Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblesnatchcakes
Rad Dude

Loc: HellTrack
FruitingQuestion,please help.
    #2386219 - 02/28/04 10:17 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Im growing GTs.About 10 days ago i made 1 casing(straight verm)and incubated for a few days till mycelluim was conming through evenly,and left 1 jar as a cake.I cold shocked them and everything like i was suppose to.I Then lowered the temp in my tub in tub down to 76 degrees and I have been misting with peroxide/water solution and fanning 3xs a day since.So far nocontams,but not really much growth either.
The casing has 3 small pins growing,and by small i mean less than an 1/8th of an inch,and they have been that same size for 4 days now with absolutly no growthThere are also a lot of little bumps all over that look like they are the beginings of pins,but they too have not changed in days.
The cake on the other hand is actually growing alot in bulk size,but not with cottony fluffy mycelluim,instead it is growing extremely rhizomatic and in big clumps all over.But no signs of pins.
I put the casing back in the fridge for about 6 hours yesterday thinking maybe that might help,but i noticed no change.
the inside of my fruiting chamber is pretty high in humidity,i dont know exactly how high but the walls and top are covered in water droplets.

I am not really worried about them,after all im just happy theres no contams so far(knock on wood),but why are they taking so long?
I always thought that once pins started to grow they grew fast,at the rate they are going ill be retiring before they are done.
Is there anything i should change or that i am doing wrong?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesnatchcakes
Rad Dude

Re: FruitingQuestion,please help. [Re: snatchcakes]
    #2386452 - 02/28/04 01:25 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

anyone have any suggestions?

Offlinelittlejohn747
addict

#2386490 - 02/28/04 01:44 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i wouldn't cold shock anymore if you cold shock while their is pins you might slow it down even more. how is your air exchange? somtimes it just takes time I cold shocked 4 cakes for 12 hours and it has taken about 2 weeks for little mushies and pins to appear. I mean you said everything looks healthy so relax and have faith in you skill. plus pics might be helpful

Invisiblesnatchcakes
Rad Dude

Re: FruitingQuestion,please help. [Re: littlejohn747]
    #2386504 - 02/28/04 01:50 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

im afraid i cant take pics no camera,but they do look healthy.i fan 3 or 4 times a day and i have a airstone in my perlite.i mist when im done fanning.
i just thought it was weird that the ones that are growing now(the pins i mean)have been the same size for 4 days but ill be patient,i just thought maybe the growth parameters i have set up were wrong.

Offlinelittlejohn747
addict

#2386514 - 02/28/04 01:59 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

personaly if anything I would stop misting with the h202 and just use store bought spring water.I have heard some people say the hydrogen peroxide has been know to slow down grow. other than that keep the temp in the 70's give'em some light, lots of air(which it sounds like you got down) and you will have some boomers in no time.good luck though I am sure they will come through.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation