwamomiter)

Re: Tripping pets [Re: filthysock]
    #2390506 - 03/01/04 08:19 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

all i've done is blow ganja smoke on my iguana.. she closes her eyes and looks really happy when i do it.

--------------------

Edited by shroomsi8 (03/01/04 08:20 AM)

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #2390524 - 03/01/04 08:27 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I wouldn't, it would be very cruel to do. Why do you think anthropomorphically that the animal would enjoy it?

Would you drop LSD on a total unsuspecting straightoid and get enjoyment as you observe them thinking a.) they've been poisoned b.) they're going insane? An animal has even less reasoning power to deduct that!!

So if you think that's cool then you're a psychopath and I'm happy you don't have pets. Pets are for loving responsible owners ONLY, not for torturers & imbeciles.

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: Tripping pets [Re: Starter]
    #2390541 - 03/01/04 08:40 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

LOL!!!  Its just funny that you got that impression of me!  I was kidding about squirting acid on pets and giving a pet an oz of shrooms.  But seriosuly, animals do encounter psychedelics all around the world and most of them are quite fond of tripping (from my impression).  I was going to pick mushrooms at this place with alot of cows.  Crazy cows!  They were fucking following me everywhere the second I picked the first shroom I spotted, they were eagerly going for my bag :shocked: :laugh: :grin:  Dogs eat tonnes of things they come by in nature, naturally they would come by some fun plants.  I would ty to give my future dog a nice proportionate amount of mushrooms (like half a gram to a whole), taking a gram myself and taking a walk with it. 

"a.) they'be been poisoned b.) they're going insane? An animal has even less reasoning power to deduct that!!"

It is the act of reasoning that brings on the notion of unreasoning thus the fear from that can create an umpleasant trip.  Like when you trip you dont try to controll it or reason with the trip, you have to let it go... and thats the most natural reaction from an animal, I would say.  I'm not 100% sure about this though, thats why i'm asking this question and wondering how animals handle these type of things.  Damn hicks feeding their dogs with whiskey is fuckin alot worse!

--------------------

InvisibleMrPink
Stranger
    #2390616 - 03/01/04 09:15 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

THis is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

#2390618 - 03/01/04 09:16 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I really hope you're joking. That is NOT a cool thing to do. I hope you never get a pet and NEVER have children.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Invisibleshriek

#2390621 - 03/01/04 09:17 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

cows eat liberty caps :smile: ive seen it a few times.

OfflineKentuckyPWRLFTR
Lifter of heavyobjects
Male

Loc: Mt. Olympus
    #2390755 - 03/01/04 10:16 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"Seriosuly though, have any of you done anything like this, what happened?"

Now you were "joking"?

Starter points out the anthropomorphizing nature of your comment.

If you can't find people to "trip" with, try starting with yard grass- get it high and then work your way up to insects...

If animals ingest something- e.g. shit- in nature, then are you going to use that to justify hand-feeding them feces?

--------------------
In Xanadu did Kubla Khan a stately pleasure-dome decree...

"The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me."

OCD had rendered me completely insane and not believable.

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping pets [Re: KentuckyPWRLFTR]
    #2390778 - 03/01/04 10:22 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

KentuckyPWRLFTR said:
If animals ingest something- e.g. shit- in nature then are you going to use that to justify hand-feeding them feces?

Exactly. My dog eats cat shit but I wouldn't feed it to him.

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Tripping pets [Re: Dankman]
    #2391124 - 03/01/04 12:14 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i would never give drugs to an unsuspecting human/animal. it is cruel and immoral. i don't even like it when try to get their pets high on pot.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Invisibleshriek

Re: Tripping pets [Re: TODAY]
    #2391149 - 03/01/04 12:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i agree, i wouldnt give animals any drugs. one of my dog stole a hashish brownie once and i really felt sorry for the dog, he coulnt walk straight, used half an hour to get up in the chair and slept the whole day, ive noticed however that thesame dog comes and lay near me when i smoke after that, but i dont blow smoke in his face but the room is full of smoke so im sure he gets a little high of it-

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: Tripping pets [Re: shriek]
    #2391269 - 03/01/04 12:55 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

It's a fine line, because many of us have given a catnip toy to a cat before, and a few of us have even gotten the occasional pet stoned, when we were young and foolish, but generally, it is not something I would really do now...

Animals are different then humans -- they have different needs and desires, and intentionally getting an animal high is just not something I would do anymore...

PS: On a related note, does anybody remember that movie, "The Bear?" It was about the trials and tribulations of a young bear cub growing up, and there was a scene where the bear cub ingested some magic mushrooms, and had these strange visions. It was a pretty cute movie... :laugh:

--------------------

Invisiblehevvy_psi
groover

Re: Tripping pets [Re: Papaver]
    #2391289 - 03/01/04 01:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yeah! great movie, funny part :thumbup:

--------------------
egocentrism is bangin on the door
self-destructive selflessness
seeps out from the core
alone - eyes closed - an empty room
i'm curled on the floor
choose nothing, thus deciding
all the nothing i've in store.

Invisibleshroomsi8
Kadiddle Hooper(Iazinguaswinzagshwamomiter)

Re: Tripping pets [Re: hevvy_psi]
    #2391372 - 03/01/04 01:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Every time i start to puff, my iguana comes around and sits in front of me, because she likes to get high... if she did not express interest i would not give her smoke.

My friend's dog used to also come around every time we would puff.

--------------------

Offlineoggleman
Stranger
Male
Loc: Chicago
    #2391575 - 03/01/04 02:27 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I've gotten my own cat and my dog at my mom's house high before, they seem to hate having smoke blown in their face but they always do the same thing... freak out for awhile, eat, then sleep. They seemed a little freaked out, especially my dog, but its fun to watch em be high. I wouldn't recommend it or think its good for them, but I do it anyways. I would never give a pet psychedelic drugs tho, probably too much for an unsuspecting animal to handle. Although I have heard that petting a cat while ur on acid they will trip.

--------------------

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Tripping pets [Re: oggleman]
    #2391658 - 03/01/04 02:54 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Apes 'get high' on plants

Scientists believe apes may use recreational drugs.

Research has been carried out by Professor Michael
Huffman from the Primate Research Institute at Kyoto
University, and Don Cousins, author of The Magnificent
Gorilla.

They found African apes eat the seeds of Kola trees
which contain caffeine and theobromine and help
prevent fatigue.

They also found gorillas in Equatorial Guinea and
chimpanzees in the Republic of Guinea eat two
hallucinogenic plants.

According to The Daily Telegraph, one of the
hallucinogenic plants, A. Floribunda, is used by cults
because the root is believed to be an aphrodisiac.

It's said to provide a state of intense excitement
followed by a deep, sometimes fatal depression.

Professor Huffman says people have watched the animals
go into 'a frenzy of fear' after eating the roots, as
if they are being chased by invisible objects.

It's reported the apes even go through detox, using
the root of the Tabernanthe iboga plant.

The findings are reported in the forthcoming issue of
the journal, African Study Monographs.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Tripping pets [Re: d33p]
    #2391668 - 03/01/04 02:58 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

From "Animals and Psychedelics" by Giorgio Samorini

He tells how birds in the Western US, high on the fermented berries of the California Holly, engage in drunken orgies. He recounts how cats get high on catnip, an herb that gives male cats spontaneous erections and makes female cats adopt mating stances. Samorini reveals how mandrills in Gabon, Africa, dig up and eat the roots of the powerfully hallucinogenic Iboga Tabernathe, to prepare for combat to claim a female. The reader learns that, around the world, psychedelic animal orgies facilitate the continuation of many species.

Basically just like humans, animals do seek out greater pleasures and thats great for them but never force something on an unsuspecting animal.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2391679 - 03/01/04 03:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I went to a friend of a friends house to score a bag once, and he warned me about his dog, saying to hold on carefully to my bag because the dog would try to eat it. So we fill up a bong load, sit in a circle in the living room, and he takes the first toke... instantly the dog comes running from the bedroom, sits on the floor in front of him, and turns its ear towards him. He blows smoke in the dogs ear, and then passes the bong to me. And the dog follows the bong towards me... this kept happening as the bong went around the circle 3 times... then the dog sat down in the middle and rolled around a bit. I'm generally not for forcing anybody (animals included) into using drugs... but this dog obviously enjoyed it. The question is, is it right to get your dog or cat high once to see if they will like it? Probably not... but if you are bogging out your room and your cat happens to wander in, and come to check out what's going on, I don't think a hit blown in their general direction is gonna do any horrible physical or psycological damage... but to make an animal trip, I think that is just fucked up. Yes sheep and cows eat liberty caps, i've been chased by sheep that were probably tripping when I tried to pick their caps... but the effects of mushrooms or LSD is so much stronger than a hit or two of pot that I don't think you can compare the two scenarios.

Krishna

--------------------

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping pets [Re: Krishna]
    #2391694 - 03/01/04 03:04 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Dosing an animal is the same as dosing a family member without telling them.

--------------------

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2391738 - 03/01/04 03:20 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Dead right!!

--------------------

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
    #2391825 - 03/01/04 03:56 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

wasent there some guy that dosed his horse, dog, and himself with LSD and went out for a ride....i think i saw someone mention that.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

#2391859 - 03/01/04 04:12 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Dankman said:
Dosing an animal is the same as dosing a family member without telling them.

You know... when you put it like that it does sound horrible. But my intent in the question that I posted was just to find out if any body has a pet who likes tripping. I got my pet tarantula high once and it didnt really seem to enjoy it at all. A spider cant show its feelings that well for humans to understand ofcourse but it just didnt seem to enjoy it, so I never got it high again. For the sake if discussion I just have to add this thought,
I've seen plenty of friends blow weed smoke in their cats or dogs faces, I've seen pets liking it and I've seen pets not liking it. I've seen a dog eating roofies and hash and licking up alcohol and what not from the floor one night me and some friends were partying, the dog just stumbled around and shit. My point is, alot of people have tried to blow weed smoke in a dog or cats direction, so why would that be such a BIG differance to giving half a gram of shrooms to a relatively big dog for example? Why do you draw the line at that. Sure the experience from being high to tripping is differant, but I dont think that it would indefinately have a negative effect on animals. Especially not half a gram (or whatever is apropriate to the pets size). Giving something to your pet to fuck it up or make it feel bad is cruel, but if the intention is the opposite and you are carefull to how much MUSHROOMS you give it why would that be so BAAAD!!! It seems like you are all saying that mushrooms + dogs = bad period. But maybe its not you know. Hey, I have a great time with mushrooms but I cant handle a "normal" amount of marijuana, I get paranoid as fuck. So from MY perspective getting a pet high could be cruel in comparison to giving a dog a small amount of mushrooms just because my experience with weed is worse than with mushrooms.

--------------------

Invisiblenofind_um
Explorer ofEarth
 User Gallery

Loc: At work, at school, at my...
    #2391876 - 03/01/04 04:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I wouldn't give any type of drug to anyone or any animal without thier consent. I love my pets way too mutch to do that, "they may never be the same".....

My friend would get his cat stoned and it made me sick,, he didn't last long untill he got hit by a car. (the cat that is).. stoned cat=dead cat.... trippin cat=scary cat... tripping dog=a dog I don't want to be around. "period"...ever!!!!!!

My answer an emphatic, "NO WAY".

--------------------
My hunting partner is gone, I miss her so!

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: nofind_um]
    #2391893 - 03/01/04 04:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Tripping pets [Re: OldSpice]
    #2391936 - 03/01/04 04:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

if anyone was all "partee" at one of my get-togethers and dosed one of my animals thinking its all good, that person would wake up a week later wishing they haddnt.

blowing smoke at your iguana is horrible, iguanas, and birds for that matter, have very delicate and intricate respiratory systems. they should not be exposed to any vaporous chems, mold spores, or smoke! if you want your parrot or iguana to enjoy natural levels of cannabis then it is accpetable to feed them hemp, in fact its very good for them. NEVER administer behavioral-altering chemicals to your animals for personal amusement. thats nazi behavior.
parrots benifet from hemp seed. in fact its a great food additive if you want the birds to breed. hemp oil is great for their skin and immune systems.

smoke and administration of THC in human recreational concentrations is dangerous and irresponsible.

the fact that people limit themselves to ignorant little social cliques to avoid jugement for their vouluntary self-retardation is disturbing. so what if your friends do it, tell them to stop! they are probably doing it to get your attention, to be accepted. piss on them.
animals cant stad up for themselves around their masters.
and i forget who saidan animal cant reason that its poisoned or going insane... WRONG, thats ALL an animal CAN reason! its the same base instinct w get in bad trips, it overrides reason, feelings of doom, loss of control, fear.
adrenalin rush, these are things we feel BECAUSE we are animals. the only reason we have dominion over these feelings at all is because were able to reason, drugs can remove this quality, how does an animal feel, who hardly has the quality to begin with?

stop dosing pets. its wrong, and youre reasoning is fundementally flawed if youre able to justify otherwise.
thinking you know that they like it for example, or using absolutes like "some animals like it" like, seriously, love your pet for what it is. it wouldnt try to fuck you up for fun, it loves you unconditionally, its pure. you should feel ashamed if youre doing this stuff.

aside from the gross medical problems associated with such behaiour which ignorant retards frequently overlook,
its just plain wrong, and stupid. its like picking your nose, pure, shit-eating stupid.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2392028 - 03/01/04 05:23 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I remember reading a post a while back. This one dude gave his hamster a dried shroom. Guess it ate it up really quick, ran around the cage for like 20 mins then just stood in the corner for 2 days staring into space.

Yes I think this is a pretty cruel thing to do, but I did get a chuckle out of it.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlinekindkesey
take it further
 User Gallery

Loc: on the bus!!!
Re: Tripping pets [Re: Mitchnast]
    #2392044 - 03/01/04 05:28 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

This thread looked so dum, i'd didn't click on it untill now..... but i have to admit.......

I find that every time i smoke bongs, my cat shows up!  She'll alway rub up on the bong (often spilling it) I seldome blow it in her face, but somtimes i'm not looking were i exhale.  But thats not it, every time i'm done hitting the bong she jumps onto the coffee table so shes even with the bong and takes a few wiffs.....

:smile: :gd_icon:

--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....

"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

OfflineHiMyNameIs
Stranger
    #2392108 - 03/01/04 05:55 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

As for pets,

here is one that just happened. A friends hermit crab attacked my other friends finger not letting go for over 10 minutes and finally geting ripped off. Well the friend losing his fingertip to the crab decided to dose the crab. He took a 1/4 tab of paper and put it in distilled water poured the water in the shell then drained it into the water dish. The crab went nuts pulling little rocks into its shell, then running around, then pulling rocks and burrying itself. At one point the crab got smoked out (hit pipe blow on crab) it came out of the shell for this and was pinching at the smoke.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Tripping pets [Re: HiMyNameIs]
    #2392130 - 03/01/04 06:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

your friend demonstrates a textbook example "shit eating stupid"

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: Tripping pets [Re: djd586]
    #2392141 - 03/01/04 06:04 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

djd586 said:
This one dude gave his hamster a dried shroom.  Guess it ate it up really quick, ran around the cage for like 20 mins then just stood in the corner for 2 days staring into space.

Did it look something like this? :wink:

*No animals were harmed in the making of this post.

--------------------

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
    #2392404 - 03/01/04 07:40 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

....cmon man...you dont pick your nose...everyone has to clean house sometimes! Its one of those morning hygene things like showering and brushing your teeth...get those cakes dust particles out of there they piss me off :smile:

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #2392409 - 03/01/04 07:44 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

my friends dog loves to smoke weed, whenever they smoke he follows the bowl around the circle and whimpers.
im not sure how i feel about it, however the dog seems to enjoy it.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #2392470 - 03/01/04 08:08 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm with Starter...that's just cruel to give an animal something like LSD! I had a friend (or rather ex-friend, after this incident) give his dog some Acid, and the poor dog just sat in a dark corner whimpering. :frown: Plus, he was never the same again. He used to be friendly and playful, but after the acid he acted like he was scared all the time. :frown:

As far as weed goes, my cat used to suddenly appear everytime I started smoking. I tried to shoo her away but she insisted on staying! I miss that cat... :frown:

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Tripping pets [Re: OldSpice]
    #2392666 - 03/01/04 08:54 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I can't recall the last time I used the word "imbecile", hell I didn't even know how to spell it.

Honestly, I would be one to experiment with my pets. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I see no reason that with proper research and understanding that my animal could not be dosed, I would be very cautious though. I'm not out to make my pet crazy, but to help my pet to obtain similar experiences as I do. Maybe I am missing some innate respect for pets, I doubt it though. I don't even kill spiders or bugs (unless they are threatening my health or livelyhood, ie. fungus gnats). I would definately rely on my understanding of my pets personality and physiology before, durring, and after any drug experiences.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Tripping pets [Re: Joshua]
    #2392751 - 03/01/04 09:15 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

If the animal is of the right mindset, with the right set and setting, I see nothing wrong with starting him off low, for say a 100 pound dog to give him .25-.5 a gram of cubensis and see how he reacts, and if he reacts good and seems to have a good time maybe give him a little more next time. It's not unheard of for puppies or even fullgrown dogs to go out and eat grams and grams of magic mushrooms. Of course dogs can't talk, but you can see if the dog is ready, and tell by his expressions and reactions how things are going. As long as you don't give him anything higher than a low dose (for a dog,) I see nothing wrong with it either.
Or nothing wrong with smoking with an animal, if that animal seems to like marijuana. Animals are not mindless creatures with no way of expressing themselves; if they feel uncomfortable, they're going to let you know, and you'll know it for next time, or whether there shouldn't be a next time. I myself have never given my dog shrooms, but whenever I smoke, especially out in the woods, he likes to lay near my feet and just act tranquil, merely being there sniffing the air and wondering what that pleasantly intoxicating smell would be.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineKingkole
im not a noob...im a a doob

Loc: canadiana
Re: Tripping pets [Re: Ravus]
    #2392945 - 03/01/04 10:20 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think that giving pets large amounts of drugs is baad.

But if the animal comes up to you when tripping or smokeing and ejoys the smell then yeah mabye it likes pot or it likes it when you are laid back.

You forget that animals have completly different mindsets then humans.

Cats are carnivouse that hunt, they would percive "trips" very diffrent than humans. Dogs are almost always happy, so its like there on drug anyway.

As for spider and fish and crabs....

They dont have lungs so blowing smoke wouldnt hurt them i think, And really they dont have the brain compassity to rememebr a trip and be scared by it.

Also dont forget then when making these chemicals we trip on they often use animals as test subjects.

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2393135 - 03/01/04 11:26 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Honestly, I would be one to experiment with my pets. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

That logic makes no sense Joshua.

Since when did Woofy come up to your door wagging his tail with LSD and other drugs in his collar to share/deal?

I'm truly disappointed in this community of drug crazed miscreants who entertain animal cruelty. Indefensible.

--------------------

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#2393291 - 03/02/04 12:12 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Actually, to play devil's advocate a little bit here. What about catnip, is that immoral? Also, there is much evidence to support that many animals in the wild seek out natural sources of intoxicants and psychoactive substances. Ronald Seigel at UCLA did much research into this back in the '70s and '80s.

I think, in general, it is a bad idea to get animals high, and whereas, I would not intentionally dose an unsuspecting animal, I do think that some of you might be over-reacting just a tad. I know Joshua in real life, and I would certainly trust that his intentions would be both honorable and respectful towards any animal. He's a good guy! :smile:

I think this is certainly an interesting discussion topic because it could involve a lot of aspects: the neurobiological differentiation between species; our own tendencies to anthropomorphize when modeling other creatures; cross-species morality; and the natural habits of some animals to seek out intoxicants in their natural environment. I don't know about everyone else, but I'd like to hear more discussion along these topics. Not simply, "You're a sinner and you're going to hell!" vs. "Dude, I got my cat stoned!" :wink:

--------------------

Anonymous

#2393293 - 03/02/04 12:12 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

starter is 100% right....basically forcing animals to take drugs....for one thing you don't know how the drug is gonna affect an animal their minds are very different from ours and 2 even if you did know how its gonna affect them its not your choice to make

its animal abuse plain and simple

Anonymous

#2393317 - 03/02/04 12:17 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

the difference is cats know what catnip is and they go for it...your not forcing htem to take it....there a lot of toys that have the nip in it and the cats go crazy to get it out...but lets say mixing mushrooms into their food or blowing smoke in thier faces...they don't have a choice in that

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: Tripping pets [Re: ]
    #2393358 - 03/02/04 12:30 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

That's a good point! :smile:

So, if someone left some granulated dry or fresh mushrooms out, (or some other natural psychoactive substance) and the cat voluntarily ate some, and then repeated this behavior at a later date -- demonstrating a positive attitude towards, and lack of aversion to, the experience -- then it would be ok?

I'm just trying to see if we can have a more polite and interesting discussion about this. :wink:

--------------------

Anonymous

#2393364 - 03/02/04 12:31 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

if the animal purposely seeks it out then thats fine imo

Invisiblehevvy_psi
groover

#2393411 - 03/02/04 12:42 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

was if i soak some shrooms in tuna juice, and then leave it out?

--------------------
seeps out from the core
i'm curled on the floor

Anonymous

Re: Tripping pets [Re: hevvy_psi]
    #2393417 - 03/02/04 12:43 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

well the cat would be going for the tuna not trying to dose mushrooms so I would say thats wrong...but enough of what I think lets get some other opinions :laugh:

Invisiblehevvy_psi
groover

#2393447 - 03/02/04 12:50 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

AHA! but i bet the little bugger would stop mooching when i eat a tuna sammich, won't he??!!

--------------------
seeps out from the core
i'm curled on the floor

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2393455 - 03/02/04 12:52 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Actually, to play devil's advocate a little bit here. What about catnip, is that immoral? Also, there is much evidence to support that many animals in the wild seek out natural sources of intoxicants and psychoactive substances. Ronald Seigel at UCLA did much research into this back in the '70s and '80s.

You miss the whole point Papaver, we're not talking choice or consensual arrangement. Joshua just walked into a bunk anthropomorphic paradigm of believing his "do unto others as they do unto you" applies to animals, yeah like a dog or a cat can actually grasp what blotter is, divy it up and despense at a party.

Listen up, you speak where animals do it to themselves which has nothing to do with dosing up a pet for one's amusement or misguided hippie new-age nonsense. If the animal so wishes to roll in catnip i.e. cats, or eat fermented nuts from pinoaks to get drunk i.e. galahs/cockatoos or eat libery caps in the paddock i.e. cattle, that's their choice and one we're not to make the call on. Study this yes, but not intrude and place out values on them.

The arrogance of humans is simply astounding. Micky Fynning folks or animals is plain wrong.

--------------------

InvisibleEvilEwok
Stranger
    #2393672 - 03/02/04 01:51 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

shit sakes people lighten up. animals are not people... If you people want to talk about cruelty whats more cruel than caging an animal for its lifetime?

P.S. i do not endorse drug induced animals :laugh:

--------------------
Now go Home.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: Tripping pets [Re: EvilEwok]
    #2393724 - 03/02/04 02:07 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

What were you guys thinking??? That I would take a handfull of mushrooms and shove it down a dogs throat?! Come on! I think it would be ok to lie .25 grams on the floor and if the dog happened to eat this safe amount and liked the experience it would be a an indication that the dog liked the mushrooms. The key words being "safe amount proportioned to weight" and "pet eating mushrooms by will". I'm sure there are cases where dogs nibbled some psilocybe in the woods plenty of times, whether the dog liked it or not is most likely due to the dog, the amount of mushrooms and well probably set and setting (lol). You can create the same scenario by putting .25 grams of psilocybe cubensis mushrooms on the floor and seeing if the dog eats it and or likes it. for all we know dogs might even like it from nature.
Ok, and another question, since cows and sheep voluntairaly eat liberty caps, would you ever feed them liberty caps?
PS.
Have you ever seen a tripping spider make spider webs. I saw a picture of that somewhere. Spiders eating some sort of hallucinogenic and making spider webs looking totally differant from how their webs normally look!

--------------------

Edited by filthysock (03/02/04 02:11 AM)

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping pets [Re: EvilEwok]
    #2393849 - 03/02/04 02:50 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Hey, I'll always speak up if I perceive cruelty. As for cages, the natives come & go as they please with me.

filthy, put a sock in it.

--------------------

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#2393883 - 03/02/04 03:06 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

filthysock said:
Ok, and another question, since cows and sheep voluntairaly eat liberty caps, would you ever feed them liberty caps?

Hmm... That is an interesting question. If you had an animal that occasionally ate a naturally occurring intoxicant in their native environment, and you made that intoxicant more available to them, than it normally would be, and they correspondingly indulged more, would that be ok? Or would you be an "enabler" to a potential drug abuse/dependency situation?

In India -- where they extract most of the world?s legal opiates for medicine -- they have these large facilities for processing the latex collected from opium poppies. There are these hugs warehouse-like buildings where they process the collected latex (opium), which contains morphine and codeine (among other alkaloids), in these huge vats. Anyways, these facilities are pretty third-world, and open to the elements, and there are all these monkeys that hang out in there. It turns out that these monkeys are all highly addicted to this opium.

PS: I?ve read several good stories on this phenomenon. 5 shrooms to the first person who can point me to a good web-link, so I can review it...

*No animals were harmed in the making of this post.

--------------------

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

#2393897 - 03/02/04 03:13 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

1- 2

--------------------

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#2393902 - 03/02/04 03:18 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

This one?s good too. I?ve seen it before. It?s a photo essay! :laugh:

PS: Thanks! 5 Shrooms to you!  :thumbup:

Edit: I thought I would summarize some of the Opium Monkey info, for those who are too lazy to click on the links... :wink:

Quote:

Monkeys in the Ghazipur factory compound are addicted to the opium in the factory effluents coming out of the distilling plant.

Ananova: Junky monkeys scare residents

Residents of an Indian town are complaining their lives are being made a misery by a troupe of drugged up monkeys.

It is believed the monkeys have become addicted to opium they found in discharges from a drug factory in Ghazipur.

Residents have been hiding inside from the monkeys which have been chasing them and behaving erratically.

The problem is a 200-year-old drug factory that makes medicines after processing opium, according to the United News of India wire service.

Workers at the factory say the monkeys would not have been able to find opium anywhere on the factory premises.

The say the monkeys must have come across opium in effluents from the factory, got high and came back for more.

--------------------

Edited by Papaver (03/02/04 03:53 AM)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2393949 - 03/02/04 03:50 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Sheep also eat phalaris and die from it.

http://216.239.37.99/search?q=cache:1Tzj...en&ie=UTF-8

Gorillas like drugs.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: Tripping pets [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2393957 - 03/02/04 03:59 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

This is all good stuff, folks. Keep it coming! :laugh:

If we can amass enough data on animals and their drug use, as well as the cross-species ethical problems, then we can write a: "Should I Get My Pet High?" FAQ.

Edit: I found a reference to Ronald K. Siegel's work and writings in the area of animal intoxication...

Quote:

Ronald Siegel, in his book, Intoxication, documents numerous animal species and most of the various human cultures that strive to get high or as he calls it, to intoxicate themselves. Siegel proposes that after food, drink and sex, "Intoxication is the forth drive." He demonstrates through zoological and sociological evidence, that the urge to get high is among the most basic of motivations.

I'd be curious to read some of his writings in this area. If anybody can find some and post them here... :smile:

--------------------

Edited by Papaver (03/02/04 04:04 AM)

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

#2393972 - 03/02/04 04:18 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Animals Psychedelics

Birds

Drunken chimps threaten humans
'Country beer' fuels attacks in western Uganda

Feb 11, 2004 - Officials report beer contributes to the threat chimpanzees sometimes present in western Uganda. The chimps have been raiding illegal brewing operations in forested river valleys and getting drunk on the country beer. Once intoxicated, they become hostile and attack and at times kill human children, parks officials say.

The officials point out that a chimp cannot take on a grown man. All the babies they have attacked have been either unaccompanied, or are in in the company of other children.

Officials of the Jane Goodall Institute in Uganda were quoted in BBC's Wildlife Magazine as saying that chimpanzees had killed eight children and injured many others in Ugandan national parks. These incidents happened over several years, and Debby Cox, the director of the institute, suggested that the aggressive behavior of the chimps was caused by increased proximity between the animals and humans.

A Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) report on the attacks says that local beer is usually brewed illegally along river valleys, which are also the habitat of chimps. "When chimps come across the local brew, they drink it, become drunk and in that state any encounter with people means an attack," says the report.

The attacks are normally experienced in areas neighboring the park and normally occur between October and December. This is probably due to food scarcity prevailing in the main chimp habitat during this period, which forces them to move beyond the park boundary in search of food.

"Crops such as sugarcane and bananas, which are grown near the parks, are preferred by chimps. Once the chimps come across a sugarcane plantation, for example, they tend to abandon the park and, as a result, come into conflict with the local communities," says the report.

--------------------

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: Tripping pets [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2393980 - 03/02/04 04:32 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well yes, there is the paradox. Not only is it a paradox when it comes to animals but to humans as well. Wouldnt you agree that everything in nature is there for a reason. You have 3 categories of plants we can eat:

1.) plants for food
2.) plants for knowledge, purification and wisdom... and fun.
3.) deadly plants

Why the 1st kind of plants are here is obvious. I believe the 2nd category, the mind altering plants are here for some profound reason, the same way native americans made use of peyote and mushrooms. In my opinion there has never existed a group of people that were more civilized (in the natural way), peacefull, harmonic and functional than the way native americans lived, african tribes and sout american tribes...etc... All these differant kinds of people used hallucinogenic plants for differant profound/religious reasons and well ofcourse there were problems but nothing like the kind of problems that came with alcohol abusing, diseased, "sofisticated" materialistic white people. Most of the white men looked at the use of hallucinogenic plants from a negative perspective, you know... but they were negative themselves, going against the way of nature as much as possible...

Well my point is I think all plants are here for a reason and we learn from whatever we take. We learn if a plant is poisounous, fun, good, bad... whatever. Cats love catnip from instinct... every animal knows what it should eat and what not, why should a sheep go around eating phalaris??? Why should it be so cruel to find out if your dog weighing 1000 punds liked .25 grams of mushrooms? If you wouldnt have owned it and it had lived in the wild tripping might be an every saturday night thing for it!!!

I dont even know where I'm going with this right now, lol... fuck it... I'll write something that makes more sense and more on topic or whatever some other time.

--------------------

Invisibleshriek

#2393984 - 03/02/04 04:35 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

and plants to produce oxygen for us to breath :smile:

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: Tripping pets [Re: shriek]
    #2394034 - 03/02/04 05:41 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I found this info relating to cocaine and its possible discovery by observing animal behavior. There is also an interesting story relating to the discovery of coffee as well...

Quote:

19. Cocaine: Recreational Use and Intoxication <-- Link to full article
By Ronald K. Siegel

Cocaine is one of several alkaloids obtained from coca leaves (Erytbroaylon Coca Lam.). The function of alkaloids in plants is generally unknown, as is the reason plants produce them. Alkaloids taste bitter, often produce numbing sensations, and are physiologically active with Psychologic, teratogenic, and toxic effects. They act as extremely effective feeding deterrents; it has been argued that naturally occurring Plant drugs, such as cocaine, are justified evolutionarily by their potentially maladaptive effects on herbivores (Bever 1970; Eisner and Halpern 1971). The major questions concerning the use of cocaine alkaloid by humans are: (1) why did man bypass these deterrent effects and initiate use Of cocaine; (2) why is use Of cocaine maintained; and (3) what are the consequences of such Continued use? These questions are addressed in this chapter. it will presently be seen that the psychological intoxication resulting from cocaine use is a primary reason for its continued use. The nature and extent of this intoxication in a group of contemporary users will also be explored. These users reflect social-recreational patterns of intranasal use, and they differ substantially from more compulsive intravenous users.

Discovery and Initial Use

Folklore and mythology are replete with examples of man's discovery of plant alkaloids through observation and modeling Of animal behavior (cf, Siegel 1973). The legendary discovery of coffee purportedly around 900 A.D., was made by an Abyssinian tending his herd of goats. The herder noticed that his animals became abnormally "frisky" after eating the bright red fruit of a tree that was later isolate and identified as coffee (Taylor 1965). In Yemej , another herder discovered that his goats exhibited signs of extraordinary stimulation after eating certain leaves. The shepherd tried the leaves himself and found them quite stimulating, even after a day's work. Since that time the use of those leaves (got leaves which contain the alkaloids cathine, cathedine, and cathenine) has spread through the entire country (Abdo Abbasy 1957).

Similarly, several stories are told of coca's discovery based on modeling Of animal behaviors. One story-told by an informant from Huanuco, Peru---claims that coca was first used by pack animals traveling in the mountains and deprived of their normal forage. The coca leaves sustained the animals, and humans quickly copied the coca-eating behavior. Indeed, Mortimer (1901; reprinted 1974) notes that coca was used by man, and perhaps by beast, when traveling in the mountains, where ingestion was probably induced by irregular eating, improper diet, and lack of oxygen at higher altitudes. Such use is similar to that of peyote used in small doses by Huichol Indians traveling in the Sierra Madre mountains of Mexico (Lumholtz 1902). Recent nutritional analysis has revealed that, since 100 grams of coca leaves contains 305 calories, 18.9 grams of protein, and 46.2 grams of carbohydrates, and satisfies the Recommended Dietary Allowance for calcium, iron, Phosphorus, vitamins A, B12, and E (Duke et al. 1975), the coca leaves could, indeed, have sustained Peruvian travelers. However, the full complement of nutrients present in coca leaf may not be fully absorbed in the normal chewing-sucking extraction employed by man.

Another story, told by informants from Cuzco and Lima, Peru, claims that a number of birds and insects are fond of coca seeds and leaves and the speed with which they devour the plant suggested the stimulant properties to early man. Mortimer (1901; reprinted 1974) indicated that ants and other insects avidly devoured the leaves, but there was no indication of psychoactive effects from this ingestion. However, he did note that "the birds are real lovers of coca seeds, and when these are lightly sown on the surface of the nursery, it is necessary to cover the beds at night with cloths to guard against 'picking and stealing'. . . ." One may speculate that early man modeled his coca use after such observations, much like the Greeks who adopted ,the habit of eating hempseeds-and, later, other parts of the cannabis plant-after watching finches do so (Schultes 1970).

Man's inevitable ecological encounters with coca would have brought him into contact with the highly reinforcing properties of the cocaine alkaloid. Independent of the nutritional value, the psychoactive effects are considerably more direct and immediate. Animal studies are rich with examples of cocaine's powerful psychoactive and reinforcing effects (cf., Preclinical Behavior, Chapter 4). Lewin (1931) reports a case of an animal modeling human use: The case is, however, on record of a monkey which became a cocaine-eater through imitation.... The animal searched the pockets and the cupboards of its mistress for cocaine, which it voraciously consumed. The consequences were the same as in man.

[...]

Edit: I also found this excerpt from a book by Italian ethnobotanist Giorgio Samorini. It's funny, because I actually remember this phenomenon from growing up in the San Francisco Bay Area. These birds did in fact get very drunk. They were almost a hazard sometimes -- dive bombing us kids and flying into plate glass windows. I had often wondered if Alfred Hitchcock, who had lived in the bay area, had used this bizarre bird behavior as a model for his film, "The Birds."

Quote:

The most famous example of ?collective drunkenness? in birds is that of American robins during their annual February migration to California, and in particular to the small town of Pleasant Hill. The amazing behavior of these birds on their arrival first made news in the 1930s.

Once they reach California, flocks of thousands of robins (the species Turdus migratorius) perch on small ornamental trees popularly known as California holly, though the Native Americans of the region call this scarlet fruit toyon. At this time of year the trees are laden with scarlet fruits called Christmas or holly berries. The robins, and other kinds of birds as well, gorge themselves on these fruits, bingeing until they are blatantly drunk. For about three weeks this region unintentionally hosts what can only be called a drunken orgy on the part of the birds, who become disoriented and confused, engaging in silly games with each other and fluttering wildly into cars and houses.

Ronald K. Siegel, who has studied this phenomenon with great attention, notes that although four or five holly berries would suffice to make a full meal, a single robin will gobble down as many as thirty at a time. Clearly the purpose of such gorging transcends simple nutrition; it would seem conclusive that the birds recognize and remember the fruit and seek out the intoxication induced by eating massive doses of it. In his book Intoxication: Life in Pursuit of Artificial Paradise, Siegel describes the behavior of a flock of about three thousand American robins after their arrival in Pleasant Hill. Excerpts from his observations follow.

It seems that two books, which would be very interesting to read on this subject, are:

Intoxication:
Life in Pursuit of Artificial Paradise

By Ronald K. Siegel

Animals and Psychedelics:
The Natural World and the Instinct to Alter Consciousness

by Giorgio Samorini

--------------------

Edited by Papaver (03/02/04 06:00 AM)

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

#2394112 - 03/02/04 06:35 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Wow. Thats really interesting. I think I'll purchase those books some day.

--------------------

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2394183 - 03/02/04 07:23 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Web of Spider on LSD:

Web of Spider on Caffiene:

Moral:
Don't give spiders coffee!!!

:wink:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Anonymous

Re: Tripping pets [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2395429 - 03/02/04 02:05 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

this thread suddenly got really good...good stuff

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

#2395544 - 03/02/04 02:34 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Damn, the web on acid is sweet and all, but the one on caffein is looking awesome!

--------------------

Invisiblenofind_um
Explorer ofEarth
 User Gallery

Loc: At work, at school, at my...
    #2395953 - 03/02/04 04:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Remember Joshua's analytical mind is looking at it from a purely scientific perspective. Mitchnast you and others are looking at it morally. "I'm morally on the fence.... and analytically inclinded to wonder and question"...

I have no references to back this up... " I've heard rats exposed to crack cocaine will hit it untill there is none left or untill they are dead"....

So will certain humans!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
My hunting partner is gone, I miss her so!

OfflineGreenNinja
stealth grower

Loc: In a van, down by the riv...
    #2396213 - 03/02/04 05:34 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Be a responsible pet owner...you have to CARE for your pet's well being....or don't have a pet.
a dog will drink anti-freeze if you let him. and he will die.
Just because the animal will accept a chemical or drug as food, doesn't make it okay to give it to them
It's your responsibility as a pet owner to keep them safe, not poison them with drugs.
Damn, people..use some common sense. You Know better!! Don't dose your pets.
It's cruel.

--------------------
why must I be like that, why must I chase the cat?...nuttin' but the dog in me.
-George Clinton
and Parliament

Offlinekindkesey
take it further
 User Gallery

Loc: on the bus!!!
Re: Tripping pets [Re: GreenNinja]
    #2396439 - 03/02/04 06:37 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

see, she's a pot head!

:smile: :gd_icon:

--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....

"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

#2400911 - 03/03/04 11:53 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

That logic makes no sense Joshua.

That is because there was no logic involved. The statements I made were opinions.

Quote:

Since when did Woofy come up to your door wagging his tail with LSD and other drugs in his collar to share/deal?

Just because Woofy isn't sharing with me, doesn't mean I should not share with him.

Quote:

I'm truly disappointed in this community of drug crazed miscreants who entertain animal cruelty.

I would hardly call getting an animal high as being cruel. At least not to the level I would entertain my pets, if I chose to do so.

Quote:

Joshua just walked into a bunk anthropomorphic paradigm of believing his "do unto others as they do unto you" applies to animals, yeah like a dog or a cat can actually grasp what blotter is, divy it up and despense at a party.

My bunk paradigm may be bunk to you. I personally try to respect the life force in all things. The "others" in my statement may mean people to you, but has a much wider meaning to me.

Quote:

The arrogance of humans is simply astounding.

In some much more than others. How can any of us pretend to know what is best for anything?

I don't see an inherant wrongness in getting pets high, at least as high as I would get them with the substances I would use. Marijuana has been used for thousands of years as well as mushrooms. Humans have received great help from the experiences and medical value that come from using these substances. Why should we be selfish and withold these same benefits from our animal friends?

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
    #2400935 - 03/04/04 12:02 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

animals have way different neurology than humans do. they live with very basic functions on survival and instinct , im not saying that animals wouldnt enjoy certain mind altering chemicals becuase it has been proven that they do. personally i would never give my cat any lsd or mushrooms , i think that catnip is enough for my cat

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Re: Tripping pets [Re: Infrared]
    #2400980 - 03/04/04 12:23 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

"animals have way different neurology than humans do. they live with very basic functions on survival and instinct"

I think you are wrong. Researchers experiment with animals because of their physical similarity to us. I'd say their dissimularities are much less than their similarities.

Also, I would beg you to understand that we humans live primarily on survival and instinct as well.

Please do not forget that you are nothing but an animal yourself. You are just an intelligent animal.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#2400998 - 03/04/04 12:30 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

It is true, that our genomes are very similar to other higher-mammals. There is only a very small variance. Most of the basic receptor proteins are nearly identical...

However, what a difference that tiny variance makes... Yo, we're king of the food chain -- "Top of the world, Ma!"

--------------------

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
    #2401039 - 03/04/04 12:47 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

on a basic level yes we are very similar to animals, since we are animals. but what makes us difference is our society we live in, we have complex relationships and we are able to plan out future events and we have written forms of communication. most animals live in the present, they dont think "hmm maybe i should take a trip up north tommorow" . an animal that soley relys on survival instinct that is suddenly given lsd, the entire world around him would move as if he were being hunted by tons of things. he wuldnt understand that he was under the influence of a temporary drug. all it would do to him is cause stress and anxiety

--------------------

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

#2401230 - 03/04/04 01:51 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Could've happened to A. Hoffman to, he didnt know if he would ever come down again, I mean, he DID trip for DAYS! But still, he came down in good shape and everything writing that his experience was ecstatoc and fun. I'm very sure dogs for instance would percieve a level 1 and maybe even 2 trip as fun...! ANy playfull animals would enjoy a trip as they are more eager to follow through an experience with curiousity as well as with fun. And thats the mentality you need to have to enjoy a trip. If you were to play with your dog while it was tripping it would defenatley not be a bad trip for it on a low dose. I'm very sure about that.

--------------------

Offlinetom234my
Marijuana,Chronic..preferred...,
Loc: Second,Third Spliff,Chro...
    #2401234 - 03/04/04 01:54 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

I got my dogs high years ago, they loved it!

--------------------
Enjoy zen, for now what happened?,..."Throw your neighborhood in the air..If you don't care.." - Ice Cube-(Friday..soundtrack) Whoo Hooo, need some more chronic now!.ahh much better...

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

#2402006 - 03/04/04 09:56 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

on a basic level yes we are very similar to animals

I'd say we are very similar to animals, considering we are animals.

Quote:

we have complex relationships and we are able to plan out future events

Animals plan for the future just as we do. They stock food, they consume calories in preparation for the changing seasons. Pack animals display very complex relationships, just as we do.

Birds and other migratory animals do say, "Geee, it's time to move."

Quote:

an animal that soley relys on survival instinct that is suddenly given lsd, the entire world around him would move as if he were being hunted by tons of things.

How can you even guess what an animal would go through in a psychedelic experience. I can't even determine what my next trip will bring. I am sure many humans have also been hunted in their trips. I don't think we are all that different.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #2402823 - 03/04/04 01:21 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

you missed the last part of my first sentence
Quote:

on a basic level yes we are very similar to animals, since we are animals

anyways, its all speculation that varies from person to person. in my oppinion i would say most animals would not willingly agree to take a mind altering substance, if they could communicate it to us that is.

filthysock- but albert hoffman willingly and knowingly ingested lsd . someone didnt just give him some on a bisquit. those are completely different circumstances

--------------------

OfflineSporeX
Criminal
Male

Loc: Dark side of the shroom
    #2433731 - 03/15/04 02:21 AM (20 years, 18 days ago)

My dog, an oscar mayer weiner dog, once got into my room, that has a shitty door. My dog ate a qtr of amenitas, he got really sick and started puking. I started cleaning up his puke at the bottom of the stairs. I noticed the gills of a mushroom, and I looked up to my room and my door was open. He got into a bag that was on my shelf. I felt so bad, and scared. Luckily he puked it all out, but he looked so comatosed. That's a trip that he will never forget, neither will eye.

--------------------
Behold on the horizon a pale horse, and behind it hell followed.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder