Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Why do you post in this forum?
    #2388435 - 02/29/04 08:15 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: ]
    #2388464 - 02/29/04 08:37 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

First things first, the primary root of my presence here at the Shroomery comes from lack of things to do.
From there on, it's all about the interest-level of topics to me. If I see a subject being discussed that I feel I have something important to contribute, and nobody else is covering it, then I'll feel more obliged to do so. If I see someone who needs help in making their point more concise and comprehensible, I'll feel more obliged to participate and finish their sentences. And of course, sometimes I'll reply when I'm not quite understanding someone else's point of debate, or to probe a topic of debate for further analysis and understanding. Sometimes I'll reply with a few humorous lines just for the sake of joking around and lighting up the mood, and so on, motherfucker. :wink:

At the moment, the only negative type of responding that I feel I do is when I reply to something or someone soley for asserting my ego.... Not much else I can really think of that isn't more or less the same variation of that particular spirit.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2388517 - 02/29/04 09:08 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Flat out I am addicted to this place.

Reasons change as my personality does. 

First it was my interest in reading.  I read posts here for a good year before I started to actually post.

Then I started to post and enjoyed conveying my thoughts and for the most part getting some really mind blowing replies. I was so impressed with this place, I have stuck here ever since.

my reasons now stem from the fact that I feel there is a community here.  I don't know whether people see me apart of any of it at all, but I feel one exists. Many intelligent people around the world, laughing, arguing, crying, debating, thinking, replying, posting...all because they care enough to.

that's what I like about this place, people care enough to respond.  Even if what I say gets torn apart (and for good reason most of the time!) I enjoy a response because a person actually cared enough to make a response.  sharing ideas is what it's about.

I'll share my ideas if I have an opinion a subject.  the sad thing is that I have opinions for a lot of these topics, but not a lot of well thought out ones. 

I have seen some of the best conversations here, and what's more, I can review what was said 3 months ago, all the words suspended in time.  the internet is fantastic :laugh:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: kaiowas]
    #2388542 - 02/29/04 09:28 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2388554 - 02/29/04 09:35 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

lol @ Skorpivo...

I just can't seem to keep my mouth shut. I mean, I can't seem to keep my fingers silent.

I like to talk about things. There's not many people in the world with whom you can have these types of discussions and/or debates.

I like to share what I think. Someone will usually add something or bring a different viewpoint.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2388597 - 02/29/04 10:03 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I like playing cops & robbers

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: castaway]
    #2388610 - 02/29/04 10:11 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know enough people in real life who are willing to even uphold a conversation on these subjects, much less enjoy it...

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #2388668 - 02/29/04 10:50 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JacquesCousteau said:
I don't know enough people in real life who are willing to even uphold a conversation on these subjects, much less enjoy it...

Though I know quite a few people who do... this particular style of discussion (post and reply) is a more precise format. Everything said is written down, which is good for referencing later. Few, if anyone, have memories that can do this in a verbal conversation of equal length.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2388738 - 02/29/04 11:26 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Why do I post here?

I was thinking about that the other day, and I decided that its because I don't get enough intellectual stimulation out of the "real life" friends I have and places I go.

It seems like most of the people I meet in real life tend to shy away from deep conversation, preferring instead to discuss trivial things like he said/ she said bullshit. "Who's going out with who", or "how much money is he making", or "look at my new car". As soon as I start a conversation about the nature of the universe or human nature or politics or even artistic interpretation, all I get is a bunch of blank stares. And I attend a university for cryin out loud!

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of cool, super-intelligent friends in real life, but they tend to be the statistical exception among people I know. They also tend to be the more anti-social people that don't congregate in large groups. Its very rare for me to encounter a collection of such fine minds as the shroomery has to offer in one place at one time, in "real life". 3 or 4 like minds together at one place and time is the best I can do in Dallas.

Other than that, I'm just chillin with the masses, which is OK sometimes- everyone has to have drinkin/clubbing buddies that refrain from discussing matters of depth- but the majority of the people I hang with in real life just cant scratch my intellectual itch.

Even the people here that I disagree with (like sclorch and swami) are far more interesting to talk to than 95% of the people I know in real life. I may not respect their opinions, but they (as people) get more respect than most people I meet in the flesh just for having an opinion on these intellectual issues. Most people dont even want to think about this shit.

but anyway, thats why 90% of my posts are either in S&P or PA&L. I don't post in OTD or the Pub very much because I get enough of that shit from my real life friends.

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2388767 - 02/29/04 11:41 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You spoke for me, DoctorJ.

I attend a very "prestigeous" American University, and I can't discuss any of this "deep" conversation with anyone except for you guys and my roommate. Of course, I did get some people to join me debating the religion ordeal. But for the most part, these "intellectuals" who attend the same university as I do also prefer to talk about trivial pursuits rather than any sort of meaningful, in depth topics.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: daba]
    #2388870 - 02/29/04 12:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Pick one:

1. I usually post because there is nothing good on TV, my date stood me up and my stash ran out.  :eyemouth:

2. I enjoy hanging out with my internet friends.

3. I can practice my writing expression.

4. I can practice my stand-up comedy routine.

5. Mostly (reading more than posting) because I find it interesting in seeing how various people view the world and why.

6. And occasionally I can share something of value to another.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinefirstrays
Title? We don'need nosteeenkingtitle!
Male

Loc: TX
    #2388987 - 02/29/04 01:28 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Top 5 reasons I post in this forum:

5. I like reading thought provoking ideas, or at least seeing someone ELSE start to think about something I've been onto for a while.

4. No one ever refers to DUSTER in here, thank goodness. :wink:

3. I'm not really interested in all of the other forums, because I don't grow myself.

2. It's only among people such as yourselves I can stand among my equals, or learn from masters.

1. It's cheaper than a movie and there's free coffee.

--------------------
Everybody knows you love me baby, everybody knows that you really do. Everybody knows that you've been faithfull, awww, give or take a night or two.

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
    #2388992 - 02/29/04 01:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

A. To acquire new modes of thinking.
B. To raise more questions about the nature of the universe - for my collection.
C. To explore the human mind, and to expand my personal copy.
D. To take the time to write my thoughts down as articulately as I can - I'm not good at expressing ideas without taking the time to consider the wording.
E. (sometimes) To prove I'm not as far out and crazy as I'm led to believe by observing the average schmuck in the street.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: firstrays]
    #2389065 - 02/29/04 02:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

firstrays said:
1. It's cheaper than a movie and there's free coffee.

Jack: It becomes an ADDICTION.

hehehe

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2389087 - 02/29/04 02:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

J, man, you're like my mental equivalent. It's fucked up.

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2389140 - 02/29/04 05:47 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I just like this place. It brings out the best in me sometimes. I'll get an idea, and then work on it so that I can post it here.

Everybody here is funny and smart and for the most part accepting.

Doctor J summed up a lot of my feelings about finding this type of interaction in real life.

I also feel like I'm getting away with something because I belong to a phsckyckadellick community. That always makes me laugh.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2389267 - 02/29/04 07:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Ive come to meet a lot of different kinds of people.

Most of all, i come to learn about them, how they interact, and how I interact with diversity. To try and motivate people to do think about things, concerning on how i have come to experience things.

I like sharing my experiences and harships, as i think it helps people bring out those things in themselves. I wouldnt come here if i thought i might not make anyone think.

I like challenging people, and i like to be challenged.

--------------------
What?

OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
    #2389583 - 02/29/04 09:11 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I probably shouldn't even be allowed to say anything on this thread 'cause I hardly ever post, but I read everyone else's posts every day, so that counts, right? :tongue:

I like reading everyone's different viewpoints so I can analyze my own beliefs.  I learn something from you guys all the time because someone makes me see things in a way I never thought of before.  A lot of times, someone else posts about something I'm already thinking about, so it's cool to see others are interested in the same stuff.

I do post every now & then when I have something I've been thinking about and want input on.  Who else am I gonna ask for an intelligent opinion?  My dipshit co-workers or parents?  Yeah...sure...

Yuck...no wonder I never post - I'm all stoned & rambling tonight.  :stoned:

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

OfflineQuincunx
whisper
Male User Gallery

Loc: Slovenia
    #2390030 - 03/01/04 01:13 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I also don't post much in S&P. I came here to The Shroomery primarily to learn more advanced mushroom cultivation techniques. But since i teach yoga for a living i like to read this forum (S&P) also. Very interesting.

Anonymous

#2390339 - 03/01/04 06:21 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds