Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Coir, Dessicant, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineData__Stitch
Junglist
Golden Teachers??
    #2389763 - 03/01/04 12:14 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Alright, recently i ordered GTs and Burmas from Ralph. The Burmas were cased two days before the GTs and were last to pin. The Burmas also had fucked up, uneven pinning with really ugly stumpy shrooms. Where on the other hand, the GTs were beautiful. The day came to eat and i chose the GTs. I ate 12 grams dry Gts and NOTHING. So the next day I ate 6 grams dry Burmas and tripped my ass off. Whats up with this? Are there any reasons why perfectly healthy shrooms would have no effect? Or could it be that they are not GTs at all?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecrazychemist
Spreader ofSpores

Re: Golden Teachers?? [Re: Data__Stitch]
    #2389875 - 03/01/04 01:41 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Burmas rock!  I dunno what happened to yours, but mine were beautiful.  Not sure why yours looked funny and fucked you up?

:mushroom2:

--------------------
The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room.
-Waking Life

Offlinereaderror
PurpleHaze

#2389878 - 03/01/04 01:45 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Im curious about this to, People have refered to GT as being 'weak' but others say its powerful, Im confused, I know 'cubes are cubes' but what gives?

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #2389911 - 03/01/04 02:05 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i love GT's potency and yeild has always made me more than happy.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: Golden Teachers?? [Re: Hanky]
    #2389921 - 03/01/04 02:08 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah i agree with hanky, GT is one of my fave. Its easy to grow, has fair yields and has never let me down with potency

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Golden Teachers?? [Re: readerror]
    #2389922 - 03/01/04 02:08 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Different people have different oppinions. I think you'll find with each strain there will people who are for that particular strain, and people who think it stinks.

OfflineData__Stitch
Junglist
    #2390482 - 03/01/04 10:10 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yea, but were talking about NO effect after 12 dry grams. They were also in perfect conditon, with over a pound wet on my first flush. Other buddies of mine have also not tripped off the GTs.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Re: Golden Teachers?? [Re: crazychemist]
    #2390556 - 03/01/04 10:48 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

crazychemist said:
Burmas rock!  I dunno what happened to yours, but mine were beautiful.  Not sure why yours looked funny and fucked you up?

:mushroom2:

Thats beautifull crazychemist, I would like to know how you did that.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #2390570 - 03/01/04 10:54 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Try growing them in some sort of bulk sub , instead of just casing them , perhaps they did not have enough nutes to really get potent .
12 dry grams should have sent you into orbit around the sun IMO , even if just a tad weak .
Did they bruise much when you picked them ?

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineData__Stitch
Junglist
Re: Golden Teachers?? [Re: tripndicular]
    #2391819 - 03/01/04 05:54 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

They did not bruise at all. They were very good looking and healthy. Second flush has just been picked...also healthy and good looking.

IM STUMPED!

Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
    #2484314 - 03/30/04 06:29 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

One thing I don't see mentioned is how the GT's were dried. If heat was used that could explain the low potency

Anonymous

#2484376 - 03/30/04 06:46 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe you found one that just doesn't produce goodies. Try again with GT becasue they work just find TYPICALLY.

They do dry up more then other strains, IE you get more shrooms per dry weight sample then say EQ. But I have never found a ZERO potency GT, or any other cubensis.

I have met people that do not trip, based on other chemicals they are ingesting.

Very weird. Definetly try again with the GT, and see if it happens again. If it does, I know at least ONE person in the community that was interested in a non-producing Psilocybe cubensis, for doing legal research with.

Offlinecrazychemist
Spreader ofSpores

Re: Golden Teachers?? [Re: filthysock]
    #2484455 - 03/30/04 07:03 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry, never saw the thread again!  That casing was just 12 1/2 pints of PF tek cased in coir/verm/oyster.  Before they pinned I was gone for the weekend and they were not fanned, I came home to a beautiful pinset. :smile:  PM me if you have any other q's.

--------------------
The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room.
-Waking Life

OfflineYGYJ
Fast Learner

#2485907 - 03/31/04 01:47 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

did you pick them before the veil broke? I mader a mistake od waiting for the veils to bloom out and they were so weak. The ones with the closed veils and thin under wrapping is most potent.

Invisiblesnatchcakes
Rad Dude

Loc: HellTrack
    #2486394 - 03/31/04 07:52 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I grew out GTs not too long ago. .75grams dry and i was tripping pretty nicely.So im not sure what is up with yours,but GTs are some of the most potent cubes ive tried.

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: Golden Teachers?? [Re: YGYJ]
    #2486403 - 03/31/04 08:09 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

YGYJ said:
did you pick them before the veil broke? I mader a mistake od waiting for the veils to bloom out and they were so weak. The ones with the closed veils and thin under wrapping is most potent.

thats just straight out not true,cubes dont suddenly lose potency when they mature,i always let my shrooms mature untill they are flat capped and dumping spore everywhere and i have no issues with potency.

data stich i've heard of a few people complain about GT's potency wise yet i love them myself,it's possible that there is a week substrain around which produces a boring shroom but i can assure you that not all GT's a like that.

here are some of mine.

i've been growing nothing but GT's for a while now there an all around crowd pleaser,very visual with a minimum of head fuck.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Anonymous

#2486473 - 03/31/04 09:13 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, id say that 12 grams would have you bouncing off the walls.  tell us how you dried them, and just how dry were they really.

and hey man, if you didnt use grain....go with grain, and i BET you they kick your fucking ass, i use finch seed, shit is cheap as hell and they grow way more potent.  nutrients could very well be your problem, or drying method.

i fan dry for 24-48 hours then put them in dessicant chamber for another 24-48  and they are fucking niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :laugh:

Offlinejimsuzo
I am the Eggman

Loc: Land of the not-so-free
    #2486481 - 03/31/04 09:21 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Interesting about the low potency GTs. I had a similar experience with GTs some time ago (see the link below) Beautiful shrooms, but they didn't make me trip. Didn't bruise blue either. I think I ate like 6 grams one time without any significant effect.

these shrooms don't make me trip

I never did figure out the problem for certain, but was suspecting at the time that it had something to do with my drying/preserving method - now that I see this thread, however, I'm beginning to wonder if maybe there's a strain of low potency GT's going around. I still have a print from that strain if anyone is interested in investigating it further. Me? - I eventually switched to Amazons - they bruised blue and did all the other stuff you like for shrooms to do. I've not tried the GTs or anything else since then.

--------------------
There are roughly nine galaxies for every person alive on the planet today. Each of these galaxies has a billion suns, give or take the odd hundred million

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Coir, Dessicant, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation