Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Re: pinning to quickly.. what should he do?
    #23902 - 07/11/00 01:28 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think I'm the best person to answer this, but since nobody else has I'll give it a shot. I don't see any reason why you couldn't go ahead and birth the cake that is 90% colonized. If you case it, just leave out the uncolonized part. If you are going to fruit them as cakes, I think I've read that you can cauterize the uncolonized portion with a hot nail. This will prevent growth in that area but also prevent contam from starting there.

If you are waiting for the other jars to pin in vitro, then read the post about "in vitro pinning of non pf strains" (if it isn't pf). Either way, I don't see why you couldn't go ahead and case these jars if they are 100% colonized, it may just take a bit longer.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAldous
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: inside my skull
Re: pinning to quickly.. what should he do?
    #23904 - 07/11/00 08:12 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Just watch out if you wanna case those tightly packed jars. Leave them to colonize a while longer, because when they're tightly packed the center takes much longer to colonize. I've seen fully colonized jars with the center still untouched. If you're unsure, it may be better to take the first flush off the cakes, and case them for the second. The yield of tightly packed cakes is very good, only mine took ages to colonize. Good luck.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation