Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFunkhi
Stranger
Bacterial contam, Verticillium?
    #23874794 - 11/28/16 10:30 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Hello! New user here, no help from searching around a LOT.. no pictures from similar problems I'm currently facing.

Pictures first:
http://i.imgur.com/XZUooRK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Kvle84h.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bH8b8HO.jpg

As you can see, hollow from the center, cap has "collapsed" already on an early stage.
Also funky growth on the stem and cap, dark stripes in the stems. Lately theres also some amber/yellow-ish marks on the pf-tek cake itself. Stress from moving/touching or bact. contam?

Growing on SGFC, holes on all 6 sides, 1inch elevation underneath the terrarium. Misting 2-3times per day. RH in terrarium around 92-93% constant (a little lower when I havent misted obv.) Temp around 68-70 F.

What I've studied this could be Verticillium? Or some other Bacterial contamination?
OR have I just over misted my pins and not fanned them enough?

Edited by Funkhi (11/28/16 10:34 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bacterial contam, Verticillium? [Re: Funkhi]
    #23874831 - 11/28/16 10:47 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Welcome to the forum Funkhi :heart:

There is a lot of deformations that look kinda of like stress from pretty extreme over misting?
Have you been misting a lot? Remember not to mist until they've completely dried from the last misting, or it causes intense stress and deformation and even rot.
If you're not over misting than this could be bacteria. As you mentioned, your fresh air exchange could also be the blame since the water is not evaporating off the pins before the next misting, in effect this is the same as over misting.

I personally don't see much signs of active bacteria, Verticillium acts differently, I've had it 2 or 3 times in the past.

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OfflineFunkhi
Stranger
Re: Bacterial contam, Verticillium? [Re: Tmethyl]
    #23874856 - 11/28/16 10:58 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you for welcoming!
Could be overmisting, I used to keep misting often since it's very dry in our house (under 40% rh, yikes) and had a lot of troubles with terrarium humidity.
I'll start studying and watching how these babies start doing without misting them.
Should I try hold the humidity up by maybe pouring water on the bottom of my sgfc?
Also what I need to do is get a higher raise on the bottom of the box, maybe that 1inch isnt enough for proper airflow.

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bacterial contam, Verticillium? [Re: Funkhi]
    #23874869 - 11/28/16 11:05 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Good idea, see how they do with less misting. Just keep misting the rock around them instead of them directly.
I would keep that 1" gap, shouldn't need more, especially since your RH is 40%

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder