Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFesterBestertester
journeyman
Something I learned about Salvia extraction.
    #2386210 - 02/28/04 10:01 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

This reminds me of a post or instructions I read about how to make salvia blotter. But it didn't make sense at the time, well it does now. Yet it still seems weird.
I took a bunch of crushed up and powdered salvia leafs and put them in a coffee filter placed INTO a jar, added 99% isopropyl alcohol, about twice the height of the powder. In a short period of time the alcohol started becoming cloudy (the liquid that soaked through the coffee filter).
OK batch # 2, my brothers plant material, his was soaked in a pop bottle, then after a while of shaking and sitting in the IPA. It was poured through a coffee filter, the result was CLEAR green liquid, no cloudiness.
So I thought somethings wrong, so poured the green IPA back into the leaf, swirled it around and poured it off, no filtering, result:CLOUDY green.

Conclusion: seems that when one QUICKLY pours the green alcohol through the filter, the salvinorum stays behind, filtered out by the coffee filter, which I find strange for something in a liquid form.
The salvinorum can get through the filter, if it's soaks through in time.
Next time I'm NOT going to evaporate alcohol from shallow pans, I'm going to experiment by collecting my stuff from coffee filters.

WOW, that's all I have left to say!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden