Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinealphaone
Big Detail
Male
Can mushrooms enhance learning abilities?
    #2388975 - 02/29/04 03:22 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

While browsing the Net, I stumbled across some articles in which it is mentioned that certain psychedelics (including psilocybin) can, under certain conditions, enhance learning abilities. However, the articles didn't go into detail, as if the subject called for a much broader explanation or was held a secret.

Does anyone know of an online article (or a book, but preferably online text) that deals with this matter? Of course you can post your own methods that worked for you.

I don't think only about increasing the creativity here.. that's a pretty obvious effect, but how to make yourself capable of absorbing information that has hitherto been a damn boring task?

For the past two years I've been struggling with some exams that have exhausted me in such a way that, although I know I can master them through rigorous discipline, it's bloody painful because I find them more and more disgusting with each attempt and reading. I found myself falling asleep as soon as I take the book.  :nut: Everything can become a distraction while attempting to focus on learning this stuff.

So, I was thinking... perhaps there are some meditations or special rituals with which one can, under the power of mushrooms, either find out why he's gotten to hate the subject in question and thereby find a solution by bypassing that obstacle, or learn how to get to love the subject (at least to some extent) so that it doesn't cause automatic reflex of disinterestedness and resistance.

I have already tried shrooms twice, loved it, but didn't quite get to the bottom of this issue.. Then again, I haven't thought too much about it while in the shroomed state of mind.

Another question, partly related to the first one:

I'm expecting four doses of fresh Psilocybe Mexicana shrooms (each dose 15 grams) to arrive soon. One dose (15 g) is enough for a strong trip. I'm contemplating about taking two doses (30 g) at once... would that be too much for this variety of shrooms? The last time I did truffles I didn't have any problems with one dose.

Edited by alphaone (02/29/04 03:42 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Can mushrooms enhance learning abilities? [Re: alphaone]
    #2389027 - 02/29/04 03:43 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

alphaone said:
I don't think only about increasing the creativity.. that's a pretty obvious effect, but how to make yourself capable of absorbing information that has hitherto been a damn boring task?

I find that my concentration is much better since I've begun using psychedelics.  Information that previously would have bored me to read/learn, now seems interesting and intriguing in its own right.  :smile:

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #2390305 - 03/01/04 07:36 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

http://www.bluehoney.org/Alchemy.htm

The New Alchemy
Alan Watts

Quote:

Certain psychiatrists who seem overly anxious to hang on to the socially approved sensation of reality---more or less the world as perceived on a bleak Monday morning---classify these chemicals as hallucinogens producing toxic effects of a schizoid or psychotic character. I am afraid this is psychiatric gobbledygook: a sort of authoritative rumble of disapproval. Neither substance is an addictive drug, like heroin or opium, and it has never been demonstrated that they have harmful effects upon people who were not otherwise seriously disturbed. It is begging the question to call the changes of consciousness which they educe hallucinations, for some of the unusual things felt and seen may be no more unreal than the unfamiliar forms perceived through a microscope. We do not know. It is also begging the question to call their effects toxic, which might mean poisonous, unless this word can also be used for the effects of vitamins or proteins. Such language is evaluative, not descriptive in any scientific sense.

Quote:

A chemical description of spiritual experience has somewhat the same use and the same limits as the chemical description of a great painting. It is simple enough to make a chemical analysis of the paint, and for artists and connoisseurs alike there is some point in doing so. It might also be possible to work out a chemical description of all the processes that go on in the artist while he is painting. But it would be incredibly complicated, and in the meantime the same processes could be described and communicated far more effectively in some other language than the chemical. We should probably say that a process is chemical only when chemical language is the most effective means of describing it. Analogously, some of the chemicals known as psychedelics provide opportunities for mystical insight in much the same way that well-prepared paints and brushes provide opportunities for fine painting, or a beautifully constructed piano for great music. They make it easier, but they do not accomplish the work all by themselves.

:thumbup: :grin: :mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Can mushrooms enhance learning abilities? [Re: MOTH]
    #2391732 - 03/01/04 05:18 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
Quote:

alphaone said:
I don't think only about increasing the creativity.. that's a pretty obvious effect, but how to make yourself capable of absorbing information that has hitherto been a damn boring task?

I find that my concentration is much better since I've begun using psychedelics.  Information that previously would have bored me to read/learn, now seems interesting and intriguing in its own right.  :smile:

Yea I agree.  The greatness of tripping is in that it makes the world open up and come alive.  YOu want to know as much as you can, your natural curiosity is heightened, and you get euphoria from exploring the mystery of the universe.  It'll make all sorts of areas of study much more worthwhile and interesting, becuase it reveals the fact that, by learning, you're actually increasing your world, as your brain can now understand and put together more aspects of reality.  My trip in san francisco inspired me to take a math class.  I hate math! And I don't have to take any in order to get my degree here.  But I am, because it'll provide another perspective.

--------------------

Offlinegandallf206
Wanderer
Loc: Upstate N.Y
    #2394509 - 03/02/04 11:45 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

mushrooms enhance your abillity to think deeper into all things,thus improving your abillity to learn.

Offlinellama
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: none of this is real
    #2397236 - 03/03/04 06:05 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Never did me any harm an i started tripin in 2046 :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
Re: Can mushrooms enhance learning abilities? [Re: llama]
    #2397272 - 03/03/04 06:55 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

llama said:
Never did me any harm an i started tripin in 2046 :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

Wow!! How is this possible? Do you know what year this is now? Are you a time traveler? :rolleyes:

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2397282 - 03/03/04 07:09 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I didnt read the whole thread but answering the subject question, yes.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Microscope

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience