Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
No reason to worry
    #2390141 - 03/01/04 04:58 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Sometimes i get scared, and i worry about things ive done in the past, and things to come in the future. When that happens i write in a journal and it is theraputic. I have a plethora of writings, and when i become too anxious i look through them. Lately, ive had much to be scared and/or worried about. This is one of my old scribbles.

Its 4:37am, long night, no inclanation to sleep. Although wishing to be rid of mysery, you run towards mysery itself. Although wishing to have happiness, like an enemy you ignorantly destroy it. Why? For what reason must you dwell on negativity?

Though there will always be things to worry about, there is never any good reason to worry. For worry accomplishes nothing positive. Not only does worry waste your time and drain your energy. It also keeps you focused on the negative aspects of life, and gives those negative things more power.

Sure, there are things that trouble you, things that need to be changed. Rather than worrying about them, go to work on them. You'll never completely eliminate all the possible things about which to worry. Yet you can completely eliminate worry itself.

Try thinking of something that troubles you, and then let yourself peacefully accept it in the moment. Know that your positive thoughts and actions are the best way to make it better.

Stop worrying about life and start living it with power and positive purpose. You'll be amazed at the difference it can make.

if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Male User Gallery
Re: No reason to worry [Re: CleverName]
    #2390348 - 03/01/04 08:31 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

offtopic observation for the intolerant amongst us:

English age-of-consent being 16 I think,
and Japanese maybe lower...But the laws of other countries not our concern... (laissez-faire)?

walk softly carrying a big stick?-

When in Rome do as the Romans do?-

Getting upset over the tresspass of others on subjective moral codes is counter to what Jesus was all about I think- and yet we find militant Christians imposing ill-concieved ideas on their countrymen and the rest of the world.

Time for introspection and dialogue I think.

(sorry for the rant)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology