Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

A real effective cure for HPPD!
    #23880110 - 11/30/16 12:05 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Hello everybody. I wanted to start this off by saying I don't want to start an argument over whether HPPD is real. I know people are wired differently and some people get it, others do not. For those of you who have never had an issue with HPPD I would appreciate you keeping any negative thoughts about the legitimacy of it to yourself. This is simply something I wanted to share with everybody who does suffer from (or enjoy) this interesting mental state, as a form of help.

This whole ordeal started for me not too long ago. I have known I am susceptible to HPPD since my first or second shroom trip but it has never really bothered me. In a way, it's nice to constantly have that reminder that I've walked in two realms. However, it started to get a little out of hand about 5 weeks ago.

I have been experimenting with shrooms for about a year and a half now, and in that time I've had a total of 14 trips, which seems like a very reasonable number. The problem arose because the last 5 of those trips have occurred withing the last month or so, as well as my first LSD experience, and about 25 of my first sub breakthrough but still rather intense DMT trips.

Now to me that is a lot of psychedelic use. and a lot of fun! But I am young and plan a fast ravenous stream of psychedelic experiences before my day is up. but it was no surprise when I had to give a little in exchange for all of of the teachings, growth, and knowledge I have gained from these incredible substances in the form of some relatively mild HPPD, but none the less HPPD.

I was beginning to worry that the way my brain was changing was going to affect my ability to use these drugs in regards to considering mental health first, but then I came along an interesting bit of information. "There is a cure for HPPD." This was music to my ears. My HPPD would normally go away within a couple of months but would return to some degree with as little as one shroom trip, so hearing there was an effective way to deal with it really got me excited.

FASTING! Simply not eating has proven itself to be a potent combatant of HPPD for me. To understand how effective this was, let's get an idea of to exactly what degree my HPPD was compared to how it is now. The night after my most recent shroom trip I was trying to fall asleep when I noticed every time I was beginning to nod off I would hear the sounds I hear when I close my eyes in the midst of a powerful shroom trip, and would see bright flashes of light, and the waviness of surfaces was to the point that it was comparable to a low dose of shrooms. Now keep in mind this was my 5th shroom trip amongst countless DMT trips and one acid trip that month, and the trouble getting to sleep went away within two nights, nonetheless, it was something that got me thinking, not worrying but thinking. I try not to worry about HPPD because it causes the most interference in one's everyday life when you're stuck worrying about how strong it is, but I decided to see if there were any effective methods of getting rid of it asides from abstinence from psychedelics. That's when I came across fasting.

I found reports of one person undergoing an 11-day water fast (which sounds a little risky and overkill in my opinion, but to each their own.) The poster told of having quite strong effects of HPPD before fasting, but after his monster fast, the effects were so absent that after some time he had forgotten he ever used to worry about it. Another poster stated that he had made fasting something relatively common (1-2times a year) and that it was like pressing the reset button on stress and HPPD. Following this were multiple posts about people reporting similar effects and stating that 11 days was not necessary. This caught my interest and I decided to give it a try on a whim.

I decided to just stop eating and drinking except water after breakfast for as long as I could one day, (this was only 9 days after my most recent shroom trip so the effects of the HPPD were most certainly strong) or until I noticed results. I figured it wouldn't work because it seemed too good to be true, but I was surprised in the best of ways. After only 24 hours of fasting, I noticed results comparable to a month and a half of abstinence and was blown away, so my fast ended there, also french toast was cooking upstairs and I couldn't say no to that.

Overall, this seems to be a very effective method of ridding yourself of HPPD if you feel it would benefit you. I know some people enjoy the effects of HPPD but too much could certainly be debilitating. Just make sure you research how to do it safely especially if you plan on fasting for a longer period of time.

Fasting is also proven to be extremely helpful for treating a multitude of mental and physical conditions including stress and anxiety and if you think about it, it makes sense. For the majority of human evolution, food has not been something that was able to be treated how it is now, and was scarce for days on end, so those who were predisposed to gain some advantages in the absence of food would have been survivors.

I have heard many theories as to why this works so well for HPPD. The prevailing idea is based on the fact that HPPD is not brain damage but simply your brain changing over time and in a way learning to act how it does during a trip, and caloric restriction causes the brain to revert back to how it used to be back when it knew there was food around (ie: pre-HPPD) in an attempt to remember where food is. I'm not saying this is for sure how it works, but it seems to make a reasonable amount of sense.

So if anybody out there has any idea how and why it works so well or wants to add anything, please chime in! and for those of you who have been looking for a way to deal with HPPD, I genuinely hope this has offered the help you need.

and a disclaimer. I am not promising this will work for everybody, I know everybody's bodys, brains and minds are different, but I really hope this can help as many of you out there as possible :smile: !!! worth a shot right?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMr.GuessWork
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: A real effective cure for HPPD! [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #23884297 - 12/01/16 01:50 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Interesting. Assuming there's something to it, I wonder If it's go something to do with the effects of stress hormones and that kind of stuff on the brain. Lot's of them have been shown to have effects on memory and other stuff like that. I think those stress hormones are thought to be involved with the mechanism of some diseases like PSTD. Some of the MRI work on brains under the effects of mushrooms and LSD show that these drugs make brain activity a little more flexible, kind of like the way a baby's brain is during development. Some research suggests that the flexibility might be part of the underlying mechanism that seems to give Mushrooms some therapeutic benefit for stuff like PTSD. Maybe this fasting idea is sort of the opposite effect: using a stressor (not as bad as PTSD though) to make the brain less flexible. I wonder if other stressors could have a similar effect? Way cool.

There's a russian guy who had been coming on here every once in a while talking about his problems with HPPD, and he wasn't having any luck with getting it figured out the last couple times I saw him post. I think I'll send him a link to this thread so he can see it next time he logs in. Good thread post, man.

Anonymous #1

Re: A real effective cure for HPPD! [Re: Mr.GuessWork]
    #23885587 - 12/01/16 09:32 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks! That's interesting what you said about psychedelics making your brain more plastic. It makes perfect sense now that you say it. That would also explain why they can cause HPPD since in that state your brain is more suceptable to change.

I didn't think about hormones, or whether or not they have much to do with it. Im not sure about how fasting affects stress hormones, it certainly increases the presence of the hunger hormone grhelin, I imagine, but I don't know if that would have much to do with HPPD.

I imagine if the mild "trauma" of not eating has something to do with it, then possibly other forms of mild trauma would have similar effects. I haven't heard anything about that though, if anybody has please let me know.

The whole idea that there is an actual effective way to lessen the effects of HPPD in a short period of time seems so cool to me, and I'm very surprised that so few people seem to know about it. I could only find 2 threads about it on the internet, and none on the shroomery.

If anybody else has HPPD and wants to try this let me know how your results are, I would be interested in seeing the variance in effectivness between people.

InvisibleTiamo
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: A real effective cure for HPPD! [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #23906484 - 12/08/16 01:24 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I'll try it. Got nothing to lose. :justdontknow:

Offlinepatrickm88
Stranger
Re: A real effective cure for HPPD! [Re: Tiamo]
    #23981923 - 01/04/17 06:48 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Have you tried it? How long did you fast for? What impact did it have on your body? Did it work completely?

InvisibleTiamo
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: A real effective cure for HPPD! [Re: patrickm88]
    #23981951 - 01/04/17 06:57 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Something between 24-48 hrs, nothing really happened. But over time the symptoms did lessen. Don't want to attribute it to the fast, but simply time.

Offlinepatrickm88
Stranger
Re: A real effective cure for HPPD! [Re: Tiamo]
    #24007520 - 01/13/17 05:20 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I fasted for about 55 hours. It made my thoughts feel better. Didnt see any change in the visuals though. I am going to try again soon. I want to go at least 5 days.

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: A real effective cure for HPPD! [Re: patrickm88]
    #24011279 - 01/15/17 06:28 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

it kind of works the same way running does
you people should try jogging
not too much though the pavement is pretty hard on your joints but cardio exercise is one of the only things that can heal a brain

Anonymous #1

Re: A real effective cure for HPPD! [Re: Konyap]
    #24015944 - 01/16/17 11:15 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I've noticed this for sure. Not only does cardiovascular activity distract you from the symptoms of hppd, as well as seemingly reversing them, but it also increases dopamine levels in the brain, making you feel quite a lot better, especially if you are a sedentary person. I had a knee injury and stay away from jogging and repetitive impact sports, but other with other forms of cardio especially outdoors on a sunny day, I notice huge mood lifts easily comparable to 20mg of dextroamphetamine.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies