Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Thinking in Cubes
    #2388377 - 02/29/04 09:12 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

"Put your entire thought process into cubes of thought, and then make 2 more identical ones next to it, spaced with a blackness of thought. Now move up to an angle where you can see it?s 2-D, and make it 3-D, adding 3 cubes behind it, also spaced with a blackness of thought. Now make it a beautiful 9 cube, perfectly balanced, adding another 3 to make 3 rows x 3 rows." This allowed me to think a lot deeper, and made me see reality's different layers. It had a sort of child-like nostalgia about it, really was an ingenious thinking. It's hard to do normally, though, as now I just visualize it instead of feeling it, but last night it was awesome, to be able to put your entire mindset into cubes.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
Re: Thinking in Cubes [Re: Ravus]
    #2388561 - 02/29/04 11:38 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

That can not be. As all thoughts are lucid like a river.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2388576 - 02/29/04 11:52 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I don't know that thoughts are lucid like a river, for everyone. And I think you can change the way you think, even if they are.

That's interesting about thinking in cubes. I think in pictures mostly, and when I have to many thoughts, I put them in compartments. I never thought about cubes before.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
    #2389025 - 02/29/04 03:42 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Edited by Xibalba (09/30/05 12:57 AM)

Anonymous

Re: Thinking in Cubes [Re: Frog]
    #2389042 - 02/29/04 03:50 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Frog said:
  I think in pictures mostly, and when I have to many thoughts, I put them in compartments. 

you think in pictures??? i can only think in words... :frown:

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Thinking in Cubes [Re: ]
    #2389833 - 03/01/04 12:40 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Ive learned how to think visually to great advantage. its made me MUCH faster at processing thoughts.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineDestruKtiKon
Embrace theChaos!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
    #2390004 - 03/01/04 02:59 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I guess I think in words, I don't know, thought just happens for me. I guess I have a rather chaotic mind :crazy2:

--------------------
Light & Music

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Thinking in Cubes [Re: DestruKtiKon]
    #2390037 - 03/01/04 03:20 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I wrote this about thinking a couple weeks ago:

Thinking in pictures only makes sense, then there is no language to comprehend. I definately used to think in streams of language - they were so slow.

So lets put some social/cultural factors into play; Language is a relatively new school of thought, lets give it 3000 years in the span of evolution. Language adds many variables to ones perception, just because a word is a word or a sentence a sentence does not necessarily make it true or real, the word and sentence needs to be defined - this definition comes from culture - the living paradigm around us, where-ever we are.

Now....

Just because something has one definition or interpretation DOES NOT mean that it cant sway - again culture defines what we believe, and thus what our self conscious allows us to see.

Because of our culture and our respective beliefs our collective subconscious easily blocks out and untrains our perception/ In other words - because we believe what we do, because of our cultural conditioning - we both as people and as cultures Learn to block out un-traditional interpretations of something within reality.

Its an easy principle to present: It just comes down to where and how your perceiving from - while I perceive a bear as food, a child would perceive it a threat, and a chinese man might see it as medicine, and a hunter might see it as a challenge. Bear - one word - many different interpretations and perceptions.

As one can see, our difference in perceptions comes from understanding, what i might understand on a functional level based in reality the chinese man might understand in a spiritual magical context, and the child understands in the learned cultural context of fear and danger.

Granted - some may have a way advanced grasp of language and culture - Understanding However, even so - this slows ones immediate thought process down; What the brain knows has learned responses programmed into our neural passageways.So When you hear bear, your subconscious starts scrambling for the correct situational perception of it. Every thought processed in words is handled like this. The mind is fast, and we do not notice our own delays as our subconscious punches out an understanding card in our head every 3 seconds.

Having gone through the transition from language to visual thinker, I only now realize the immense benefit i now have.

Thinking in pictures eliminates the need to reference the thought, as it is already put into context within the head. When I think, i see a constant stream of picture's, each one representational, visceral, already real, understood faster because its already in the situational context that the thought is pertaining to. Another advantage is how the clutter manifests itself. A language thinker experiences mental clutter as a lack of clarity and in a manifestation of a variety of physical symptoms including stress, perspiration, odour release - etc. , always - easy to see, understand and consequently address if necessary.

I dare you to find the lesson.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Thinking in Cubes [Re: PDU]
    #2390050 - 03/01/04 03:31 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Whenever I think about the alphabet, numers or dates in time I always visualize it. I didn't notice until recently that I have done this for some time.

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology