Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
in NEED of desperate DMT help with yellow goo oil shit
    #2389147 - 02/29/04 05:53 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I would have posted this at DMT world if it still existed... My dog extracted 75 grams of his 220 gram bag of Mimosa Hostilis rootbark to excellent results. No oil, no impurities, clean stuff on the first try. Well, he went ahead and just finished the rest of the 220 grams and what he got on his evaporating dish were crystals up the sides of the dish but yellow goo shit oil resin on the bottom. Infact, all of the crystals have a very thin thin coating of resin oil shit on the sides making it impossible to dry completely. He changed his method a little the second time. He used Turpentine 3X to defat, then did a 4th defat with Napatha to finish it off. The first time it was only 3X Napatha, no turpentine. Also, the first time after basifying, he waited until the mixture turned a slippery black THEN added the napatha to seperate. The second time, he added the Napatha after the solution turned GREY, then he continued adding lye until all was black. He also didn't do a 8.5 ph lye wash at the end like he did before. The first time he washed with water and a small bit of lye, then with baking soda and water then with sea salt water. This time he skipped the lye because he read somewhere (yes he can read) that lye is bad to use to wash so he just stuck to 2 baking soda washes and 1 sea salt wash. What's going with this added resin? Everything came from the same batch and all procedures were followed.

Will recrystalization remove the excess oil? His friend is trying this out now and we'll wait a few hours to see the results. He is only testing a small ammount of oil however, the rest is still drying in his chinese hut.

please post with any and all helpful information.

peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: in NEED of desperate DMT help with yellow goo oil shit [Re: YellowSubmarine]
    #2389593 - 02/29/04 09:15 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

everytime i used turpentine for defat i got an oil as well, you can try recrystalization i never did so i dunno if that will work, what i did was disslove the oil up with a non-polar then bubble out the HCl salt with dry HCL gas then went to freebase from there, that way works if you got conc. H2SO4 it's the best way to go imo, but you might lose some yeild if your gas isn't anhydrous (sp?) also an easier way to work with the oil is to put in the freezer for a couple hours then scrape it up quick and into the flask or whatever you want to do with it, it's better than trying to get all that oil like cooking oil consistency out of the pan it will be more like gum but be fast cuz it heats up quick back to the runnier stuff. i wouldn't try smoking the oil it's incredibly harsh and never gets me off ime.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Re: in NEED of desperate DMT help with yellow goo oil shit [Re: John]
    #2390204 - 03/01/04 03:39 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

that sucks.i will try recrystalizing, although, even though he doesn't have access to gas, just napatha and an eyedropper. i finds it ironic that his first setup was flawless with a minimal amount of steps and chemicals used while the second, because he decided to try to perfect my method, was left with oil. He's happy both ways.

Thanks man, do you have any links for that method you described, my dog finds it a little hard to understand at the moment

peace

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Re: in NEED of desperate DMT help with yellow goo oil shit [Re: YellowSubmarine]
    #2390685 - 03/01/04 09:47 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

Loc: U.S.A.
    #2391309 - 03/01/04 01:04 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

someone has some mhrb solution sitting in an early phase of extraction. it was read somewhere that defatting isint really worth it for mhrb.
any comments on this?

also -- the oil mentioned -- most likely residue from the turpentine? or?

has anyone expierienced any other visual residues from defatting with anythign else?

what are expierienced users recommendations on defatting mhrb?

peace

--------------------

- USA -

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: in NEED of desperate DMT help with yellow goo oil shit [Re: plura16]
    #2391349 - 03/01/04 01:14 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

defat 1 time and have had no problems, very little emulsion after vigerous shaking, it resolved in about 10 minutes

only used naptha, trying turpentine next time

--------------------

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Re: in NEED of desperate DMT help with yellow goo oil shit [Re: blink]
    #2392191 - 03/01/04 06:20 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I wouldn't go the turpentine route. I used all napatha for the first try with no problems. I don't know why so many people recomend turpentine when it's obviously shit.

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

#2392877 - 03/01/04 09:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

hey plura read this if you haven't already
http://elfspice.tripod.com/acacia/acacia_extraction.html
goes over everything, ime skipping defat results in oil or orange crystal, not good. it mentions to use turpentine which i don't think is a good idea but other than that it's really good, like i said before everytime i used turpentine i got oil, have used naptha, xylene, and camper fuel without incident numerous times.

--------------------

Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

#2392952 - 03/01/04 10:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

thanks for the tip jtrip

someone is at the defatting stage as text is written, and it is painfully CLEAR -- that defatting is most essential with MHRB.

Theres so much gunk pulled by the solvent -- its insane. At first it looked like an emulsion -- but then it was discovered its massive amounts of fats, etc.. that have beaded up. Never seen so much garbage from defatting. whoah.

yellowsubmarine -- good post and tips. thanks for bringing it up.

peace

--------------------

- USA -

Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

#2394107 - 03/02/04 06:33 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

hmm

now that Someone has been through the process, one defatting session with a fat amount of refined naptha (tested to evap leaving only a miniscule trace of very dry film) -- maybe its as jtryptamine says - skipping defat results in oil ( or maybe shitty defat can result in them as well.. )

reason being -- is that with one defat - crystals are forming .. but the film doesnt seem to be drying that quickly... whereas the naptha went away within 30 minutes or so in front of a fan... some hours later crystals are still building -- but seem kind of -- well -- oily -- for lack of a better term.

how long should it take after the solution is totally evapped before the rest(crystal stuff) is as dry as it can get in a room on a plate? immediate?

if you defatted 3 times with turp -- then once after with naptha, wouldnt the naptha pull the bullshit possibly left by the turp?

--------------------

- USA -

Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

#2395185 - 03/02/04 01:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

anything else to salvage the "oil/crystals saturated in oil" without making a hcl gas generator or simply freeing to scrape out of the dish?

peace

--------------------

- USA -

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

#2395474 - 03/02/04 02:16 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I would think the Napatha would have pulled all the bullshit but it obviously didn't. You live and you learn. I won't be using turpentine anymore. Using the least amount of chemicals possible worked wonders for me the first time. I got the same oily crystals as you did. That oil won't evaporate out. I left it under a low heat fan for 40 hours and it still was sticky. I loaded up the material into a little tiny sealable glass jar. I will throw that into a pot of boiling water so the crystals and goo melt, then I will add just enough boiling napatha to the solution, swirl around, let it cool the alternate between the freezer and fridge every hour, all day. Then I will recrystalize again, and again if neccessary and try to seperate the crystals from the goo by hand. I'm sure you lose a good amount doing this but its better than getting oil that doesn't vaporize.

Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

#2397069 - 03/03/04 01:43 AM (20 years, 30 days ago)

yeah -- same. over a day later and crystals are still kind of moist sticky..although it seems they have improved after being spread over some glass slides.

someone will take their contammed crystal and dissolve it in some naptha distillate, then start water washing a good amount of times -- than try to evap again.

maybe this will have some effect... maybe not .. someone will know soon.

peace

--------------------

- USA -

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

#2397195 - 03/03/04 03:08 AM (20 years, 30 days ago)

get back to me on the water washing. i personally wouldn't do this because out of fear of loss of more product. keep it small and keep it simple.

OfflineMetaShroom
菌类
 User Gallery

Loc: East Anglia UK
    #2398281 - 03/03/04 12:26 PM (20 years, 30 days ago)

A thing to try is resuspend your oily goo in more naphtha (the same volume or greater than what you used originally), wash 3x with water, and then try crystalizing again. Be sure not to let any water get accross in to your final evaporation mix.

--------------------
:sleepingcow:  :penguinmonkey: :blah:

JOIN MAPS -> www.MAPS.ORG

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: in NEED of desperate DMT help with yellow goo oil shit [Re: MetaShroom]
    #2398495 - 03/03/04 01:21 PM (20 years, 30 days ago)

If you don't want to let water get across to you evap mix, dry your solvent layer with CaCl2, that will pull any traces of water that might be suspended in it out. (By dry i mean add CaCl2 to your solvent)

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Re: in NEED of desperate DMT help with yellow goo oil shit [Re: neuro]
    #2398778 - 03/03/04 02:19 PM (20 years, 30 days ago)

Ok - what will water do if it's left in the evap mix? What is Cac12 and where can I find it? Do I add the Cac12 after I do my 3 water washes? I usually water wash in a seperatory funnel, but I don't want to lose product so I will water wash in the inch high, inch diameter container in which the dimitri is in right now, then I'll use a water dropper to seperate.

thanks for the help and the answers

i already tried recrystalization. I still have goo.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #2399690 - 03/03/04 05:25 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

CaCl2 is rock salt. Calcium Chloride. You use it to get all the water out of the solvent. So you have complete separation. Add it until the CaCl2 stops clumping.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: in NEED of desperate DMT help with yellow goo oil shit [Re: neuro]
    #2401331 - 03/04/04 02:56 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

CaCl is drierite, and ice melting salt.

Great for drying shrooms too.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #2401487 - 03/04/04 05:20 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

75g of pure n,n out of 220g mhrb?
strangely high yielding...

FH

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag